Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Questions About White...

So I am getting Summit White and have a few questions that weren't answered in other threads.

1) When can I order White? Now or do I have to wait until July?

2) If I can order now, when do you think it will be ready by?

Thanks

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
You will probably be able to order a month or two before they start producing them and it will be ready a few months after ordering is my best guess.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
You will probably be able to order a month or two before they start producing them and it will be ready a few months after ordering is my best guess.
so i can't order now?

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 01-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I haven't been to a dealer yet so I have no answer to that question. If white isn't available until summer, I don't think you'd be able place an order for a white car until a few months before they start production of it. I think you might have to wait until Mayish to place an order if you want a white one.

I'm not GM so I don't know. I was giving you my best guess.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Chevy's response to your question is the following:

Summit white exterior color should be available in July 2009.

We are still months away from accepting orders with the White exterior color. We would suggest ordering the customer's vehicle in a different color, and then changing the exterior once White is released and available during the order process.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:06 AM   #6
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
HMMMMM i wonder
Old 01-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Chevy's response to your question is the following:

Summit white exterior color should be available in July 2009.

We are still months away from accepting orders with the White exterior color. We would suggest ordering the customer's vehicle in a different color, and then changing the exterior once White is released and available during the order process.
so I can go order now in a different color then once the white is available I can change it? But how am I going to know when whites available and what if the dealer says its too late to change?

Old 01-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
i was told you cant order for another month
Old 01-09-2009, 06:31 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
so I can go order now in a different color then once the white is available I can change it? But how am I going to know when whites available and what if the dealer says its too late to change?
work with a dealer who will keep the car down on the list a while, make sure your deposit is refundable, make sure they know white is important, and tell them to do it because I SAY SO!

OR, you could just tell them this is how THEY'RE SUPPOSE to do it, as it states in chevylaunch.com

Tell them they need to work a little to earn your business!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #10
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
work with a dealer who will keep the car down on the list a while, make sure your deposit is refundable, make sure they know white is important, and tell them to do it because I SAY SO!

OR, you could just tell them this is how THEY'RE SUPPOSE to do it, as it states in chevylaunch.com

Also, make sure to use drawings and to speak very slowly so your dealer understands. While there are exceptions to the rule, the rule is clear. Your dealer is an idiot. When asking about white, your dealer will tell you that it is available when it is clearly not, or your dealer will say that it will be available in 1000 years. If you ask about a Chevy, you're dealer will give you false information about a Dodge. I, too, wish this were not the case, but it is not my fault that so many dealerships have a requirement that their salespeople be dropped on the head as children. Sadly, we can only try to understand their ignorance and try to accommodate them so that we can get what we want.

Fortunately, CamaroScotty does not fit this mold.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
TaylorRyanSS

Quote:

Ok well we kinda know the dealer pretty well so it shouldn't be too bad
thanks