Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Beau0311

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS V6 - Automatic
2012 V6 Supercharger

I have a 2012 V6 2LS Camaro. I have a K&N intake (which had to be modified because the air sensor is different than 2010-11) and a magnaflow axle back system installed. I wanted to install a supercharger and wanted some advice/opinions (other than trade in for SS lol) I got my 2012 camaro brand new for 20k so with a supercharger id still have less money in than SS and equal horsepower. Its really just for the street. This is the kit i was looking at (http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...oducts_id=7422)
Beau0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Start here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

But I don't know that there is a Supercharger for the 2012 yet

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
The IPF supercharger is for the 2011, 2011, and 2012. Look a little lower in the threads and its there. Also, I know that tracy (screenname SC2150) will work with you... I believe. Not too sure about that one.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
lesson1
I Get Around

Drives: 2011 1LT
I am also looking at ipf. Seems to be better option as far as tuning
lesson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Start here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98

But I don't know that there is a Supercharger for the 2012 yet
IPF has kits for the 2010-11 LLT motor as well as the 2012 LFX motor. The car in our video is our 2012 demonstrator.

To view the car in action, you can view our latest video by following the link below:

http://youtu.be/T62EH0OjY6I

For further information, call or email me.

Dave Loucks
KPE
www.IPF-Tuning.com
888-222-4291
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
w1kedz

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We can do it installed turnkey, and the RX system includes digital boost guage & guage pod, the RX dual valve oil separating crankcase evacuation system (the only system for the FI 3.6 DI motor that provides proper crankcase evacuation during boost and non-boost operation. This is a known issue when FI this motor), and a dedicated separate drive pulley/belt/tensioner so the SC is not adding more stress to the current belt already running the AC/power steering/water pump/altenator and in the event the sc belt would fail, you can still drive with all systems still working except the SC.

Let us know if you need more info. Systems have been shipping already and we can slot you in for the complete install, tuned turn-key.

We also have the higher output high pressure DI fuel pump needed for power over 400 rwhp.
Do you work with any shops in Southern California for installs? LONGGGGG drive to FL
w1kedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #8
Superfreak

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Quote:

Hello, have you installed a system on a 2012 yet? Just out of curiosity, how do you know that your crankcase vent system is the only one that provides proper crankcase venting? Have you seen the other systems or are you just speculating? I am not being critical I am just curious. Also do you have any real world results from your supercharger system? 1/4 mile times, etc? Lastly, with a fixed boost supercharger System, what is the need for a boost gauge. Thank you for the info.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Drives: 69 Z28
Quote:

Have you done a 2012 yet? I would like info if you have.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
Hello, have you installed a system on a 2012 yet? Just out of curiosity, how do you know that your crankcase vent system is the only one that provides proper crankcase venting? Have you seen the other systems or are you just speculating? I am not being critical I am just curious. Also do you have any real world results from your supercharger system? 1/4 mile times, etc? Lastly, with a fixed boost supercharger System, what is the need for a boost gauge. Thank you for the info.
We are doing them on LFX motors in several platforms....and no one in the country has done more R&D on these motors and the systems period. As far as the crankcase evac that is a fact.....do some searches here to see. If you think my statement is incorrect then show me another that actually does and explain how. There are dozens of threads here that explain it in detail, and ask any of the other FI shops from East Coast Super charging to RDP or any of the many STS kit owners that have had to retrofit theirs.

We are without question the foremost experts on proper crankcase evacuation on street car applications and have developed more products, done more R&D on the LLT & LFX motors. But please post details on how any other system accomplishes what we do.......best way for you to learn is go into details.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1kedz View Post
Do you work with any shops in Southern California for installs? LONGGGGG drive to FL
The Super Charger Connection is a dealer of all our products....contact Brian or Jessika.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Make It Rain
Account Suspended

Drives: 69 Z28
Quote:

You can do a 2012? Do you offer a warranty? Do you have a dyno or track times? Please answer.

Thanks
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
Superfreak

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS, 2004 LLY Dually
Quote:
We are doing them on LFX motors in several platforms....and no one in the country has done more R&D on these motors and the systems period. As far as the crankcase evac that is a fact.....do some searches here to see. If you think my statement is incorrect then show me another that actually does and explain how. There are dozens of threads here that explain it in detail, and ask any of the other FI shops from East Coast Super charging to RDP or any of the many STS kit owners that have had to retrofit theirs.

We are without question the foremost experts on proper crankcase evacuation on street car applications and have developed more products, done more R&D on the LLT & LFX motors. But please post details on how any other system accomplishes what we do.......best way for you to learn is go into details.

Thank you for the details but You didn't answer my other questions. Do you have any real world data from your "several platform" systems on the LFX engine? Any dyno data, videos of the car in action or 1/4 mile data? Just curious.
Superfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
Thank you for the details but You didn't answer my other questions. Do you have any real world data from your "several platform" systems on the LFX engine? Any dyno data, videos of the car in action or 1/4 mile data? Just curious.
If you have a LFX V6 your car year is wrong , It's misleading!

Tags
2012, 2ls, supercharger, v6 engine