Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2016, 09:00 AM   #1
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Fixable Dent? Pics inside

Hey guys... no luck with anyone attempting to fix this.. both PDR techs advised they need to drill a hole near the openening of the driver door... to access even then. They mentioned if there is another wall in the way (I'm sure there is) that would be
The end of it..

What do you guys suggest..?

Thanks!
Attached Images

ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #2
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Damn, that sucks.. I had a shopping cart ran into mine right in front of the"grill" area behind the door. Had to repaint the entire quarter panel, then they ****ed up the color matching, repainted entire driver side of the car after.. So yea, its kind of a pain in the ass. Sorry OP
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
gen5dewy

Drives: 2015 Black 2SS/RS
Just last week someone bumped into the driver side fender. pushed it in across the body line and got through the paint. saw security video of it but it is terrible and the campus security is less than helpful. even better is that it looks like a mustang that hit her...
gen5dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 AM   #4
ShadowYYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Damn, that sucks.. I had a shopping cart ran into mine right in front of the"grill" area behind the door. Had to repaint the entire quarter panel, then they ****ed up the color matching, repainted entire driver side of the car after.. So yea, its kind of a pain in the ass. Sorry OP
So at this point I know a body shop will be costly, is that pretty much my next move? I mean you can notice it up close but knowing us all. A dent = destroys the car :(
Old 10-13-2016, 09:45 AM   #5
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I bought mine with a slightly smaller dent on the front fender around those same folds. I just didn't see it the day I bought it. Too giddy I guess. Anyway, had it PDR'd and got 98% of it out. Then a week later another PDR guy was driving by and said, "Hey, you want me to fix that dent?" So obviously, it's still there to the trained eye.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:50 AM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
You can try paintless dent repair for the dent, then touch up paint to blend in the scratches with the rest of the body. I think that'll run you about 120 with the dent repair and touch up paint. Luckily its not on the edge so it should look good after the repair.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #7
Freddy G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
So at this point I know a body shop will be costly, is that pretty much my next move? I mean you can notice it up close but knowing us all. A dent = destroys the car :(
Well, It's gonna be expensive for a repaint. Let a PDR try his best to get 95% worth a shot. But what happen to it? Hit and run? I simply called my insurance company, and they decide its a hit and run by a shopping cart. so I paid my 200 bucks deductible and got her repainted.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
ShadowYYZ

Quote:
Well, It's gonna be expensive for a repaint. Let a PDR try his best to get 95% worth a shot. But what happen to it? Hit and run? I simply called my insurance company, and they decide its a hit and run by a shopping cart. so I paid my 200 bucks deductible and got her repainted.
Don't laugh but... my girlfriends 2002 suburban was parked near the drive way.. and well I was turning in.. and I haven't drove my car for 2 weeks since it was in shop.. warranty work..

Yep, thought I made the full.. turn :c of course her car was not really affected period :(
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #9
Freddy G

Quote:
Don't laugh but... my girlfriends 2002 suburban was parked near the drive way.. and well I was turning in.. and I haven't drove my car for 2 weeks since it was in shop.. warranty work..

Yep, thought I made the full.. turn :c of course her car was not really affected period :(
LOL. Shit happens man. Probably try a PDR first before you drop big bills for repaint. PDR will run you about 120. Worth a try. And tell her to park on the street next time
Old 10-13-2016, 11:35 AM   #10
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
LOL. Shit happens man. Probably try a PDR first before you drop big bills for repaint. PDR will run you about 120. Worth a try. And tell her to park on the street next time
PDR.

Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
ShadowYYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
PDR.

I did consult PDR, with dent guard however.. both the dudes who looked at it stated they would need to drill a hole in the passenger door bay. To access, even then they ask mentioned there maybe another wall which at that point his tools wouldn't be able to accesss it.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I've used painless dent repair 3 times this summer. The one dent someone backed into my fender right in the middle of the wheel arch on the lip. The dent was slightly larger then yours but looked similiar. They can defietley get that out I would guess around $150 based on what I paid. Give them a car.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:40 PM   #13
ShadowYYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I've used painless dent repair 3 times this summer. The one dent someone backed into my fender right in the middle of the wheel arch on the lip. The dent was slightly larger then yours but looked similiar. They can defietley get that out I would guess around $150 based on what I paid. Give them a car.

Should I find a reputable place? Seems dent guard keeps sending me to folks who stating they need to drill a hole and ultimately... state that..I run the risk of not having it fixed due to the complexity...
Old 10-13-2016, 01:58 PM   #14
Freddy G

Quote:
Should I find a reputable place? Seems dent guard keeps sending me to folks who stating they need to drill a hole and ultimately... state that..I run the risk of not having it fixed due to the complexity...
Drill a hoe is kinda normal for PDR, they had to drill a hole into my door to pop a dent out under the body line. They will put rubber cap in it afterward. Hardly noticeable, only you'll know its there. My PDR guy always says he can't get 100%. but every time it turns out perfect. So i would give it a try.