Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
CamaroGuySS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
2011 Camaro TPMS Problems

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Camaro SS. Recently, my front driver side TPMS went out and the "TPMS Service" message came on. So I went on Amazon and bought a new one, part number 13598772.

I had Discount Tire mount it on for $10. No programming or anything like that. I then took it home and "re-learned" it by taking air out of each tire.
This worked fine for about a day. I drove it the following day and the same "TPMS Service" message came on indicating
the TPMS went out again.

At this point, I went and ordered a TPMS reset tool:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XVR85N7/

This only worked for a few hours. I'm at my wits end!
Is there anything else I could do? I was told a couple things by some people:
- TPMS sensor is bad
- Car battery is dying and not registering the new TPMS. My car battery is pretty old...
- TPMS needs programming

It was my understanding that 2011 Camaros did not need to have the TPMS programmed?

Thanks in advance Camaro fam!
CamaroGuySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #2
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
OK, I will give it a try.

Now that you have the tool, make sure you follow all the steps for the relearn procedure. You have to do all 4 wheels in the right order, and you will get a double beep at the end to confirm that you're done.

Another possibility: all the sensors were too old. These have batteries and 10 years is at the upper limit of their life. So you may need to replace all 4 of them. I would't cheap out on this. Go to a tire store, buy fresh sensors from them and have them do the programming. Now they are responsible. Who knows how old the sensors were that you bought on Amazon? Were they too inexpensive to be true?

Also, how did you get a sensor installed for 10 bucks? The tire has to come off and then get rebalanced. Who does that for 10 bucks?
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote