Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #71
thejudgemeister
Thejudgemeister

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS Summit White
Wanna be pace car driver.

It makes me want to put the stripes and decals on my car and see if I could get into the track. That would be quite the drive from NC though.
Attached Images

Last edited by thejudgemeister; 04-23-2012 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Try to add pics.
thejudgemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #72
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudgemeister View Post
It makes me want to put the stripes and decals on my car and see if I could get into the track. That would be quite the drive from NC though.
Or you could just pay ten bucks to get in But I see what you're saying. I had a truck once that was covered in the track sponsors. They let me in
Old 04-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #73
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
Other than the big Chevy logo on the hood, those cars look awesome with the Jetstream Blue or ABM type Pace car stripes.
exactly this.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #74
GrahamHill

Drives: 97 Z28 M6, black!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Or you could just pay ten bucks to get in But I see what you're saying. I had a truck once that was covered in the track sponsors. They let me in
We delivered a new engine once at a round track race and just pointed at the engine in the back when we got to the gate. They waved us right in. I guess they assumed it was for that nights race? Although that does happen!
GrahamHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #75
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
it will definitely be a Camaro or a Corvette and looks like it likely will be unveiled opening day.
Thank goodness.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #76
FurySS
Furious Shine

Drives: None
Quote:
Actually, from what I'm reading in this thread. They go for a little less than MSRP because they would actually be used/demo cars.
Exactly - the window stickers were in the glove boxes and they had no additional amount for the Festival Car graphics package. Unlike the Z4Z option which is on the sticker from the factory adding $7100 or more..

Of course the dealer can put their own sticker in the window adding whatever they want.
FurySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #77
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Pretty sure the Pace Car was already announced as a Toyota Camry.. I was hoping for a ZL1

GREAT THREAD and AWESOME PICs BTW...
The Nascar Daytona 500 pace car was a stupid Camry. Pathetic move by the sellout Brian France...aka, Idiot.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #78
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
Awesome pics...

Now take the blue color from the stripes and paint the whole car with it... that's the blue I would love to see on a zl1 vert and would probably trade in for.
Absolutely! I have been asking for this type of blue since day one...alas, GM doesn't listen. Apparently, GM "can't sell blue Camaros". (right, Mr. Settlemire?) Maybe they could, if they actually offered it. But, what do I know? I'm just a loyal Chevy guy since I was a little kid. I must be an idiot, those making the decisions at GM are the geniuses, apparently.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #79
Inferno SH

Drives: 2011 Inferno Convertible Camaro SS
Nice colors

Like the blue stripes but the gold chevy logo on the hood has got to go.
Also would have preferred a darker blue for the 500 logo on the side .
Inferno SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #80
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Absolutely! I have been asking for this type of blue since day one...alas, GM doesn't listen. Apparently, GM "can't sell blue Camaros". (right, Mr. Settlemire?) Maybe they could, if they actually offered it. But, what do I know? I'm just a loyal Chevy guy since I was a little kid. I must be an idiot, those making the decisions at GM are the geniuses, apparently.
Body shops all over the country can paint that color. But on GM's side they need to sell as many camaros as they can to justify it's existence. That means offering it in colors they know they can sell. To be honest, ABM was beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous color on the camaro. Does that mean I would buy one, no. I would still want red or black.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #81
CJ1034

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM Manual
Way cool

Might be worth something in 30 years or so!
CJ1034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #82
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I like the color scheme if not for the giant gold bowtie on the hood lol
Agreed! I don't even like the gold bowtie on the grill or the rear trunk lid. That's why I had to replace mine with the black bowtie!
2SS/RS Black with CGM Rally Stripes (#8575) Built on 8th of May, Delivered 10 June 2009.

camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #83
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Quote:
Body shops all over the country can paint that color. But on GM's side they need to sell as many camaros as they can to justify it's existence. That means offering it in colors they know they can sell. To be honest, ABM was beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous color on the camaro. Does that mean I would buy one, no. I would still want red or black.
Yep, you are right, a bodyshop can paint it. I OWN A BODYSHOP. Why would I want to completely disassemble my brand new Camaro to paint it? That is ridiculous. Also, as far as I am concerned, Synergy Green Metallic was not a run-of -the mill type color. Very limited amount of buyers for that wild color, but GM made it happen. I applauded GM for offering it, even at extra cost. Why not try that option with a LeMans or Mulsanne Blue??? Aqua Blue looked fine as long as the sun shined on it...otherwise it was a drab, dull, blue-green...not that great looking...just an off the shelf color from the HHR and Colorado lines.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM   #84
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Yep, you are right, a bodyshop can paint it. I OWN A BODYSHOP. Why would I want to completely disassemble my brand new Camaro to paint it? That is ridiculous. Also, as far as I am concerned, Synergy Green Metallic was not a run-of -the mill type color. Very limited amount of buyers for that wild color, but GM made it happen. I applauded GM for offering it, even at extra cost. Why not try that option with a LeMans or Mulsanne Blue??? Aqua Blue looked fine as long as the sun shined on it...otherwise it was a drab, dull, blue-green...not that great looking...just an off the shelf color from the HHR and Colorado lines.
Must not want it bad enough then. Calm down. Sorry I commented on the matter. Geeze.