Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-02-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
Post Would you buy this?

I have the option of buying a "new" 2016 2SS. "New" meaning it has almost 2k miles on it. They are offering it for around 11k off of MSRP which is a huge savings... but 2k miles, you know that people that took this car out ran the engine hard...

Thoughts?

-VABarn
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Its used, but has a warranty..... these new engines are very durable.
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #3
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Nope... Not worth it to me. But to each their own. Some people wouldn't care. I bet you'll get compelling arguments on both sides, for and against. You just have to decide what you are ok with. You already know it has probably had some hard miles. How long do you plan to own it? What do you plan to use the car for? How picky are you about how your car is treated? All things to consider in your choice.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:14 AM   #4
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
I personally wouldn't, I passed one such offer recently.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:19 AM   #5
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
So it's never been purchased but has 2000 dealer miles?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:20 AM   #6
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
DON'T DO IT
Old 11-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
camaromatt.s

For 11k off of MSRP I wouldn't. You could buy leftover 2016's brand new for 12k off MSRP last month. I'm not sure if those deals are still around, but still worth bringing up/using in negotiating a better price. I think it'd be worth it if you can get it down to 14-15k off of new MSRP.
camaromatt.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #8
gw6211

lol, some of you guys are hilarious.

it still has a full warranty, big deal. However, if you can get they same deal on one that doesnt have the mile then i wouldnt do it. Take advantage of it and get a good deal.
gw6211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #9
camaromatt.s

Also, make sure it wasn't a press car or anything.
camaromatt.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #10
ELS1

Drives: N/A
Well, at least it will be broken in before you buy it.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #11
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I would stay away from it, unless they let u see the info in PCM, should have all the info there. Then u could decide if it was driven hard.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Me? I wouldn't because you can find these cars for that much off MSRP with next to no miles. Maybe not in your area, but I would fly across country and drive the car back rather than take the deal on that car. There's probably nothing wrong with it, but I would like peace of mind.

Here's where I'm coming, my first Camaro was a 2011 2LT. I bought it with 12,500 miles on the odometer, only a year old. It had one owner. However unbeknownst to me that was a rental company. Now you could imagine that a rental Camaro probably wasn't treated the best. However I probably took it to its limits on more occasions than everyone combined.

Powertrain wise, not a single issue. I had the car for about 4 years and put about 38,000 miles on it. It was a great car, but had some cosmetic issues. The bottom of the front bumper was curbed to hell, the rear bumper was resprayed (also had some flaking paint above the license plate), there was a small cigarette burn next to the passenger seat in that tiny gap adjacent to the door, the ignition plastic was scratched to hell, there was some soda stains in the carpet, the little plastic piece that runs alongside the center console had a broken tab that I had to mend with a zip tie.

For the price and miles, it's not a huge deal considering there's actual new cars with 20% off the MSRP. I would locate one at another dealership and either have it shipped in or drive/fly out to go get it. To me to save 20% off would be worth the travel anywhere to get that deal. That car with 2,000 miles on the odometer isn't such a great deal next to a brand new Camaro with nothing on the odometer for the same or less. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #13
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Local dealer had one SS to use for test drives. I know how I drove it and I know how the salesman drove it. Probably the same way everyone drove it. Definitely WOULD NOT buy it.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I live in Virginia and this car is in Ohio, so yes, it would be a trip out... 8 hr one way drive. I was all gun-ho about it before I learned it had that many miles. It was a bad assumption on my part, but based off the photo's on their website, it only had 5 miles on it. They didn't elaborate on how the miles got put on it... I get that it has a warranty, but I am planning on keeping it for the long haul and knowing my luck... well... I am bummed.
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote