Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
disregard...found the solution...and I forgot, I didn't like it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Holy hell, batman! Can anyone guess what I'm doing tonight!?! lol

And believe it or not, all these years have gone by and this time I come back to try to figure out a better solution than what I did before...leave the C pillar uppers (around the seat belts in place). I just bent upwards in the middle of the old Camaro's deck lid but that cracked my rear deck lid just in the middle front directly below the very top of where the seat touches the back lid...couldn't see it...but I don't want that happening again. I have all the parts out right now, but the rear deck and c pillar uppers. Damnit, I don't want to take those out but looks like I'm going to do it now. SHIT.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:18 PM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok....well, wasn't as hard as I thought at all. I did a little video as well on how to get this done...very quick, very basic, just a run through, but hopefully it'll help someone else as no one has posted one yet. I'll get that up later.

On a side note, I pulled out the rear deck lid for the sole purpose of tightening down the screws that hold my aftermarket speakers in place. I heard a rattle in the back right along with a very faint farting noise (you know what that means).

I get the rear deck lid off and not only are the speakers loose, but the rear right Hertz 6x9 is blown. Well, ****. Glad I pulled it all apart. Now I get to go buy new speakers tomorrow morning and install them. Oh....joy.... At least I know I'll have a brand new pair of speakers back there that haven't been damaged by years of being in the hot sun and burning interior of the car. So, good.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #18
Spades33

Drives: 2011 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ok....well, wasn't as hard as I thought at all. I did a little video as well on how to get this done...very quick, very basic, just a run through, but hopefully it'll help someone else as no one has posted one yet. I'll get that up later.
)
Look forward to the vid! Need to pull it apart to replace the HIGH MOUNT LAMP [3rd brake light].
Spades33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #19
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Yea those were a bitch putting back in. Not much room to work with the tabs
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #20
BOOSTT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS "Hot Wheels"
My local shop quoted 49 bucks to replace with my new Kickers and I have the adapters. That sounds less painful. haha. I replaced everything else myself already, but those rear speakers look like back pain waiting to happen. I love the pioneer 8200NEX. That is amazing. added 3 amps, infinity kappas and new tweets with 2 12's and I love it. Those rear deck speakers are worthless. The system sounds 100% better and they are barely powered on so I don't really hear them and muddy up my tunes. Can't wait to hear it with those replaced. The front tweets are horrendous! Best upgrade is possibly just those tweets with a crossover. I used Infinity REF-275tx tweets. I love those!!!!! 3 Ohms too, so wont blow the factory amp if you want to keep that. The plastic in these cars is so dang soft. you could destroy the interior with your fingernails scraping that cheap plastic. Have to take it slow.
BOOSTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:49 AM   #21
Liltroy

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Liltroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:20 PM   #22
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltroy View Post
Thanks for the video, getting ready to give this a go shortly.