Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #57
70nova383

Drives: 70 Nova SS
Don't get me wrong I love the Camaro, but it has some weaknesses.

#1 Please make it lighter and handle better.
#2 Upgrade the quality of the interior. Every time I sit in one I am amazed at the low quality materials. The dash should be the soft touch materials and something needs to be in that open area on the passenger side. And for god sake do something about those molded plastic sunvisors.
#3 Improve the visibility. Merging into traffic is treacherous because there is a huge blind spot.
#4 Offer a track pack with different gearing and upgraded suspension.
#5 Where is the Z-28? The GT-500 has no competition (besides a vette), that is a market share GM could grab.
#6 Don't compete with Ford, make Ford compete with GM, make the most badass car on the road and sell it in massive quantities.

The Camaro has sold well, but with the 2011 Mustang I believe the Camaro will be outsold, especially in the first month. In the 2010 model year the Camaro outsold the mustang because of superior power and styling, but lagged behind in handling and interior quality. Next year the mustang will have just as much horsepower as the Camaro along with a 6-speed and improved handling for the same price. The honeymoon is over, start thinking outside of the box and beat them to the punch and destroy the Mustang along with the American people's interest in Ford. If I have sounded offensive im sorry, I just want to see the Camaro excell to a new level sports car.
70nova383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #58
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Love the Camaro, will never sell it. Only suggestion is add illumination to the garage door buttons.

Thanks
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #59
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
PS...my wife said, "Don't forget the lighted makeup mirrors in the visor."
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #60
FASST 1

Drives: Black 1SS
If this has not already been mentioned, there needs to be a way to raise the passenger's seat. I get complaints from everyone riding in the passanger seat that they can't see out of the car, that they set too low. Also, this has been said before but it needs a navagation option and better interior materials.
FASST 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #61
Not_A_Sonoma

Drives: 1998 GMC Sonoma and 2010 2SS/RS
Basically aim at the 2011 Mustang and beat it (again). A couple suggestions:

1. Lose some weight
2. 3.73 gears as a factory option
3. Shorty headers stock
4. "Track Pack" option to correct the reported understeer
Not_A_Sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #62
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
First off...LOVE does not even begin to describe the feeling I have for my Camaro! Maybe include a free bottle of Ibuprofen to ease the muscle tension in my face from the Permagrin!

I think I can only echo the sentiment here about trying to shave some weight. The engine is damn near perfect. Maybe a little increase in torque if doesn't require a complete overhaul.

Definitely a memory setting for the seats and mirrors, because after my wife drives it I can never seem to find that perfect spot I had the seats and mirrors in!

The interior lighting can be improved.

Cabin noise can be reduced.

And the paint is too thin I agree...my hood seems to take all the abuse and I have several chips already!

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #63
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Thanks to all reading our wants for future possibilities.......
Needed Changes -
* Power front seats (my son can not see over the hood)
* Front and REAR floor mats (had to buy a set - light grey floor mats in front - like they would stay cleaned....
* ABL across entire dash
UPGRADES...
1. Exhaust - I should hear all the horses I paid for. Take the resonater out and get rid of the tank mufflers off the back.
2. CAI - Should be an option from factory with SS models
3. Turbocharger - same as above, should be an option with warranty
4. HUD - Cannot see retro gauges behind steering wheel anyways so HUD would be nice.
5. Mail box slots should be functional or offer a functional hood scoop.

DON'T CHANGE THE BODY PLEASE !!!!!! It's not broke and don't need fixin..lol

I love my 5th Gen. Best car I have ever owned. An incentive for loyalty would be nice, be it for the Z28 of even a V6 for a son or daughter. Thanks for looking to your custumers for advice, little fixes for future owners helps keep the CAMARO #1.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:18 PM   #64
BAD LS1
GM through and through

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
has anyone noticed on page 137 of "CAMARO The legend reborn" the interior shot at the top of the page has a HUD image on the windshield in the pic?

IMHO, Everyone needs to keep in mind that your suggestions should appeal all potential consumers, not just ones that solve your pet pieve. Things like a factory Hurst shifter are a good idea. however things like lighted homelink controls might not be such a big deal.
#32825 D.O.B. 8-6-09
2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD - Red Jewel Tintcoat
BAD LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #65
smartalec

Drives: Soon to be a 2010 Camaro
interior lighting across the dash
hud
nav system
colored accents in the interior to make it look a little less dull (door panels, dash, seats), at least as an option
stripes that run past the hood (like bumblebee stripes)
better exhaust noise and tips
smartalec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #66
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
I also do not currently own a 5th gen but have rented both a 1LT and a 2SS for a week each. So based off the limited wheel time my recommendations would be:

1) Better interior lighting
2) Fully adjustable passenger seat and seat memory for those of us that would occasionally be required to share (you know that spouse thingy)
3) Improve the DIC to be a bit more user-friendly (meaning you don't need to read a huge manual to figure at least the basics). Nav w/screen
4) Definitely climate control. During my rental periods I did notice I was constantly having to fidget with the temp to be comfortable.
5) Driver/Passenger Seat Belts. This is probably my biggest request. I would like to see the seat belts configured like the ones in the convertible concept for both the coupe and convertible models. Having the shoulder strap move forward with the seat greatly increase accessibility to the rear seats for both passengers and cargo. Several other manufacturers have similarly seat mounted belts.

Regardless of all the items on my wishlist, I've never been so excited about a vehicle. Waiting for the convertible (and final production details) has been excruciating.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #67
Z06Shame

Drives: 2002 Z06
Losing weight would be the #1 priority in my mind. But, expect the price to rise because of it. Better visors is another sore point. No fake stuff, like the mail slot. Honestly though, for the price or not, this is one amazing car. I am loving every minute of driving my manual SS.
Z06Shame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:25 PM   #68
jackka

Drives: 2011 Black/Black 2LT/RS M6 w/Sroof
Well, here are my thoughts

Short Term:

1. Matte black exterior color option

2. ABL across the dash

3. Less gross weight and/or better fuel economy

4. Integrated Navigation system

Long Term:

Someone else has mentioned this here, but if the Camaro had the option of an extremely fuel-efficient powertrain(something like the Volt), that car would be the only one I would ever want and I would practically keep buying it for the rest of my life.

I believe the exterior design of the fifth gen. Camaro is so overwhelmingly powerful that it has a massive appeal for even the consumers who don't care for performance and would rather pay for efficiency than horsepower. It is pulling in consumers of all categories to the pony car sector as it is and I would think that it has a viable potential for a much broader development and application.
jackka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #69
purplhaizcraz3

Drives: 2010 2LT CHEVY CAMARO BABY!!!!
First off, I wanna say I love my Camaro!!! This is my firsst GM product and I've been converted! My entire family swears by freakin Toyota and Honda. Even after all this recall crap, my dad still says "my toyotas just fine. Best, most reliable car in the world" Either way, like I said, I love my 2LT, but 2 things I'd really like to see are a power passenger seat and some bigger sun visors. Those things are just 100% useless IMO. Besides that, fantastic car, and THANK YOU GM!!!
purplhaizcraz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #70
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
make the passenger seat adjustable(like driver's side). Spare tire for the V8s?
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote