Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #29
Berean

Drives: Truck
I get annoyed when people think a GM dealership is not GM. Of course it is. I understand it's a franchise, but so are many large businesses.

For all you people claiming the dealership "isn't GM", next time you have a problem at McDonald's, be sure you make it clear that your problem is with the local franchise, which "isn't McDonalds".

The it's-not-GM attitude is nothing more than a convenient way to avoid helping customers by creating a situation where the corporate office and the franchise can point fingers at one another and avoid taking responsibility for problems.

I've been there, and the bottom line is that corporate GM is useless in helping resolve problems with a local dealer. They take advantage of the finger pointing to the fullest extent possible. No other franchised corporation gets away with this, let alone has a legion of customers actually defending this unethical behavior.

I truly don't get why any GM customer would defend this.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #30
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Well I got with a Different Dealer, and the parts came with the car. Yes it was installed at the dealer, but from what I understand, a company (part of GM) came down and installed it on the car. So as far as I'm concerned GM did install this. WE DID NOT HAVE THIS PUT ON THIS CAR IT CAME THIS WAY. So GM needs to fix this.
GM didn't send anyone to do anything on your car...the dealer just wants to shirk their poor install job. If it was a GM subcontract, it would have been done BEFORE the care was delivered to the dealer. The stripes on the Camaro 5th gen were done this way originally, the stripes on my GT1 vette were done this way. GM doesn't have installers travelling the country. This isn't GM's fault...your dealer needs to fix this.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #31
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
GM didn't send anyone to do anything on your car...the dealer just wants to shirk their poor install job. If it was a GM subcontract, it would have been done BEFORE the care was delivered to the dealer. The stripes on the Camaro 5th gen were done this way originally, the stripes on my GT1 vette were done this way. GM doesn't have installers travelling the country. This isn't GM's fault...your dealer needs to fix this.

Talked to the Dealer couple months back, they said the office sent a team from Atlanta down to Albany to install this kit. When I went back they said the Manager from Atlanta said that there was nothing wrong with the Air Damn. So I've been putting the 3M tape on the front for the last 6 Months. The last time just a week ago, and one side has already come loose. Look I hate to name names, but is this the best GM can do?
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #32
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
no problem here. You said it looked bad, and I agree'd with you.

Ok, just misunderstood you.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #33
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
that would bug the hell out of be
And you be who?
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
PB3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS/GFX/M6
I have the same problem. It looks like the 3M tape has lost it hold on mine as well. Hopefully the dealer take care of it.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #35
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Talked to the Dealer couple months back, they said the office sent a team from Atlanta down to Albany to install this kit. When I went back they said the Manager from Atlanta said that there was nothing wrong with the Air Damn. So I've been putting the 3M tape on the front for the last 6 Months. The last time just a week ago, and one side has already come loose. Look I hate to name names, but is this the best GM can do?
I would walk back in and speak the manager and insist on the name of the folks from Atlanta that put this on then. My guess is you get quite a bit of backpeddling and "gee, we can't find that information" versus a real answer. My guess is that they sublet to some "guy off the street" and don't want to own up to it being their issue.

If you take it to another dealer you'll need some documentation that it was installed prior to delivery more than likely anyways, so I'd ask.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #36
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
I installed my own and there should be riveted snaps there that keeps that from happening. There should be no reason other than them not putting the parts on for this to happen considering the gap you have. I attached the pattern for the holes and the piece if it helps to resolve this.
Attachment 212223

Attachment 212224

Attachment 212225
This clearly indicates that the OP's GFX were not installed correctly. Thanks wrbear for providing correctly installed pics for comparison.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #37
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
I would walk back in and speak the manager and insist on the name of the folks from Atlanta that put this on then. My guess is you get quite a bit of backpeddling and "gee, we can't find that information" versus a real answer. My guess is that they sublet to some "guy off the street" and don't want to own up to it being their issue.

If you take it to another dealer you'll need some documentation that it was installed prior to delivery more than likely anyways, so I'd ask.

Yea, I went to the dealer in another town, and they looked up the info.
Here's what they told me, The GXF was ordered with the car (they do not come installed) and was installed at the dealership while the car was being serviced, that being the case they would be glad to fix the problem. It goes back to warrenty work, that it was installed either wrong or the part is defective. Either way looks like I'm getting my front spilter fixed. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #38
FalcamRS7

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2lt RS ..B/B
looks like a tough job .. but it looks really good tho what kind is that body kit
FalcamRS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #39
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Don't bother with GM customer service.........they won't help you.
They kicked ass when I called them due to a radio display problem, new display, no (more) problem. Thanks GM.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #40
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Call the 800 number... Chevy always helped us when the dealers wouldn't......
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #41
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Yea, I went to the dealer in another town, and they looked up the info.
Here's what they told me, The GXF was ordered with the car (they do not come installed) and was installed at the dealership while the car was being serviced, that being the case they would be glad to fix the problem. It goes back to warrenty work, that it was installed either wrong or the part is defective. Either way looks like I'm getting my front spilter fixed. I will let you know how it goes.
Do you want to find our if it's installed right or not? You completely passed on an important piece of information. The pics I posted. If you look at the clips, the piece on your car shouldn't be protruding as much as it is. You have a V6 I have an SS. Now it might be a different install but you might want to say it is. You are otherwise playing the thread for no apparent reason except for sympathy. Jeeeeez....
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #42
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbear View Post
Do you want to find our if it's installed right or not? Yes. You completely passed on an important piece of information. The pics I posted. No I did not I passed this on to the dealer after work. If you look at the clips, the piece on your car shouldn't be protruding as much as it is. You have a V6 I have an SS. Now it might be a different install but you might want to say it is. You are otherwise playing the thread for no apparent reason except for sympathy. Jeeeeez....

I looked at the pic's and there is no clips. The Dealer is checking on it. I will let you know what I find out.