Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
stephjuv0602
 
stephjuv0602's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2lt rs, rally yellow
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: fl
Posts: 19
ADAMS FOAM GUN

just wanted to let everyone that i used Adam's foam gun for the first time today and lemme tell u it made washing my baby a breeze, usually have to sit there and go over and over the grime that gets on the areas behind the tires, not with the foam gun lifted that stuff right off, never been easier= NEVER BEEN HAPPIER!
stephjuv0602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
xBlackout_Camaro
 
xBlackout_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 502
Where did you buy yours? i really want one!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
nalinc23
 
nalinc23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 258
I want one but I dont like how you have to buy the "package" with the other stuff since I already own it.
__________________
'10 2SS/RS 6MT, Silver Ice Metallic/Black, CAI Inc Intake, Magnaflow 3'' Catback Exhaust 16483, Llumar 35% Tint, Headlight Armor 20% for Fog/Side/Tail Light Lenses

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
xBlackout_Camaro
 
xBlackout_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 502
http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-528-a...aming-gun.aspx
^^there it is alone but 60$ for a foam gun?!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
I bought this one http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1 before Adam's came out. It's the same thing (except I think this one is made in China) at half the price. I know it is made in China, but it works for me. I'm a 17 year old kid. I don't have the money to buy American made stuff all the time no matter how much I'd rather have American over foreign. It does the exact same thing as far as I know, and I got this foam gun about 2 months before Adam's brought theirs out so please don't criticize me because it's not American. And by the way, Griot's is still an American company. They produce a lot of their stuff here in Indiana.

Last edited by Iomcamaro; 09-22-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #6
xBlackout_Camaro
 
xBlackout_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I bought this one http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1 before Adam's came out. It's the same thing (except I think this one is made in China) at half the price. I know it is made in China, but it works for me. I'm a 17 year old kid. I don't have the money to buy American made stuff all the time no matter how much I'd rather have American over foreign. It does the exact same thing as far as I know, and I got this foam gun about 2 months before Adam's brought theirs out so please don't criticize me because it's not American. And by the way, Griot's is still an American company. They produce a lot of their stuff here in Indiana.
I'm right with you on everything you said, i'm 17 too and 60 is just too high for me
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Yep. I bought the one in that link for $30 and it works wonders. It has all the same attachments as the one from Adam's, so I'm happy with it. It is the cheapest one that I found that actually works, and when I say it works, it works good lol. I didn't have to pay shipping though. There is a Griot's dealership close to me.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
xBlackout_Camaro
 
xBlackout_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Yep. I bought the one in that link for $30 and it works wonders. It has all the same attachments as the one from Adam's, so I'm happy with it. It is the cheapest one that I found that actually works, and when I say it works, it works good lol. I didn't have to pay shipping though. There is a Griot's dealership close to me.
can you use any soap in it?
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #9
Toasty
Custom User Title :D
 
Toasty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Posts: 2,345
... did anyone notice that the type and shape of the gun and reservoir is exactly the same between the one listed @ Adam's and the one listed at Griot's, outside of the logo on the reservoir? .... I see no proof that the one from Griot's is made in China....
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
can you use any soap in it?
Yes you can use any car soap in it. I would not suggest using dawn or any dish detergent in it though
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #11
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur
 
2LTRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lakewood, ca
Posts: 1,131
The new adam's gun is awesome! Adam's being a small company devoted to American made products makes very little money on the sale of the foam gun by itself because the gun is made in the US the overhead is much higher than the chinese model.

I will say that after using the Adam's gun, my old pinnacle gun has been demoted to dawn washes only.
__________________
2LTRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #12
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends
 
Iomcamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NKY
Posts: 1,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
... did anyone notice that the type and shape of the gun and reservoir is exactly the same between the one listed @ Adam's and the one listed at Griot's, outside of the logo on the reservoir? .... I see no proof that the one from Griot's is made in China....
Yes, I'm just going by what I have heard.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #13
JJ2010

 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Smithfield,NC
Posts: 1,203
That is sweet.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
xBlackout_Camaro
 
xBlackout_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 502
ordering it right now, thanks guys
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
foam gun procedure? rd-camaro Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 52 10-29-2010 02:41 AM
Detail Addict Foam Gun Special DetailAddict Wash/Wax/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts 35 10-06-2010 07:35 PM
Adams Foam gun and large wash mitt FirstCamaro2k10 Wash/Wash/Detailing and Cosmetic Maintenance Parts 6 07-07-2010 08:52 AM
Foam gun ?.........Junkman Chad's ZL1 Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 7 05-21-2010 06:20 AM
Foam Gun Questions Onereign Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection 2 01-14-2010 04:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.