Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
Some compressors are more efficient than others. Sometimes the difference is huge. PD blowers have some serious problems with 'super heating' the air. This is when the heated compressed air slips backwards to the compressor stage and it compressed again and the heat is multiplied. The high IAT data on KB's has been out and common knowledge for years. They are clearly not as efficient as others.
Are you talking about the recirculated air that goes around through the bypass?
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #16
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115

Here we go again...
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #17
Dlsbobby

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Thank you all for the information. All very interesting.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #18
Dlsbobby

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss M6
Found this from Kenne Bell. Interesting. Don't know how old it is though.
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/C...nd_Analyze.pdf

P.S. Not trying to start anything.
Dlsbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 09:08 PM   #19
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

Here we go again...
The only beating of dead horses here is you and a few others that like to come and lampoon every Kenne Bell thread. Some of us are trying to get some answers and learn things.

I really don't understand why a few of you guys need to come onto every Kenne Bell thread and try to shame it, clog it up with your negative BS, and just generally ruin the thread. Some of us want to talk about the Kenne Bell charger in detail and ask some questions. Why does that bother you?

Last edited by cc-rider; 04-06-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:12 PM   #20
cc-rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlsbobby View Post
Found this from Kenne Bell. Interesting. Don't know how old it is though.
http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/C...nd_Analyze.pdf

P.S. Not trying to start anything.
Your not starting anything. Keep posting and asking questions. It's the only way you (and me, and others) will learn. You're just getting a good dose of the KB hate I mentioned...

Keep pushing and asking and challenging things that don't make sense. For both KB and all mods you plan for your car. Lots of BS and misinformation intermingled here with some fantastic info.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:46 PM   #21
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Mr. cc-rider, what are you IAT's at cruise in relation to ambient. Also, how high do they go up in relation to ambient when you're under boost? At what boost level? Thanks.
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #22
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc-rider View Post
Are you talking about the recirculated air that goes around through the bypass?
Maybe a little bit leaks there too at WOT but the larger problem is at the rotors themselves.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:14 AM   #23
HEAVYCHEVY10
TEAM NIGHTFURY

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Reading all this makes me second guess a KB. That's what I was looking at going with and I always see negative things about them..I guess I will have to start all over again with the search for the right set up lol
Old 04-07-2015, 04:02 AM   #24
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAVYCHEVY10 View Post
Reading all this makes me second guess a KB. That's what I was looking at going with and I always see negative things about them..I guess I will have to start all over again with the search for the right set up lol
You saw my system. Supposedly, it's a one-off custom from a shop that works closely with KB back in the day. You saw it that night, but I can show you the pieces that didn't fit or work right. The Mammoth intake blocks the low side AC fitting that Mike(KB) says it's not a problem. How do I get access to that fitting WITHOUT pulling the blower?

On a dyno, it makes power. I don't have issues with that claim. It does look purty. Arrogance and the responses I got when I had issues with my kit is another thing. I appreciate a more accessible engine bay, but the rear intake is bulky and gets in the way. I like the front drive with no jack shaft or cog for simplicity. That's a plus. It's somewhat quiet for gear whine from the rear, but can slightly hear the whine from the front, if you focus out the ARH +110 db exhaust on heavy throttle passes.

In the end, 80/20 rule. Everyone will have their preferences and that is why positive and negative feedback reveals some level of "truths" in all comments. If you buy brand X and like it, good for you. If you buy it and don't like it, you learn the hard way. I deal with the issues and live with it. I've spent more money improving the system because I wasn't satisfied with the "turn key" kit. Had I known the issues before hand, I would've chosen my initial bundle differently or gone a different route. That's the reason for asking goals and expectations.

I've learned there's no perfect blower, but I do like the new Mag heartbeat design, it makes enough power for me. Front driven, front intake, improved intercooler. Meh, for looks, but then again, I don't drive with my hood open.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:54 AM   #25
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Mr. cc-rider, what are you IAT's at cruise in relation to ambient. Also, how high do they go up in relation to ambient when you're under boost? At what boost level? Thanks.
its not installed yet I don't think
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #26
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I almost went with KB kit until I seen all the negative responses and talked to a few people in person with the blower. It's a nice looking set up but right now I would say it's at the bottom of the list for FI on our cars and I'm not a hater on KB just going with what's been said and proven.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 AM   #27
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Quote:

I know that some of the IAT data you'll find here searching about the Whipple vs KB is misleading. The Whipple used to take their IAT2 readings before the supercharger. Do they still do that? That just seems dumb and dangerous to me...but sure enough will result in a good IAT2 reading.
Whipple has had the IAT at the back of the plenum since 2011.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #28
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
The only beating of dead horses here is you and a few others that like to come and lampoon every Kenne Bell thread. Some of us are trying to get some answers and learn things.

I really don't understand why a few of you guys need to come onto every Kenne Bell thread and try to shame it, clog it up with your negative BS, and just generally ruin the thread. Some of us want to talk about the Kenne Bell charger in detail and ask some questions. Why does that bother you?
We lampoon these threads to save you guys time and money. All the issues have been discussed in previous threads and many of us have moved on to different setups so you won't get many more answers than what was said. There aren't many KB owners here anymore. We few guys made the mistake of giving KB our money only to find out that we needed to drop more money into improving the kit to actually be somewhat useful. Than we were told our tuners didn't know what they were doing. BS. Just trying to pass on info so you don't spend a small fortune and than wonder why you get walked on by another car with different cheaper blower setup. Us few guys have run the KB both on the street and track and have switched for reasons already stated. It's your money, buy what you like.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote