Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 09-14-2016, 01:10 AM   #211
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Mustang fanboys keep crying about the Camaro. You know why?
Because GMs second best is as good as Fords Best! That is why.

GM still has the Vette. Ford has nothing that even comes close.

So lets go whiney Mustang crowd, bring your best, that GT350R and we will bring a lowly GS. Then see who walks the walk.

Oh wait, nevermind, we already know it will wipe the Track with it.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #212
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Reading between the lines here, you are saying that a heavier car with more power is easier to drive.

That is debatable, but usually not true.

MORE power is easier to deal with on a handling course than less?

"Throttle modulation" is a big deal with power cars. One in which typically causes people that drive powerful cars to drive SLOWER because they are either afraid of the car's limits or spin the tires excessively.
My apology, I was referring to the 1le v6 that was easier to drive.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:25 AM   #213
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Mustang fanboys keep crying about the Camaro. You know why?
Because GMs second best is as good as Fords Best! That is why.

GM still has the Vette. Ford has nothing that even comes close.

So lets go whiney Mustang crowd, bring your best, that GT350R and we will bring a lowly GS. Then see who walks the walk.

Oh wait, nevermind, we already know it will wipe the Track with it.

My big brother will beat up your big brother.

Kind of a silly argument.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:28 AM   #214
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Pill (Uhmm, I mean Mustang Fanboy), the resurface in 2016 took place after the LL...Sorry!
LOL!

Nice try...but not me.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:34 AM   #215
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Actually they do. The videos posted provide the names of the drivers and what position they hold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who drove them last year? The year before? Do you see my point? These aren't pro drivers.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:25 AM   #216
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
Who drove them last year? The year before? Do you see my point? These aren't pro drivers.
You keep wishing for a pro driver, and you will get it when MT releases their Laguna Seca times with Pobst driving all the cars very soon...

And lets just say it's an even better showing for the SS 1LE. As some cars here that it is just behind, it is ahead of...including some heavy hitters.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:45 AM   #217
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
You keep wishing for a pro driver, and you will get it when MT releases their Laguna Seca times with Pobst driving all the cars very soon...

And lets just say it's an even better showing for the SS 1LE. As some cars here that it is just behind, it is ahead of...including some heavy hitters.
That's awesome. I really don't care which one turns out quicker...I just want a level playing field between both vehicles. Hell, I'd prefer them to strap on the same tires in order to really determine which one is the better performer, use the same amount of fuel and make sure they are run within a reasonable time-frame of one another (don't run one in cool morning air and the other in hot afternoon).

Good data is all I ask for.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #218
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
That's awesome. I really don't care which one turns out quicker...I just want a level playing field between both vehicles. Hell, I'd prefer them to strap on the same tires in order to really determine which one is the better performer, use the same amount of fuel and make sure they are run within a reasonable time-frame of one another (don't run one in cool morning air and the other in hot afternoon).

Please stop with the excuses, you are beginning to sound like thePILL. Face the facts the GT350 and GT350TP were just slapped by the lowly Camaro SS 1LE, the GT350R was just smacked by the Vette GS and the Z/28, it will be smacked again soon by the ZL1. The GT has been body slammed by the Scatpack and now the SS, hell the V6 1LE is faster.

Stop the whining about tires, fuel, drivers, time of day, and conditions. Its a good thing Ford has sale numbers to boast about because presently there are no performance measures to be happy about.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:57 AM   #219
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
My apology, I was referring to the 1le v6 that was easier to drive.
Watch both of the in car videos. Looks like the V6 was the toughest to drive. It doesn't have the eLSD and MRC. Even though it doesn't have the power of the V8 it's still plenty powerful enough to spin the wheels in the upper RPM band.
Quote:

Lightning Lap is one of the most highly regarded track comparisons out there these days. You want better data then you need to strap up with your own cash and cars.

All the cars we're basically talking about here were driven by the same driver. That's the biggest variable out there besides rain.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #220
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Please stop with the excuses, you are beginning to sound like thePILL. Face the facts the GT350 and GT350TP were just slapped by the lowly Camaro SS 1LE, the GT350R was just smacked by the Vette GS and the Z/28, it will be smacked again soon by the ZL1. The GT has been body slammed by the Scatpack and now the SS, hell the V6 1LE is faster.

Its a good thing Ford has sale numbers to boast about because there is no performance measures to be happy about.
WTF are you talking about? Asking for good data is an excuse?

I am saying I don't care which one is quicker...I just want good data.

I also didn't see the camaro SS1lE tested against the GT350, only the GT350R...and it the GT350R ran quicker with an amateur driver. How is that being slapped?
Old 09-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #221
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Watch both of the in car videos. Looks like the V6 was the toughest to drive. It doesn't have the eLSD and MRC. Even though it doesn't have the power of the V8 it's still plenty powerful enough to spin the wheels in the upper RPM band.

Lightning Lap is one of the most highly regarded track comparisons out there these days. You want better data then you need to strap up with your own cash and cars.

All the cars we're basically talking about here were driven by the same driver. That's the biggest variable out there besides rain.
Highly regarded by whom?

It's only as good as the comparisons for the vehicles compared on the same day by the same driver. It's pretty common sense that any comparisons beyond that have to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's why I love watching the head to heads. Same driver, same day...hopefully a level playing field with an honest pro driver putting vehicles through their pace.

Don't let my screen name fool you. I like mustangs, but if you read through my previous posts you'll see I'm fairly non-biased in regards to metrics that are measurable. Just make sure those metrics are valid.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #222
bballr4567

Quote:
Highly regarded by whom?

It's only as good as the comparisons for the vehicles compared on the same day by the same driver. It's pretty common sense that any comparisons beyond that have to be taken with a grain of salt.

That's why I love watching the head to heads. Same driver, same day...hopefully a level playing field with an honest pro driver putting vehicles through their pace.

Don't let my screen name fool you. I like mustangs, but if you read through my previous posts you'll see I'm fairly non-biased in regards to metrics that are measurable. Just make sure those metrics are valid.
Did you even look at who drove what car? It was posted by NSCD. That's the end of your argument right there.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:09 AM   #223
bballr4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSD View Post
They did mix up the drivers so its not exactly a level playing field for all the cars, but the cars I'm interested in were mostly driven by Tony Quiroga. The VIR times are still helpful, the videos show who the drivers were.

Tony drove the following cars
V6 1LE
Audi
SS 1LE
Cayman
Gt350r
Grandsport

Josh drove
Focus
M2

KC drove
M4GTS

Aaron drove
NSX
Lexus RCF

So pretty much the same driver, same skill level. (not sure what his skill level is from the videos, any comments??)

Now if we could only get all the cars on the same tires. Most of the faster cars were on $500 dollar a piece cup 2 tires. If the 1LE had cup 2's I think they would have shaved another 1 or 2 seconds off the laps.
Here Mustang Fanboy!!! Pretty much destroys the different driver different day crap.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:11 AM   #224
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Did you even look at who drove what car? It was posted by NSCD. That's the end of your argument right there.
I have no problems with laps posted by the same driver on the same day.

People keep on bringing up comparisons to cars that were tested a year or more apart with God knows who driving...it just has to stop. At that point, it's as good as a guesstimate.