Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Daikokufuto

Drives: 2ss
rx any body order from rev extreme?

So just now finishing my procharger build and I decided that In order to have all my bases covered I need to get a catch can. I over course I search ls3 fi catch can and I come across rev extreme. I call and place my order. Now After talking to a few members and reading a ton of threads about cancelations and month long orders im scared shitless. Has any one had a good experience?
Daikokufuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
Daikokufuto

Any body
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
Daikokufuto

Awe man I had no Idea I hope they wont screw me over
Old 04-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
I had there can. Was garbage. RTV to hold the fittings in (crap). Intake manifold still had pools of oil from their proclaimed "only proper working catchcan". This is only my experience on the can. I owned their V6 SC "kit". Was bogus and never worked properly and nothing fit without modifications. Get your money back man
Old 04-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #6
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikokufuto View Post
Awe man I had no Idea I hope they wont screw me over
Cancel the order, get your money back while you still can.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I had there can. Was garbage. RTV to hold the fittings in (crap). Intake manifold still had pools of oil from their proclaimed "only proper working catchcan". This is only my experience on the can. I owned their V6 SC "kit". Was bogus and never worked properly and nothing fit without modifications. Get your money back man
was also told to jbweld my AN fittings... Honestly not sure if it caught as much oil as it did in my intake manifold.

I would try for a refund op. Good luck
Old 04-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #8
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikokufuto View Post
So just now finishing my procharger build and I decided that In order to have all my bases covered I need to get a catch can. I over course I search ls3 fi catch can and I come across rev extreme. I call and place my order. Now After talking to a few members and reading a ton of threads about cancelations and month long orders im scared shitless. Has any one had a good experience?

I've know Tracy and Rev Extreme for many years, and he's a very stand-up, ethical guy. You won't have any problems with his service or the quality of his products.

In addition, you will be hard pressed to find anyone that is more knowledgeable about proper crankcase ventilation and Catch Cans.

I assumed the tough challenges he faced were all apart of trying to grow his business with a product that was in high demand. Something we all struggle with at times.

You're in good hands
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
My RX can broke after a few thousand miles. Lots of JB weld/etc and it is working but I would never recommend one. There are simply better choices out there.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
Daikokufuto

They have been more prompt in answering my emails then apex speed and phasetek have ever been ive read nothing but go reviews on the can I getting are you sure you guys are talking about the same company? Ill keep every one posted on my order im going to turn this int to a review thread
Old 04-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
I've know Tracy and Rev Extreme for many years, and he's a very stand-up, ethical guy. You won't have any problems with his service or the quality of his products.

In addition, you will be hard pressed to find anyone that is more knowledgeable about proper crankcase ventilation and Catch Cans.

I assumed the tough challenges he faced were all apart of trying to grow his business with a product that was in high demand. Something we all struggle with at times.

You're in good hands
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:11 PM   #12
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
OP: I am a recent customer of RX. I just installed their catch can and separator two weeks ago. Very high quality products, easy to install and you can't beat the no-extra charge GM paint match. Scan through my build thread below for more commentary and pics than you probably care to wade through. Tracy has personally been extremely free with his time and advice. He is a very knowledgable engine builder and catch can designer. Stick with Rx. You'll be happy with the result.

I wasn't here during all the fireworks so I give you an unbiased report on the business landscape TODAY. And in case you think I have some vested interest, I'll be happy to PM you a copy of my $300 invoice.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
camarossdusk
whippled 5th gen

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
Have had good luck with mike norris catch cans
camarossdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #14
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
OP: I am a recent customer of RX. I just installed their catch can and separator two weeks ago. Very high quality products, easy to install and you can't beat the no-extra charge GM paint match. Scan through my build thread below for more commentary and pics than you probably care to wade through. Tracy has personally been extremely free with his time and advice. He is a very knowledgable engine builder and catch can designer. Stick with Rx. You'll be happy with the result.

I wasn't here during all the fireworks so I give you an unbiased report on the business landscape TODAY. And in case you think I have some vested interest, I'll be happy to PM you a copy of my $300 invoice.
Glad you're having good success. Just want to point out that the fireworks you refer to are indeed ongoing, not simply a rough patch of bad luck that happened a few months ago. This company/person has a track record. It's easy to find if you're willing to look.

I truly hope that 6 mos from now, you're still having a good experience. They still owe me 6150.00.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote