Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-05-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Slayer1677

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Buying a PC or Griots & Water Spots

I'm buying a PC or Griots polisher. Probably going to be going through autogeek for it. Does anyone have a promo code/coupon code that may save a few bucks??

Also, I have some horrendous water spots on my glass that I can't get out. Anyone have any tips or tricks to getting these out?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer1677 View Post
I'm buying a PC or Griots polisher. Probably going to be going through autogeek for it. Does anyone have a promo code/coupon code that may save a few bucks??

Also, I have some horrendous water spots on my glass that I can't get out. Anyone have any tips or tricks to getting these out?

Contact todd@autopia. He will hook you up with the polisher.

As for glass you can clean it will a razor blade and class cleaner as lube, then clay bar it. If that doesn't take them off you can always polish the class with your new polisher.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Contact todd@autopia. He will hook you up with the polisher.

As for glass you can clean it will a razor blade and class cleaner as lube, then clay bar it. If that doesn't take them off you can always polish the class with your new polisher.
+1

I had a friend's SLP 4th gen that his T-Tops were in horrible condition. All I did was claybar and then followed it up with my PC and it looked to be 90% perfect. There were still some spots that if I had more time I probably could have removed.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #4
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer1677 View Post
I have some horrendous water spots on my glass that I can't get out. Anyone have any tips or tricks to getting these out?
Bar Keepers Friend, mix a small amount BKF with water. You want it to be between water soup and thick soup, that's best I can describe the mix.

My friend as very hard water and it left his windows on his SS gold in color, after using BKF the windows 100% clean.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Angelo@Autopia

Drives: 2014 Ford Focus ST
Contact Todd@autopia before doing anything. He will put you in the right direction when coming to polishers and products for your ride......Angelo
Angelo@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #6
Good_Times

Drives: red
Put some vinegar and water in a spray bottle 50/50. it will remove wax also so keep that in mind. Extremely etched in water stains might need polished out by machine.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #7
camro

Drives: All original
Well wait for autogeek post some sales before purchasing any machine. About the water spot. Try DP glass restorer or carpro ceriglass.
camro is offline   Reply With Quote