Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-01-2019, 08:03 AM   #15
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
What happens when they bind up? How much work/cost would be involved in having someone raise it to 660mm? I also know that I could never have LTs on it with it as low as it is.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:33 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
What happens when they bind up? How much work/cost would be involved in having someone raise it to 660mm? I also know that I could never have LTs on it with it as low as it is.
The arms just bottom out/ hit . Excuse my lack of knowledge here. Only saw it once on here from Pete, forget exactly. Do a search on it. Never happened to me at 660. I don’t know what coilovers you have, but the guy you bought them from has to give you the spanner wrench to raise or lower the lock rings or perch
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #17
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I remember seeing that camaro on craigslist. It did look clean with tasteful mods. Glad someone on the forum got it. Where in florida are you?
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:58 PM   #18
byrds8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
The arms just bottom out/ hit . Excuse my lack of knowledge here. Only saw it once on here from Pete, forget exactly. Do a search on it. Never happened to me at 660. I don’t know what coilovers you have, but the guy you bought them from has to give you the spanner wrench to raise or lower the lock rings or perch
Gotcha. I havent heard anything bang around yet so I guess so far so good. As for the spanner wrench, the previous owner said he was going to give me it when he is back in town. That along with a few of the stock items that he took off. I am not sure what coil overs or adjustable shocks he has on them.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #19
byrds8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSkat View Post
I remember seeing that camaro on craigslist. It did look clean with tasteful mods. Glad someone on the forum got it. Where in florida are you?
I never saw it on CL. Not sure what all mods he had listed there. I got it from the dealership.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #20
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Gotcha. I havent heard anything bang around yet so I guess so far so good. As for the spanner wrench, the previous owner said he was going to give me it when he is back in town. That along with a few of the stock items that he took off. I am not sure what coil overs or adjustable shocks he has on them.
Take a pic of the coilovers and post up
Old 02-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #21
byrds8

Quote:
Take a pic of the coilovers and post up
What’s the best place to get a picture of them?
Old 02-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
What’s the best place to get a picture of them?
Just get one from behind and inside the rear wheel. Fronts if you want, justvturn the wheel and get s pic from the front of the wheel well. Whatever works best
Old 02-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #23
byrds8

Quote:
Just get one from behind and inside the rear wheel. Fronts if you want, justvturn the wheel and get s pic from the front of the wheel well. Whatever works best
Hows this? May not be exactly what you were looking for. By this point I was tired of fighting a squeal when I was turning right. After hours of fun searching, it turned out to be the caliper cover on the front driver side. Needless to say I took them off.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Hows this? May not be exactly what you were looking for. By this point I was tired of fighting a squeal when I was turning right. After hours of fun searching, it turned out to be the caliper cover on the front driver side. Needless to say I took them off.
Looks like BC Racing on the label? If so, similar to my old Pedders. These are single adjustable, that is rebound adjust only.You should be getting two spanner wrenches from the seller.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #25
byrds8

Not sure what you mean by single adjustable. However, the previous owner said he would give the original parts and tools to me when he gets back in town. Looking them up, I believe you are correct. They look like BC Racing. Dunno if that means they are good or not though lol. Can any suspension shop not just adjust them if need be? I wouldn't think it was a keyed tool.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:30 PM   #26
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by single adjustable. However, the previous owner said he would give the original parts and tools to me when he gets back in town. Looking them up, I believe you are correct. They look like BC Racing. Dunno if that means they are good or not though lol. Can any suspension shop not just adjust them if need be? I wouldn't think it was a keyed tool.
Bc are low end Chinese but are ok for the street. Actually the quality seems to be pretty good. May last 75000 miles or more.Do search on this forum, lots of owner input and settings they like. Single adjustable is rebound . It controls ride quality and handling. You have a knob on top for the front struts, and an a cable adjuster that should be through a hole in the trunk. Turn counter clockwise for a softer shock, clockwise for stiffer. There are 30-32 clicks of adjustability.

And no you need the wrenches and bc instructions to set height. If you have a shop then I would think they can. But they need to know how.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #27
byrds8

Quote:
Bc are low end Chinese but are ok for the street. Actually the quality seems to be pretty good. May last 75000 miles or more.Do search on this forum, lots of owner input and settings they like. Single adjustable is rebound . It controls ride quality and handling. You have a knob on top for the front struts, and an a cable adjuster that should be through a hole in the trunk. Turn counter clockwise for a softer shock, clockwise for stiffer. There are 30-32 clicks of adjustability.

And no you need the wrenches and bc instructions to set height. If you have a shop then I would think they can. But they need to know how.
I saw the instructions online. So if they have the tools then it could get adjusted depending on what they would charge for it. Id like to bring it up a little. I cant even get my low profile jack under the car. Had to put down some sheets of wood today to get it high enough to jack up lol. Plus Id like a little softer ride. Im also hoping the slight vibration I get at hwy speeds would go away as well.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #28
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I saw the instructions online. So if they have the tools then it could get adjusted depending on what they would charge for it. Id like to bring it up a little. I cant even get my low profile jack under the car. Had to put down some sheets of wood today to get it high enough to jack up lol. Plus Id like a little softer ride. Im also hoping the slight vibration I get at hwy speeds would go away as well.
At 655 mm front with my 19” race wheels I have to drive into wood boards also. No issues with the 20’s. To set height you need to use a hammer and a blunt tool to break the lower lock ring loose. Not a sharp tool, has to be blunt, like a 3/8” extent like I use. A sharp one can split and break the adjuster
Rings/ collars. Spin that collar downward some.Then fit the wrench into the upper collar to turn the collar/spring perch upward to set higher. 1 to 1.5 turns= about 1mm height adjustment. You have to play with both sides a bit to get them even or same. When done spin the lower lock ring back up to the upper adjuster ring. Then with the blunt tool and hammer hit the lock ring to turn it tight against the adjuster ring so it won’t move