Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:21 AM   #57
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Typical response. Any beemer owner who believes the Smoking Tire review is a legitimate professionally done test that should not be ridiculed must know what he's talking about. LMAO.

Pure In-San-Ee-Tee.

I never said anything about anyone being a "legitimate professional". Also it's Bimmer not Beemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
^Only an inept juvenile would compare post count to sensibility.

It seems with every absurd comment you make, you keep digging yourself into an intellectually deeper hole.

ADVICE: Quit While Your Ahead

LOL @ snapping on a comment not even meant for you.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:05 AM   #58
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Matt did not seem to like the car as a "driver's car". His dislikes were more than cosmetic, as he states "What we have learned here today is the Camaro as a cruising car and as a styling exercise is quite successful. It has all the elements there. As a driver’s car or track car, not at all." Nothing wrong with that, as the SS was not designed to compete with the Lotus in driver feel, although the SS does quite well on either a 1/4 mile or twisty track.
Whether it competes with a Lotus is irrelevant. The Mustang is it's competition, and he acknowledged the SS stays planted much better than the Mustang in turns.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #59
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
BigDan............. "Beemer" fan boy.

Remind us why you are here again? Either you want a Camaro, or have a Camaro?

Because .... being here has no other explanation. Unless your just a troll. Trolling is a violation of the TOS of these boards...

You clearly think your ass sits in a superior product... Do you harass Soccer moms in the Caravan Forums also?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #60
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I see this review as an opinion. I ordered this car sight unseen, never driven, touched or kicked the tires.

My original thought was to buy a Gen I and restore it, that was until this car was announced and I was so glad I got this one.

Is this car the fastest? No

Is this car the best track car? No

Is this the best drag car? No

SO WHAT. I didn't buy this car because is was any of the above. I bought this car because it was a CAMARO, nuff said.

No matter what car you have there will always be someone who is faster, etc....just depends on how much money you want to sink into it.

This car is awesome, from the "HARD PLASTIC" interior to the low roof line it is simply awesome and I like it just the was it is. There are about 10 where I live and mine is the only RJT. We kinda have a little get together at Sonic once a month for all car lovers and the Camaro gets rave reviews.

With the right exhaust ( of your choosing ) nothing compares when you crank it up. So Mr. Smoking Tires, thanks for your opinion but I still love mine just the same.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM   #61
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Whether it competes with a Lotus is irrelevant. The Mustang is it's competition, and he acknowledged the SS stays planted much better than the Mustang in turns.
Staying planted in the turns is one of many characteristics of a driver's car. Don't take that he loved the Camaro as a driver's car because of one comment, as he did not. Don't get bent out of shape on this, it is just one guy's commentary.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #62
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestack View Post
Staying planted in the turns is one of many characteristics of a driver's car. Don't take that he loved the Camaro as a driver's car because of one comment, as he did not. Don't get bent out of shape on this, it is just one guy's commentary.
I'm not bent out of shape. I just don't understand how you can watch that review and use it to say the Mustang corners better when Matt specifically said the opposite, lol. It's like you guys are grasping at straws or something.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #63
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
"If It's Not a Camaro, Then Why Would I Want It?"

Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #64
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
A little bias? sure..everyone is biased.

A worthless review? Not at all, because I agree with several of the things he said. And its fairly obvious I'm not a Mustang fanboy.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #65
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
I think some get bent about one person's review before they look at it from a different prospective. I wouldn't call the review worthless, but more of a piss poor review. A review should be as unbiased and try not to interject your personal preferences were possible. So try to explain the differences about the two cars w/ out using therms that would discount a car before someone has a chance to drive it for themselves (very few reviews I have seen do this for any of the car makers). And lastly don't end w/statements that are way exaggerated just poor reviewing. (50 cars a day really maybe if you count all last gen and new gen mustangs you see on the road, but Camaros I find it hard to believe. Not to say it's not true, but really) All this said adds up to a very low to 0 credibility rating in my opinion and yes like everyone else I got one too...

All the cars are very close and it boils down to some key factors of what you are looking for.. For instance the new 5.0 from what I gather has up its game and tops the Camaro in some areas. I would expect GM and Dodge to now look at how to top the new stang in coming years, but for the Auto manufactures to totally change the car every year would be an financial disaster. To produce a car that was rushed would lead to disaster and be a flop because of it. Ultimately the car manufactures build cars to sell and have to make compromises in areas that they feel will make it a better w/ out missing the mark. If it a closer to a race car feel your looking for w/ out moding then maybe the new 5.0 does do the better job, but next year there might be a new top dog that one ups the 5.0. I can't afford to change cars every year so I will continue to drive my very stunning Camaro and performance street car, because that's what I like.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 08-17-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #66
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
I know from personal experience with all three that the 2011 5.0 is indeed the best "track and strip" ready car.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #67
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
That was a bizarre review. I would never admit out loud that i like or have even driven a volkswagon. Extremely weird seeing a guy that looks like a bodybuilder say that. and i am known to say weird things as it is.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #68
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I see this review as an opinion. I ordered this car sight unseen, never driven, touched or kicked the tires.

My original thought was to buy a Gen I and restore it, that was until this car was announced and I was so glad I got this one.

Is this car the fastest? No

Is this car the best track car? No

Is this the best drag car? No

SO WHAT. I didn't buy this car because is was any of the above. I bought this car because it was a CAMARO, nuff said.

No matter what car you have there will always be someone who is faster, etc....just depends on how much money you want to sink into it.

This car is awesome, from the "HARD PLASTIC" interior to the low roof line it is simply awesome and I like it just the was it is. There are about 10 where I live and mine is the only RJT. We kinda have a little get together at Sonic once a month for all car lovers and the Camaro gets rave reviews.

With the right exhaust ( of your choosing ) nothing compares when you crank it up. So Mr. Smoking Tires, thanks for your opinion but I still love mine just the same.
BRAVO
Old 08-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #69
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
I think some get bent about one person's review before they look at it from a different prospective. I wouldn't call the review worthless, but more of a piss poor review. A review should be as unbiased and try not to interject your personal preferences were possible. So try to explain the differences about the two cars w/ out using therms that would discount a car before someone has a chance to drive it for themselves (very few reviews I have seen do this for any of the car makers). And lastly don't end w/statements that are way exaggerated just poor reviewing. (50 cars a day really maybe if you count all last gen and new gen mustangs you see on the road, but Camaros I find it hard to believe. Not to say it's not true, but really) All this said adds up to a very low to 0 credibility rating in my opinion and yes like everyone else I got one too...
Yes but if this was the case there would be no car reviews. People do research before they even test drive--and they're bound to hear negative things that will discount one of them.

Yeah it's true though, this was a really amateur hour track to be testing on (all 2nd gear?), and if you've seen his 2011 GT review he's winding through the back woods of SoCal. While I prefer Camaro's powertrain and looks, and have driven both cars, he's mostly griping about driver interface, which I can't handle as well.

Interior-bone stock no options Maro vs stang, the camaro might win but you can upgrade the hell out of the Mustang, aluminum appointments, leather on the side, more color options, metal cue ball shifter, sync nav, actually WORKING ambient lighting, all glass roof option. Too bad they don't have HUD, you know.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #70
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
Yes but if this was the case there would be no car reviews. People do research before they even test drive--and they're bound to hear negative things that will discount one of them.

Yeah it's true though, this was a really amateur hour track to be testing on (all 2nd gear?), and if you've seen his 2011 GT review he's winding through the back woods of SoCal. While I prefer Camaro's powertrain and looks, and have driven both cars, he's mostly griping about driver interface, which I can't handle as well.

Interior-bone stock no options Maro vs stang, the camaro might win but you can upgrade the hell out of the Mustang, aluminum appointments, leather on the side, more color options, metal cue ball shifter, sync nav, actually WORKING ambient lighting, all glass roof option. Too bad they don't have HUD, you know.
True, but in the sentence before that also stated that "were possible" being the key factor.. So some stuff is always going to be purely subjective. I have also found some of the driver interface to be quirky and hope for improvements. With the Camaro being out of the picture for so long Ford has had time to develop the car more and the Camaro w/ time will do the same.