Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #99
ripismoney

Drives: 2008 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch98 View Post
If I was purchasing a vehicle for my child, safety would be my #1 concern and the Camaro's obstructed visibility would be a major problem. For me, however, I trust my judgment and driving experience and the Camaro will be fine.
If you bought a Camaro for your child, you would arguably be the coolest parent ever.
ripismoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:20 PM   #100
spooky
spooky

Drives: camaro
if you truly like a car, you will find a way to get past the annoyances such as blind spots.
spooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #101
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
Quote:
Follow this simple procedure and you will have no issues with blind spots. I have use this technique for years and it works great, no need to look over your shoulder.

http://www.linquist.net/motorsports/tech/mirrors/
This is what I use too, although I didn't get it from this site. Put your head on the LH glass, adjust that mirror until you barely see your car. Put your head dead center and adjust the RH mirror until you can just barely see the car. I cannot state how great this is. You literally end up with near 360 degree vision. You don't get the reference of seeing the side of your car anymore, but you get used to that quickly. The only reason I ever adjust the mirrors back like "normal" people is if I'm towing somthing and need to see down the length of my vehicle all the time. I don't expect to do this much in the 'maro!

Try it sometime, you'll never go back. Unless you're my fiance and insist on having a reference point of the car at all times...
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #102
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
This is what I use too, although I didn't get it from this site. Put your head on the LH glass, adjust that mirror until you barely see your car. Put your head dead center and adjust the RH mirror until you can just barely see the car. I cannot state how great this is. You literally end up with near 360 degree vision. You don't get the reference of seeing the side of your car anymore, but you get used to that quickly. The only reason I ever adjust the mirrors back like "normal" people is if I'm towing somthing and need to see down the length of my vehicle all the time. I don't expect to do this much in the 'maro!

Try it sometime, you'll never go back. Unless you're my fiance and insist on having a reference point of the car at all times...
I agree. And also, if you do need that "reference point"... just move your head over to the left or right for a sec. I'm sure you will need to do that much less than you would need to turn your head all the way around when changing lanes
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #103
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
at 1:55-2:00 expresses the sentiment of a true camaro enthusiast
HAA! I was thinking the same thing!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #104
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
if you truly like a car, you will find a way to get past the annoyances such as blind spots.
like I said... drive faster than everyone else...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #105
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
My H3 has huge blind spots, but I have not ran anyone over yet! I can't even see a Corvette behind me at stop lights or any other low profile car. It takes some getting used to but if I can anyone can!
MRSBMCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #106
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSBMCS View Post
My H3 has huge blind spots, but I have not ran anyone over yet! I can't even see a Corvette behind me at stop lights or any other low profile car. It takes some getting used to but if I can anyone can!
Aye I watch out 4 people like you. One time though this 18 wheeler driver was next to me and I looked up from the vette and he was looking at my wheels instead of driving. I swear I saw a little drool on his mouth.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #107
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
Quote:
I'm sure you will need to do that much less than you would need to turn your head all the way around when changing lanes
I rarely actually look anymore unless I've lost track of who's around me...i.e. heavy traffic. The mirrors show all!

This has worked on every vehicle I've ever driven, from as small as a Cavalier to as large as a H2, Suburban, and a F-350.
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #108
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
When you say put your head dead center, that means hover it over the center console right? I adjusted my mirrors to this new system today and so far it's worked great.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #109
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
like I said... drive faster than everyone else...
Absolutely the truth. It is a point and shoot affair. Find a spot you want to be, and if you're going faster than everyone else, you'll make it there first. I only partially joke.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #110
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Absolutely the truth. It is a point and shoot affair. Find a spot you want to be, and if you're going faster than everyone else, you'll make it there first. I only partially joke.
ive freaked some friends out when they are riding shotgun with me in the Z. cus I mentally plan out my ROA (route of attack). while driving of where im going to be, when (and how much) I need to slow down or speed up.

I had one friend who didnt believe me about it. we were coming up on a stoplight and I merged to the right lane and ended up behind 2 cars and a semi (if I had stayed in the left lane I woulda been behind 2 cars only). Josh (the friend) asked why I switched lanes... I looked at him and smiled.

told him that the elderly woman in the front of the left lane is going to wait about 3 seconds after the light turns green, shoot off, then end up going 10 miles under the speed limit. the first car in the right lane is going to shoot off and keep going and probably turn off at the next light, the second car was going to get up and moving rather quickly as well and keep going. and the semi was going to gun it and switch to the left lane in front of the old lady.

light turns green.

front right car shoots off, second right car accellerates quickly, old lady finally takes off.... then slows down, semi barrels past and changes lanes in front of the old lady, as I keep moving up I see the front right guy turn off at the next light, 2nd right guy is a good bit ahead now, I keep cruising, cut in front of the semi and then wrap back around the 2nd right car and keep on cruising.

with a big smile on my face.
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 03-22-2009, 05:29 PM   #111
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
ive freaked some friends out when they are riding shotgun with me in the Z. cus I mentally plan out my ROA (route of attack). while driving of where im going to be, when (and how much) I need to slow down or speed up.

I had one friend who didnt believe me about it. we were coming up on a stoplight and I merged to the right lane and ended up behind 2 cars and a semi (if I had stayed in the left lane I woulda been behind 2 cars only). Josh (the friend) asked why I switched lanes... I looked at him and smiled.

told him that the elderly woman in the front of the left lane is going to wait about 3 seconds after the light turns green, shoot off, then end up going 10 miles under the speed limit. the first car in the right lane is going to shoot off and keep going and probably turn off at the next light, the second car was going to get up and moving rather quickly as well and keep going. and the semi was going to gun it and switch to the left lane in front of the old lady.

light turns green.

front right car shoots off, second right car accellerates quickly, old lady finally takes off.... then slows down, semi barrels past and changes lanes in front of the old lady, as I keep moving up I see the front right guy turn off at the next light, 2nd right guy is a good bit ahead now, I keep cruising, cut in front of the semi and then wrap back around the 2nd right car and keep on cruising.

with a big smile on my face.
You're kinda a creepy...

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:36 PM   #112
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
You're kinda a creepy...

I take my driving seriously.

srsly

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote: