Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #239
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
As Wesley Snipes would say "Always bet on BLACK"
swizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #240
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
*peeks in*

*sees people are still wanking when things change*

*leaves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #241
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Very good points -- for 1968.........

The world has changed.

And this is not a 'bean counter' issue - please - go back and read my lengthy post.
I know things have changed, and I also know not every color can be made available. My point was that if a part or item is in the plant, and in stock, the customer should be able to get it, regardless of what some bean counter or stylist says. Example: Why can't you get the color top you want on any color Camaro? Tan is available, so it should make no difference what color the bottom is. Same with interior. It is in the plant, just put it in the car. Called customer satisfaction, and no cost to the company. Also maximizes sales and profit to the company. I tried to buy a Solstice in 08. Yellow with a tan top. GM said no, only black on a yellow car. Tan was available, in the plant, and would be put on a different color Solstice. I postponed my buying until I could get the color I wanted. Eventually, they offered the tan top. (much better in Arizona) In the long run, I was sorry I got the car, as it was a proverbial lemon. 25 warranty visits in 2 years. My wife's was perfect, and she still has it. Never a problem. Go figure. Anyway, that is my 2 cents.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #242
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
I know things have changed, and I also know not every color can be made available. My point was that if a part or item is in the plant, and in stock, the customer should be able to get it, regardless of what some bean counter or stylist says. Example: Why can't you get the color top you want on any color Camaro? Tan is available, so it should make no difference what color the bottom is. Same with interior. It is in the plant, just put it in the car. Called customer satisfaction, and no cost to the company. Also maximizes sales and profit to the company. I tried to buy a Solstice in 08. Yellow with a tan top. GM said no, only black on a yellow car. Tan was available, in the plant, and would be put on a different color Solstice. I postponed my buying until I could get the color I wanted. Eventually, they offered the tan top. (much better in Arizona) In the long run, I was sorry I got the car, as it was a proverbial lemon. 25 warranty visits in 2 years. My wife's was perfect, and she still has it. Never a problem. Go figure. Anyway, that is my 2 cents.
+1 To customer satisfaction. I guess they didnt train the machines to put different colour parts on the cars than what is speced in the computer.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #243
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
colors change every few years. there's some other good colors out there at GM that would look good on the Camaro.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #244
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
So you'd be happy with just Synergy Green, no other colors?

Did I say that? No I didn't so the misinterpretation is strong with you. I simply said I like SGM better than IBM
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #245
Three of Swords

Drives: 2011 IBM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
But my personal favorite is heartstopping mountain lake 566 blue:

You put Camaros in 566 blue in dealer showrooms under halogen lights and that color will sell.
I agree completely! That 566 is so awesome! I'd seriously consider trading my current vehicle in for one.

I ordered my IBM w/o ever having seen one in real life. From pics online, IBM looked more like the 566 blue than what it really is since most people take pics of it in the sun to accent the metallic flakes. I was mildly disappointed in how dark IBM really is. That being said, I still would have ordered it anyway, even if I had known, since it had to be blue.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #246
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing View Post
Did I say that? No I didn't so the misinterpretation is strong with you. I simply said I like SGM better than IBM
Well, it's gone, too, so I stand by my previous meme. Was there a point to your post? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you shouldn't speak at all?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #247
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Sad to see this beautiful color go. Glad I bought one. However, that being said IBM is not as electrifying as it should be for a car whose shape is electrifying to look at. Scott you guys need to go with a blue that just stops you in your tracks the moment you see it.

Something along these lines:

But my personal favorite is heartstopping mountain lake 566 blue:
Attachment 315621

You put Camaros in 566 blue in dealer showrooms under halogen lights and that color will sell.

Just some ideas for ya.

Awesome looking blue! Perfect compromise between IBM and ABM....They could call it PBM "Perfect Blue Metallic"
Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #248
King Nothing
Under a Peterbilt

Drives: Rogue, Durango and Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Well, it's gone, too, so I stand by my previous meme. Was there a point to your post? Didn't your mother ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, maybe you shouldn't speak at all?
yeah there was a point to my post, simply i liked SGM better than IBM, is it really that hard to understand? yeah she did. did you mother ever tell you not to be a smart ass? don't forget this is a public forum and everyone has their own opinion. if you don't like what i have to say you can skip it and not respond to me
Sold-2000 Camaro SS A4 Hardtop #867 of 8913
1 of 103 Bright Rally Red Hardtop SS A4 in 2000
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 By Berger #11BC21

Last edited by King Nothing; 12-16-2011 at 06:32 PM.
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:19 AM   #249
Darth93
Darth93

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE,1983 Camaro Z/28
The latest news to upset some happens to be Imperial Blue Metallic.

I happen to think it's stunning with Silver Stripes......and you are correct that the 'fire' in the paint on a sunny day is something to behold........
Quote from Fbodfather.....

I can't imagine what that combination looks like seriously, I resemble that remark and have to agree. On a sunny day I have had many good comments about IBM and the silver stripes.
Darth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #250
SteveRS

Drives: 2010 SIM Cobalt SS
Send a message via AIM to SteveRS
im adding Silver Stripes to my IBM!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #251
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
What's amazing is that Chevy employs designers whose whole job is colors for the car lineups. Chevy put out a video with behind the scenes of the design process, and guys were coming up with some innovative colors. But what's the point of this department if the end result is bad color options for the Camaro?

Mustang wins the color game. Two blues, yellow blaze metallic (replaced sunset gold) and the Lava Red (which replaced their gray this year). Camaro should take some more creative risk with their paint schemes, i think they're underestimating how much stock people put into the color of their car.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 AM   #252
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Ever notice that blues ALWAYS get changed and/or discontinued on autos. It doesn't matter if it's Grand Cherokees, Vettes, Camaros or what.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote