Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #29
Cam Crazy

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Victory Red
hardest cars to get...

when speaking to the dealership where I purchased, sale manager said, Chevy is purposely taking measures to prevent the camaro from "flooding" the market. Makes sense from a exclusivity standpoint. Keeps the value higher and the heads turning more often as we cruise by in one. Any thoughts on the dealerships comments?
Cam Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #30
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Crazy View Post
when speaking to the dealership where I purchased, sale manager said, Chevy is purposely taking measures to prevent the camaro from "flooding" the market. Makes sense from a exclusivity standpoint. Keeps the value higher and the heads turning more often as we cruise by in one. Any thoughts on the dealerships comments?
Chevy has purposefully ruined the world economy so that Camaros won't sell as fast as they can build them... oh wait
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #31
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
I have a hard time believing this...at least in my area there are Prius' sitting on every lot. They don't seem hard to get at all.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 AM   #32
dursin

Drives: Suburban
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator4SS View Post
Quoting from the article, "To compile our list, we used inventory data from Wards Auto, an automotive data and analysis firm based near Detroit. We calculated day-supply rates of 2009 and 2010 model-year vehicles for June and July to get an average figure for just how obtainable these cars are this summer. (Day-supply rates are inventory numbers divided by the daily selling rate that month.) Then we spoke with manufacturers to find out how long those cars are actually sitting on dealer lots."

Top Five Hardest Cars To Get:

1. Audi Q5
2. Chevrolet Camaro (tie)
2. Toyota Prius (tie)
4. Toyota Matrix
5. Nissan Murano

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...XJkZXN0LWdldA-
I wonder why the Challenger didn't make the list. They weren't even making them during this time period and the supply on most dealer lots had pretty much dried up. Might be because the sell rate was low because there were very few to sell.

Now the Prius?!? I can probably go buy one of those today if I want.
dursin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #33
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Everytime I'm in my Camaro and come to a stop light or can actually get next to a Prius...I give them a big !!

Figure I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum so why not!

They look at me like I'm crazy!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #34
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(

"my camaro burns what your prius saves" <-- from the bumper sticker thread
AdnanHfuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #35
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
The worst thing about the Prius is that it perpetuates the myth that a environmentally friendly car must be slow ugly and boring and anyone who wants to have fun (us) are evil and wanna destroy the planet. Thats just not true. Anyone see the Tesla? Not to mention the Camaro and anything with a ICE could be tuned to run on Ethanol. Hell you could even mod them to run on pure Hydrogen. Why must the Prius crowd save the planet by killing our fun? Not to mention how u drive could make up the difference between the two cars. I wanna see a test like the one featured here
Between a prius and a camaro. So to all you shopping for a prius to save the planet. Go out buy a Camaro find a someone from Venezuela to mod it to run on ethanol buy some sugarcane to avoid the pesticide using corn lobby and run you car, save the planet, help indigenous 3rd world farmers and boost the American car industry and economy, rebuild detro... uh Canada. AND have fun. You can even not wear you seat belt hit a tree and reduce overpopulation. But if you do that last part buy a Mustang.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Hey, I can see why the Prius tied for #2. I mean, put on some after market pipes, racing stripes and a high back spoiler, and you have a mean street machine!
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #37
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Cmon GM, let's get off this list!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
LarkVille

Drives: The Larkvillemobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldpants View Post
The worst thing about the Prius is that it perpetuates the myth that a environmentally friendly car must be slow ugly and boring and anyone who wants to have fun (us) are evil and wanna destroy the planet. Thats just not true. Anyone see the Tesla? Not to mention the Camaro and anything with a ICE could be tuned to run on Ethanol. Hell you could even mod them to run on pure Hydrogen. Why must the Prius crowd save the planet by killing our fun? Not to mention how u drive could make up the difference between the two cars. I wanna see a test like the one featured here
Between a prius and a camaro. So to all you shopping for a prius to save the planet. Go out buy a Camaro find a someone from Venezuela to mod it to run on ethanol buy some sugarcane to avoid the pesticide using corn lobby and run you car, save the planet, help indigenous 3rd world farmers and boost the American car industry and economy, rebuild detro... uh Canada. AND have fun. You can even not wear you seat belt hit a tree and reduce overpopulation. But if you do that last part buy a Mustang.
Awesome post.

Honestly we know that people buy the Prius for image. Because it certainly isn't because they're informed about the true environmental cost to produce a Prius. Nor the fact that Prius owners make little effort to limit resource consumtion in other ways around the home or in their lifestyles. Want to help the environment? Limit the number of children you have. That would help out tremendously thanks.
LarkVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #39
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkVille View Post
Awesome post.

Honestly we know that people buy the Prius for image. Because it certainly isn't because they're informed about the true environmental cost to produce a Prius. Nor the fact that Prius owners make little effort to limit resource consumtion in other ways around the home or in their lifestyles. Want to help the environment? Limit the number of children you have. That would help out tremendously thanks.
Hate to disagree with you, but not all Prius drivers buy it for image. I own a 2004 Prius I use for my 110 mile a day commute. It helps keep the high mileage off of my nice car. Ranting that all Prius owners are the same would be wrong. . Don't put everyone in one basket and assume that this is fact.

Did I buy a Prius to be smug or environmental? Nope. Problem is, most cars in Europe run on Diesel fuel and get better gas mileage than the Prius (and aren't available in the US). But in the US, the Prius is one of the most fuel efficient cars on the market. Besides, I bought mine used . Its not a bad car, it just reminds me of a cheese wedge with generic driving characteristics. . /rant

Now, if GM would kindly make more Camaros so I can place my 2SS order, it would be appreciated.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #40
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I actually like the Murano. Rented one last year and it was great. Big and roomy, comfortable, nice engine. The 2009 is a bit bigger and it still weighs LESS than the Camaro too
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:00 PM   #41
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Crazy View Post
Yea, my thoughts are that gm doesnt make any money without producing and selling cars. Making them exclusive doesnt make gm anymore money. Maybe the dealer by getting a markup but not gm.
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #42
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
They should redo this analysis again is November/December. I bet it would be rather different.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote