Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #1
Contemporary485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS (Black/Black)
My 2 day old Camaro SS is broken ... HELP!

Alright well there's definately something wrong. Anytime I give gas it feels slugish, moreover, it's like its fighting the gas (acceleration) i'm giving it. When I come to a stop I here knocking under the trunk, and under the car ... sometimes I feel it through the shift knob. Sometimes louder than others, sometimes more subtle.

Again, I have an auto ss ...

Yesterday the car downshifted on the harder side and ever since then I'd swear there was something a bit different. However, today I pull out, first i here all sorts of road debree just kicking up under the car ... the type of pebble type kickup that makes you wish you had those ugly mudflaps

In any event, after hearing all of this road debree kickign up under the car, and this could be nothing, it was no more debree than any car kickign up pebbles but after i heard all of this debree i heard a funny sound in what i thought was the transmission. After that, the symptoms i explained came to life. The car has 136 miles on it.

The car shifts to 2nd then after that the shifts seem to not want to come ... what is going on?

also there's a very new sanpaper or raspy feel to the gas pedal as i give it gas ... almost a soundless grind .... or the feeling a grind would make, but not a grind.
Contemporary485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
promod55

Drives: 2010 camaro rs/ss 67 camaro
This is easy!Take back to dealer sounds like a computer issue.UNDER WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
promod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:06 AM   #3
Booneabal

Drives: 2LT RS Rally Yellow
Probably the same as what happened to me - your Power Train Computer has gone brain dead. They need to replace the whole thing.
Unfortunately for you, the goons will replace your fuel injector, rotate your spark plugs, replace your plugs and then finally replace the computer about 1 or 2 months from now.
Best to do is just to tell them you plan to return it and that will speed up the process.
Booneabal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:13 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Dude...before you have ANY more issues...TAKE IT TO THE DEALER.
Better yet, TOW it to the dealer! Call the dealer, they will send a tow truck, and THEY will diagnose the problem.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:30 AM   #5
malmadani1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS\RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contemporary485 View Post
Alright well there's definately something wrong. Anytime I give gas it feels slugish, moreover, it's like its fighting the gas (acceleration) i'm giving it. When I come to a stop I here knocking under the trunk, and under the car ... sometimes I feel it through the shift knob. Sometimes louder than others, sometimes more subtle.

Again, I have an auto ss ...

Yesterday the car downshifted on the harder side and ever since then I'd swear there was something a bit different. However, today I pull out, first i here all sorts of road debree just kicking up under the car ... the type of pebble type kickup that makes you wish you had those ugly mudflaps

In any event, after hearing all of this road debree kickign up under the car, and this could be nothing, it was no more debree than any car kickign up pebbles but after i heard all of this debree i heard a funny sound in what i thought was the transmission. After that, the symptoms i explained came to life. The car has 136 miles on it.

The car shifts to 2nd then after that the shifts seem to not want to come ... what is going on?

also there's a very new sanpaper or raspy feel to the gas pedal as i give it gas ... almost a soundless grind .... or the feeling a grind would make, but not a grind.
just to be sure bro. what type of gas do you fill it up with? just to to be sure it has to be at least 92 or higher and I had almost the same problem and I read a thread on this site, I tried it and it worked, first fill your car with a recommended 93 octane gas and pill the fuses # 5 & # 20 (Look it up the Manual) leave for overnight this will do a complete reset to the computers put them back next morning after starting the car and worming it up drive it aggressively for about a mile for the computers to process acceleration and what not and then it should be OK. let me know what happened to you.
malmadani1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
Roger Ramjet
Motor Head

Drives: CTS-V
When you pull fuses 5 and 20 for the ECM also pull 2 and 19 for the TCM. This will reset both units and allow a relearn.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
I'm with the majority of people... Take it to the dealer.
Sounds to be more then just a TCM issue. Have you tried disconnecting your negative battery cable for 4-5 minutes to reset everything on the car?
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #8
Contemporary485

i've only put 93 octane in her .... she was driving fine

as mentioned, had a hard downshift, then the next day some pebbles bouncing under the car and then imidiately after that, could be coincidental, there was a clunky sound in what i perceived as the transmission and then directly after that sound the problems occured.

I have a flat bed coming to get her now and bring her to the dealer.

Is the dealer going to give me a loaner? They better!

Now I know about the whole A6 SS engines needing to pull fuses and reset the computer issue if your car is under performing. This is something else. Yes, she is slugish, but this "slugish" is coming with knocking and sounds from the tranny or rear end area so i think this is somehting different. Granted the symptoms when i drive or similar to "underperformance" but when i stop i hear pings an knocks ... very subtle but they're there ... also i feel like the ebrake is on while im driving ... if that makes sense ...

... sluggish behavior, but more importanty a different feel, and a knocking and bumping sounds coming from either the rear end or the transmission ... being as i feel something differnet, sluggish almost fighting the gas im giving it performance, the sound that initially occured, and the
Old 02-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #9
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
Quote:
i've only put 93 octane in her .... she was driving fine

as mentioned, had a hard downshift, then the next day some pebbles bouncing under the car and then imidiately after that, could be coincidental, there was a clunky sound in what i perceived as the transmission and then directly after that sound the problems occured.

I have a flat bed coming to get her now and bring her to the dealer.

Is the dealer going to give me a loaner? They better!

Now I know about the whole A6 SS engines needing to pull fuses and reset the computer issue if your car is under performing. This is something else. Yes, she is slugish, but this "slugish" is coming with knocking and sounds from the tranny or rear end area so i think this is somehting different. Granted the symptoms when i drive or similar to "underperformance" but when i stop i hear pings an knocks ... very subtle but they're there ... also i feel like the ebrake is on while im driving ... if that makes sense ...

... sluggish behavior, but more importanty a different feel, and a knocking and bumping sounds coming from either the rear end or the transmission ... being as i feel something differnet, sluggish almost fighting the gas im giving it performance, the sound that initially occured, and the
What exactly does the knocking sound like? If it sounds like five taps then thats normal. But I think you should get it to the dealer soon.
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #10
Contemporary485

it's at dealer ... i'll keep you all posted

I had it flatbedded
Old 02-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
it's at dealer ... i'll keep you all posted

I had it flatbedded
That is a covered expense - just push OnStar for roadside assistance / towing. No charge to you
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
That is a covered expense - just push OnStar for roadside assistance / towing. No charge to you
Yet more useful information from CamaroScotty!
Old 02-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
1 BAD RS 2 SS

Drives: 2010 RS 2 SS
1 BAD RS 2 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:34 PM   #14
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
good luck
________
Vaporizer Wiki

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote