Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Surf City Garage - Balanced Wash & Hydro Seal

First time playing around with Surf City Garage professional line, and I am highly impressed. The balanced wash is one of the more sudsy soaps I have used and retained suds throughout the entire long wash process of this crew cab truck. Its cleans wells and rinses away clean, and it worked great in my foam gun with 3 oz of soap and 32 oz water.
After the wash, traditional rinse and pooling rinse, I misted hydro seal over a wet panel and applied with a plush microfiber towel. Went back over the area with a second dry plush towel and the results were great. This product is idiot proof, works as advertised, and leaves a nice shine. For reference, I used three towels for the application and two towels for the final buff. Definitely a quick way to lay down a nice layer of protection without breaking out additional pads, applicators, or waiting for curing/hazing.
Overall I was very pleased and I am looking forward to trying more of the products in the future.

Even your old truck approved Dylan

Old 05-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #2
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Great review.

How is the lubricity of the soap? What other car soaps have you used that you deem this better than?

And definitely keep us updated on the durability of the hydro seal.

Thanks again!
Old 05-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Great review.

How is the lubricity of the soap? What other car soaps have you used that you deem this better than?

Thanks again!
The soap is very slick. I would have a hard time finding something negative to say about it other than it doesn't have an unbelievable smell to go along with the performance.
My go-to soap for several years has been Adams and I can definitely say SCG balanced wash kills Adams in the suds department.
However, after just one use it would not be fair to deem this better than the elite category soaps but it definitely belongs in the discussion.
The biggest positive for me was how my soap bucket stayed so sudsy throughout the entire wash without having to blast water in the bucket to revive the suds. I hate getting to the end of the wash and not having suds when you need them the most for the lowest and dirtiest areas...
Old 05-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
That truck...what a heap.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
That truck...what a heap.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
DylanVK

Drives: a few
The trucks lookin' strong dude! So happy to know it went to a good home.

Glad to hear you liked the wash too. The scent is an 'in-between' - we had samples of a stronger sent, and samples of a weaker scent that were circulated to testers. The reviews kind of pointed to a demand for it to be somewhere in the middle... so thats what we did. Light smell so you know its there, but not so strong you feel like you've been hit upside the head with potpourri.

Hydro-Seal... I'm deeply in love with that product. Easy application, excellent gloss, and durable... plus it smells like a strawberry milkshake

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
camaro2ssblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
The trucks lookin' strong dude! So happy to know it went to a good home.

Glad to hear you liked the wash too. The scent is an 'in-between' - we had samples of a stronger sent, and samples of a weaker scent that were circulated to testers. The reviews kind of pointed to a demand for it to be somewhere in the middle... so thats what we did. Light smell so you know its there, but not so strong you feel like you've been hit upside the head with potpourri.

Hydro-Seal... I'm deeply in love with that product. Easy application, excellent gloss, and durable... plus it smells like a strawberry milkshake

Nothing but compliments so far on the truck, we are loving it.

Hydro-seal definitely has my attention. In addition to the things you mentioned above, it also saves time and seems to reduce static charge due to the wet application.