Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #1
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
My new go to was soap combo.

I washed my car today before I embarked on my brake caliper painting journey. I bought a gallon of the new SCG extreme balanced wash for use on my customers cars, but now it will also be used on mine as well.

So let me tell you the soaps. As mentioned above,2 oz SCG balanced wash was used in the foam gun, and AMMO foam paint cleanser was in my bucket. I feel like this combo provides the absolute best of both worlds. SCG soap is extremely sudsy, and is amazing in the foam gun(the cling has grown on me with a second wash). 2oz of this wash was enough for me to wash my entire car then slightly refill and use on all four of my wheels and tires individually as I took them off to paint my brakes tonight. And there is still some useable soap left.

Then you have AMMO which is by far the slickest soap I've ever used, and the suds dissipate after working the panel making rinsing a pleasure. Also, I only use 1 oz of AMMO for my soap bucket, and it provides suds for days.

I also took pictures of my car after the pooling rinse so Matt could compare how much water was left on my car compaired to his after using the extreme wash in the bucket as well.

This combo will now be my staple until something else comes along. I just can't imagine it doing better than this though.

Last edited by 13lstuner; 05-20-2014 at 12:28 PM.
13lstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:30 AM   #2
13lstuner

My new go to was soap combo.

My car freshly foamed with SCG balanced wash.

Side shot of the foam.

After wash with ammo

After pooling rinse.

Last edited by 13lstuner; 05-20-2014 at 12:35 PM.
13lstuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
You know you can post more than one pic per post?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

For some, on their phones it only allows one per post.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 AM   #5
13lstuner

Quote:

Can you post multiple pics on your phone?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
Can you post multiple pics on your phone?
Two different ways actually.

Attachments

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1400603479477.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  67.0 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1400603492101.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  57.2 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1400603523822.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  55.9 KB

Old 05-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #7
DylanVK

Drives: a few
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA! This thread just got interesting bud - You and I need to talk a little craft beer. Aside from detailing its the single most thing I get geeked out about.
There may even be the opportunity to add you to my underground beer trade - I've got friends in different parts of the country and we ship a box around adding and pulling from the selections so we can all get stuff not otherwise sold local to us.

Back on topic -

I'll have to try this combo, I have some of Larry's soap that I tried out awhile back. In keeping with the craft beer theme - mabye we should do a collaboration soap... it works for Stone Brewing, why not apply it to the detail world

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Damn that stout looks good.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:17 PM   #9
DylanVK

Nitro Milk Stout from Lefthand is like adult chocolate milk... so good! The brewery and tap room isn't more than 10 minutes north of me in Longmont. Spend more than a few afternoons there on nice weekends

Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
13lstuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
Whoa whoa whoa WHOA! This thread just got interesting bud - You and I need to talk a little craft beer. Aside from detailing its the single most thing I get geeked out about.
There may even be the opportunity to add you to my underground beer trade - I've got friends in different parts of the country and we ship a box around adding and pulling from the selections so we can all get stuff not otherwise sold local to us.

Back on topic -

I'll have to try this combo, I have some of Larry's soap that I tried out awhile back. In keeping with the craft beer theme - mabye we should do a collaboration soap... it works for Stone Brewing, why not apply it to the detail world
That would be amazing. As I said in my original post I feel like this provides the best of both worlds. Larry's soap sucks in the foam gun. I had never used it in the foam gun until the other day because it is expensive, but I wanted a baseline to compare it to. I thought it would do good with how sudsy it was. Contrary to what I thought the suds, just like after washing, dissipated too quickly on the paint while moving around the car.

So when you put your sudsy monster in the gun , and Larry's gentle soap in the bucket I can't personally find anything wrong with it.

A calibration soap would be extremely cool. I would really love to see how that turned out honestly. If that comes to reality, count me in.

Quote:
Two different ways actually.

Attachments

Attachment 629724Attachment 629725Attachment 629726

Ok happy now? I downloaded tapatalk and that worked.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13lstuner View Post
That would be amazing. As I said in my original post I feel like this provides the best of both worlds. Larry's soap sucks in the foam gun. I had never used it in the foam gun until the other day because it is expensive, but I wanted a baseline to compare it to. I thought it would do good with how sudsy it was. Contrary to what I thought the suds, just like after washing, dissipated too quickly on the paint while moving around the car.

So when you put your sudsy monster in the gun , and Larry's gentle soap in the bucket I can't personally find anything wrong with it.

A calibration soap would be extremely cool. I would really love to see how that turned out honestly. If that comes to reality, count me in.

Ok happy now? I downloaded tapatalk and that worked.
So happy

Old 05-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #12
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post

Back on topic -

That sounds cool. I'm a beer geek too (don't like the term beer snob).

We have amazing beers here in Michigan but I wish I could find some of the East Coast brews. Was supposed to have a buddy pick me up some Heady topper.. But yeah that didn't happen hah.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #13
DylanVK

Quote:
That sounds cool. I'm a beer geek too (don't like the term beer snob).

We have amazing beers here in Michigan but I wish I could find some of the East Coast brews. Was supposed to have a buddy pick me up some Heady topper.. But yeah that didn't happen hah.

Dude... the 2 of us ever get together its gonna be a party of detailing and craft brew LOL

Just finished my first attempt at home brew... was supposed to be a mild pale ale... I got a little carried away in the hop additions - ended up around 90IBU LOL

Old 05-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 RJT/RS
Get a room. LMAO!!
2011 RJT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ammo, balanced, beer, foam, scg, wash