Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #99
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
[QUOTE=BlaqWhole;11097316]Yet nobody on here with these same mods is making even close to 800 RWHP on 93 octane with a dyno sheet to prove it. I'll go you one further, how many people on here with these same mods are making over 800 RWHP on ethanol and have a dyno sheet to prove it? Because it's a bit odd that this is such a standard and common thing but nobody can post up a dyno of their car doing the same thing.

Plus, was this just a setup for a contest? Was this the A10 or M6? I would like to see the full build sheet and specs. Was this on a super cold day? Was this just a max effort build/tune that's gonna get dialed way TF back[QUOTE=BlaqWhole;11097316]

They have a few videos documenting all that was done and this includes a ported blower and only 2.3 upper I believe. This is his personal a10 zl1, he made 20 passes on the dyno I think it was back to back. Car did something like 9.6-9.8 I think 1/4 mile. I dont think he made that many runs beating on the car if it was on the edge but I can't verify this. Don't have any personal dyno sheets with a similar setup or know of any so cant add more than what I have done. Maybe next year and will see where I'm at.

Last edited by Evansa22; 11-14-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:17 PM   #100
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
This is his personal a10 zl1, he made 20 passes on the dyno I think it was back to back.
It's always the shop owner's car that does this kinda stuff. Now call him and tell him you want the same package and ask if you'll make those same numbers. See what they tell you and how much it'll cost and all the extra parts you'll need.

Quote:
Don't have any personal dyno sheets with a similar setup or know of any so cant add more than what I have done. Maybe next year and will see where I'm at.
Is there anyone on here on the stock blower with a full build and over 700 RWHP without meth and without race gas and with a dyno to prove it?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:35 PM   #101
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It's always the shop owner's car that does this kinda stuff. Now call him and tell him you want the same package and ask if you'll make those same numbers. See what they tell you and how much it'll cost and all the extra parts you'll need.

Is there anyone on here on the stock blower with a full build and over 700 RWHP without meth and without race gas and with a dyno to prove it?
I'm not reading this whole argument but this exact package was and still is offered.

Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #102
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I'm not reading this whole argument but this exact package was and still is offered.

Does anyone on here have this package? And is there anyone on here with a full build stock blower making over 700 RWHP without meth or race gas and with a dyno sheet? If so then maybe they can chime in.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #103
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I'm gonna msg Andrew so he can chime in

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:19 PM   #104
Evansa22

Old 11-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #105
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I'm gonna msg Andrew so he can chime in
His tune was on the ragged edge. He doesn’t send cars out the door like that. He’s much more conservative then Others in their tunes.

Also what is the argument here at this point? I’m completely lost now. Several posts back I provided rwhp numbers that most achieve with the stock blower and numbers most achieve with the 2650.

This threads all over the place now and I think even blaqhole is confused.

CSP pumps out heads/cam combos with stock ported blower in the 750rwhp range on a daily basis. This is heads/cam fill bolt on, ported blower etc. Right in line with pretty much everyone else.

Change nothing except a bigger blower get 800+ On 93 plus the excellent cooling they come with.

Their Maggie builds keep the stock 90mm upper with usually a 9.06 lower which gives around 15psi max.

Even on cars that made more, he’s dialed them Back to roughly 850 for longevity.

I’ve however seen pretty much same builds from Others except I’ve seen 80mm pulleys used which is going to of course increase boost.

So once again what exactly are people debating here?

IMO pretty much all builds exceeding 850rwhp will need high side, injectors. And these cars will run more ethanol with a meth mix which pushes them Into the 900rwhp range.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:29 PM   #106
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
This is my tune that’s been in the car since this dyno run in June. 90 degrees, Dynojet SAE. Stock pulleys, no porting, e70 blend with safe headroom in injector and high side. Mods in my sig. You need to admit when you are wrong bro. 650/673

This is factual you can run e70 because of your elevation. Once you start with power adders , the ethanol content is going to drop quickly so it’s a balance now between adders and ethanol.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #107
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
This is factual you can run e70 because of your elevation. Once you start with power adders , the ethanol content is going to drop quickly so it’s a balance now between adders and ethanol.
Completely understood. What I believe, and will find out soon enough is that the increases in hp from the porting will far outweigh any losses in hp due to reducing the ethanol blend. Once you get over e50, there’s not a lot of difference in hp realized from the ethanol. If I had to drop to e30 or less then yeah it would be counter productive. I went to e70 (after verifying fuel and injector) simply because my because local pumps are blended to e70 already and I can just fill up from the e85 pump and go.

I think I’ll still be able to run e50 after porting but I won’t know for sure until it’s tuned. Even if it doesn’t break 700whp I believe it will make a run at it (provided high side and injector are there).
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #108
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
He said he's not a sponsor any more so maybe he can't post anymore.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:22 PM   #109
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
He said he's not a sponsor any more so maybe he can't post anymore.
So, why doesn't that leave him a regular member like the rest of us? Perhaps a mod will comment.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:24 PM   #110
Evansa22

Quote:
His tune was on the ragged edge. He doesn’t send cars out the door like that. He’s much more conservative then Others in their tunes.

Also what is the argument here at this point? I’m completely lost now. Several posts back I provided rwhp numbers that most achieve with the stock blower and numbers most achieve with the 2650.

CSP pumps out heads/cam combos with stock ported blower in the 750rwhp range on a daily basis. This is heads/cam fill bolt on, ported blower etc. Right in line with pretty much everyone else.

Change nothing except a bigger blower get 800+ On 93 plus the excellent cooling they come with.

Their Maggie builds keep the stock 90mm upper with usually a 9.06 lower which gives around 15psi max.

Even on cars that made more, he’s dialed them Back to roughly 850 for longevity.

I’ve however seen pretty much same builds from Others except I’ve seen 80mm pulleys used which is going to of course increase boost.

So once again what exactly are people debating here?

IMO pretty much all builds exceeding 850rwhp will need high side, injectors. And these cars will run more ethanol with a meth mix which pushes them Into the 900rwhp range.
Just trying to provide proof 750 whp can be had on the stock blower. Hes making 800 on a sketchy tune then lowering power down to 750 should give you a safe tune I would think. That and I like their videos, good info. Cars already getting to be a handful where I'm at and what the car is used for. Honestly heads/cam might be overkill for my use so I'll make that call in the future.

Also trying to show a different mod path for op, depends on his goals and how much he wants to spend. If he's gonna want more than 750 whp then blower/cam would be a good combo with bolt ons. If not adding the cost of the 2650 may not make sense to get 750 whp... just my limited opinion
Old 11-14-2021, 02:32 PM   #111
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
It isn't really an argument. I'm just asking if anyone on here with a ported blower is making over 700 RWHP without using meth or race gas and if they have a dyno sheet.
Quote:
I'm always confused.

Quote:
Once you start with power adders , the ethanol content is going to drop quickly so it’s a balance now between adders and ethanol.
That was my point. He is not going to be able to run as high a percent of ethanol if he adds a cam or pulley. And porting is only going to do a little. I doubt a port job in addition to his current mods will send him over 700. Now throw in some race gas and it'll happen. Again, I am not knocking his car or his build. But it is good to know the limitations before making a move. That way he can decide if it is worthwhile to go that route or to go a different route. Either way it is his choice. I mean, the car will be fast regardless.

Quote:
This might be true. I know CSP does good work. But it seems that they all are on meth or race gas. Can it be done (750 RWHP with a full build on the LT4 blower) with just a chiller and on ethanol? And if so, is there anyone on here that has gotten that far?

Quote:
For sure.

Quote:
Or go with more displacement and run race gas and you'll exceed that without using meth. But then you're talking about a costly build. I think I know someone who is doing that.
Old 11-14-2021, 02:37 PM   #112
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Cars already getting to be a handful where I'm at and what the car is used for. Honestly heads/cam might be overkill for my use so I'll make that call in the future.
You can go with a mild cam and some ported heads and that might not be too bad. I'm on a stage 2 and I think it is a bit aggressive although some have more aggressive cams than me. I personally wouldn't want to go any more aggressive for DD. There are milder cams out there and that might be the perfect fit for you.