Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-10-2021, 07:35 PM   #1
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Bc or pedders

Looking into both of these coil overs since they are around the same price. Which one do you prefer?
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #2
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I used to say BC, but, being as Ive been trying to get in touch with them for the last three months, I'm going to assume they don't want my business.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:51 PM   #3
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I’ve been using Pedders with the external reservoir for the past two years. Do plenty of driving through canyons, done a few track days and autocross sessions. The car really came alive with these coilovers and then with the right camber adjustments it’ll completely wake up the feel of the car. The external reservoir really helps keep the same feeling throughout your entire session. Also the 30 clicks of adjustment for both bound and rebound independently is plenty to mess with to find the right fit for you. There’s not compromises between too soft and too hard with some kind of trade off. You can adjust to how you want the car to feel. I’m yet to have a bad driving experience with these coilovers.

Hopefully someone is able to give you personal experience they’ve had with BC. I do know that a friend ran some of these coilovers for years and never had an issue with them. He really loved them as they were a good coilovers that wouldn’t hurt the wallet too much. He did say that the bound and rebound both being adjusted together with one knob made it difficult to find a sweet spot. It was either too stiff and unbearable or too soft and felt like a boat. So there were compromises with the setting you’d choose.

As of my recomendation is too choose a good coilovers that meets your needs and budget.
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:37 AM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Bc or pedders

Bilsteins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #5
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Unless someone has run both brands for comparison with identical suspension components and set ups it would be a matter of opinion and then pricing, assuming the quality is consistent. Both should have either single, or preferably, dual adjustment features. My thoughts are the more adjustable your suspension components are, the more you can "tune" the ride height and ride/handling characteristics. Like in adjustable Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Camber/Caster Plates, Control Arms, Toe Links, Suspension Bushings, etc. I personally went the full on suspension mod approach targeted for aggressive street, and run with BC/ER's, and have run like this for 5+ years.
There are trade offs in suspension mods - stiffer ride and more NVH. So increased NVH deteriorates the ride comfort of vehicles, and stands for Noise (squeal), Vibration, and Harshness (vibrations generated by irregularities of road-surfaces).
That aside, maybe one does not want to stray too far from stock for a daily driver cause the ride quality can become unpleasant.
My car is NOT a daily driver, and I am OK with the trade offs. It still rides OK, and handles like a beast. It took some tuning with the BC/ER dual settings, but I settled in on stiffer adjustments (16+ for both), as that reduced any "bounce" characteristics over lousy roads (like everything here in Michigan), and also reduced clunky noises which I found at the lower settings.
Ride Tech, Pedders, BC's, Detroit Speed - all have some good stuff. Stay away from the cheap C/O's.
Attached Images

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #6
Bigdumogre

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Thanks everyone so far. Like everything here it’s up to personal preference. I do daily my car pretty much but my daily ride is about 4 miles round trip to the train station and back lol. On the weekends I do camaro cruises and racing.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - CSP Custom Cam 232/240 .615/.615 113 +3, Texas speed CNC heads, FTI billet triple disc converter, K&N cai, Katech ported TB, GPI Ported/rod modded manifold, Texas speed 1 7/8 headers, HFC, Flowmaster 2 chambers with x pipe, Mishimoto CC, MSD wires, Roto fab washer relocation, tru cool 40k trans cooler, apex scoop, Pedders extreme coil overs and much more!!
Bigdumogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:42 PM   #7
Lnch Mny

Drives: IBM Camaro
Something else to think about.... the BC I think you have to drill a hole in the trunk to adjust the rear shocks. I went pedders and you have to drill a hole in the hat the shock connect to in the rear. I can take pics if you want. I think if I could go back I would have gone KW. Just my opinion.
Lnch Mny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 09:29 PM   #8
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Bilsteins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote