Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
Would this be tacky...?

Next to the SS badge on the back of the Camaro 1LE, I would like to see "1LE" in black letter stickers or similar. Something to denote the special package along with the wheels, splitter, hood, and spoiler in black. What do you think?

Also, I have kind of switched camps here. Why? I've been following the Boss 302 for a while, but now the 1LE has got my attention. The 1LE has Brembo brakes front and rear, not just on the front like the Boss. The 1LE has the Tremec transmission from the ZL1, the Boss has the Chinese made 6 speed same as the GT with suspect reliability in my opinion (from much reading). It appears early on that the 1LE will be a bit faster around road courses as GM seems to have done a good job with the suspension, tire and wheel package. This is more important to me than straight line performance. The telescoping ZL1 microfiber steering wheel and shifter are very nice changes to make the interior of the Camaro more inviting.

On top of all that, the Boss 302 will sticker for well over $44,000 with the Recaro seat and Torsen differential package. I understand it will be difficult to get one under MSRP as it is a limited production model. Ford will not do X plan or supplier pricing on it. So the Camaro 1LE 1SS with dual mode exhaust in silver, please, at invoice (as one local dealer has written out for me) will be what, more than $8,000 less exspensive! That will pay for insurance and buy lots of tires and brake pads an gas and beer. This is a no brainer for me, which is good because my wife thinks sometimes I have no brain.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
First of all, welcome to the site!

Ha ha, I like your comment about the no brainer. Made me laugh.

Personally, I'm not a fan of overbadging cars or extra badges period. I just like the clean smooth look personally but hey, do whatever you like to your car and make it YOURS.

Mine will have the black spoiler and hood wrap removed and custom stripes painted on it along with ZL1 side skirts so mine will be different yet ha ha.

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Welcome to Camaro5. Skip the extra badges, let the car speak for itself.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
First off congrats. The boss is a sick car, but the price difference really makes it a no brainer. As far as badges, get the 1 and the L from the zl1 badge and buy the E. Somebody on this forum already did it and had someone make a nice E.

I am going to debage the car but am thinking of a 1le badge on the trunk instead off ss. We'll see.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Welcome to C5 and taking Camaro for a spin...hopefully it will be what you expect it to be and more and Chevy will have gained a new customer.

In regards to your question whether it would be tacky, I'm going to say this...you will see people badge there car with the SS/RS symbol on the trunk and that is acceptable, even though with just the SS letters in red that indicate it has the RS package.

Now if you have the RS package with your car and your SS symbol is red, and you add the blacked out /1LE symbol, will you end up blacking out the "SS" too? Now you want people to know you have an RS package, so are you going to have this "SS/RS/1LE" on the back of the trunk? That may be too much.

What if you went with just "1LE" in the corner and put the "SS" where the bowtie is, or leave the SS where it is and put "1LE" either under "Camaro" on the fenders or in place of. Or you could just leave well enough alone, and keep the others guessing.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
You could put the 1LE on the sides only or where the square GM badge used to be.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
I'm taking everything off of mine the day I get it! The Camaro lettering on the fenders; the RS off of the grill, the SS off of the rear and anywhere else they dare try to sneak on there.......NAKED!

IMO, when it comes to badging...I think less is more, and by less I mean NONE. NAKED!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I'm taking everything off of mine the day I get it! The Camaro lettering on the fenders; the RS off of the grill, the SS off of the rear and anywhere else they dare try to sneak on there.......NAKED!

IMO, when it comes to badging...I think less is more, and by less I mean NONE. NAKED!
Attached Images

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
natmad

Drives: WTB '16 1SS Magride NPP Recaros 6m
Thanks for the welcome... I had a '79 Z28 in college and a '95 Z28 when my son was a toddler... an '86 Mustang GT (my first new car) and an '88 Mustang GT with a broken roof, or convertible if you prefer, round out my American muscle car experience. All manuals but for the first one and it did not have limited slip as it should have. Two black stripes are better than one. Like Lay's chips, you can't have just one.

The other day I went for a test drive in a '13 Camaro SS 6 speed so it would be as close to the 1LE as possible with the new steering wheel and interior and electronic power steering and whatever else is new since ' 11 or '12. Oh, it had the dual mode exhaust and it sounded really nice, a must have. I found a good driving position in a nicely bolstered sport seat and the peddles allowed me to heel and toe rev match downshifts as I always do while driving slow or blasting through the Tail of the Dragon. I liked the positive feel of the Tremec tranny and I'm sure it will be even better with the 1LE's shorter shifts. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the size, weight, and view of the road were not a problem as some auto writers have barfed from their keyboard. A little less size and weight wouldn't hurt most cars, but it's no Challenger either (no offense meant to that fine looking car).

Soooo... it appears that if I wait until April, my 17 year old son and car nut (he got that from me) will have one year of driving experience and insurance costs will be considerably less. That's my plan, so don't nobody try and change my mind, ya hear.
natmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
dirkdoesdirt

Drives: 2010 Silverado, Ordered 1LE
I heard one guy was going to put the "1LE" badging he got on the sides of the hood bulge like a ZL1. That would seem discreet enough in my thinking rather than the plastering of rs/ss/1le across the back.
In the end, this is what makes all of our cars independent. They're all the same out of the box but what do we do....customize as soon as we get home to our way of thinking.
Love this forum. Started following Camaro5 once I made the decision to get a 2012 Camaro. My dealer didn't have any in stock so I started looking around and we were close enough to the 2013's and I liked the improvements that I decided to wait for the 1LE. I put my order in as soon as they accepted them but cancelled it when I found out the car wont arrive til the snow is on the ground. Couldn't see loosing 6 months of warranty just storing the car. My order is in the system but sitting on hold til I give the go ahead which will be around Jan/Feb.
I had my 1LE badging made up and its my first mod but no car yet!! lol. Great forum and lots of good opinions.
dirkdoesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote