Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM   #43
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
When your dealer get's a vin they will have to do a vin Incentive look up for you. That will tell them 100% what then can and can't do.
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #44
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
IMHO Dealers should honor the Employee discount from the start for qualifying people. The supplier discount should not be honored until a later date. The Employee discount should be honored because those people work/worked for GM and directly supported GM. It would be a nice way for dealers to recognize the effort those people put forth to make GM a good company and allowed the dealers to have something to sell. Not to mention that it was/is part of that employees compensation package. The small hit that dealers will take wont really effect them because most of the sales of this car will not be to GM employees. I would gather that about 13-15% of the total sales of this car will go to GM employees. The dealers would benefit by having more of these great cars out on the road where word of mouth can get out about where they were purchased. If it isnt honored then those same employee will be saying "Yeah I will get it as soon as the DEALER honors MY employee discount." or they might not say anything because the they wont have a car to trigger the conversation. It is a sad thing when greed takes over to the detriment of the greater whole. The numbers will should speak for themselves.
I would challenge any dealer to take their total sales for the last year or two and report them and then take the number of sales with GM employee discount sales (not supplier discount sales) of the same period and report them. Then take a look at what percent of the total sales were GM Employee sales. I would bet that the difference in the bottom line would not be enough to really hurt most dealers. In fact I would suggest that a great many of the Employee discounted sales would not have happened if they didnt get the discount and a few of the normals sales would not have happened either.

I can appreciate the dealers wanting to make as much money as they can but I feel that by not allowing qualified customers to have their Employee Discount it will be detrimental to their long term ability to make a great income and become a viable part of the community.

:-)
I think your post is a stretch. It is not greedy to get msrp for a great car. Last summer people where paying sticker for Hondas when gas was up. They did not take GMS on the ZO6 for a long time. I would rather have the 34 non GMS people who ordered from my dealership have the car first telling everyone else how much they love it. I saw the thread about the first Camaros delivered those people are happy and will talk up the car to anyone who will listen and that is great!
espo19047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #45
Kvapil28

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
We have alot of GMS customers at our dealership. We are 15 minutes away from the former Tahoe plant in Janesville. That really stinks I have alot of friend who did a great job down there and are now out of jobs. Thank You for all the years of hard work Janesville GM Employees
Kvapil28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #46
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo19047 View Post
I think your post is a stretch. It is not greedy to get msrp for a great car. Last summer people where paying sticker for Hondas when gas was up. They did not take GMS on the ZO6 for a long time. I would rather have the 34 non GMS people who ordered from my dealership have the car first telling everyone else how much they love it. I saw the thread about the first Camaros delivered those people are happy and will talk up the car to anyone who will listen and that is great!
Your absolutely right about it not being greed to get msrp for a great car. But I am not referring to the Suppliers discount at all. But I am referring to the true employee discount that is part of the GM employees compensation for working Directly for GM. This is in the same docs that come with their GM pension plan. But it is greed not to honor a GM employees discount. (respectfully said BTW)

I am sure you would rather have 38 people telling other about how good of an experience they had buying their car from your dealership than having 34 non GMS people telling everyone else how much they love it and 4 GM workers bad mouthing your dealership because you didnt honor their GM EMPLOYEE discounts (not the supplier discount).

I still would challenge any dealer to do the above and prove to themselves that indeed to give the GM employee discount (not the suppliers discount), to those who are entitled, isnt as bad to the bottom line as they believe or want us to believe. It would in fact net you the ability to move a few more units through your dealership and prove to keep positive relation with the community.

P.S I think the biggest problem is that a lot of salesmen (dealerships) use the GM Employees discount and the GM suppliers discount in the same context even though they are vastly different. BTW that is why I keep stressing the difference.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM   #47
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvapil28 View Post
We have alot of GMS customers at our dealership. We are 15 minutes away from the former Tahoe plant in Janesville. That really stinks I have alot of friend who did a great job down there and are now out of jobs. Thank You for all the years of hard work Janesville GM Employees

IMHO those individuals deserve the GM Employee discount (not suppliers discount) when they buy a GM car if it was part of their separation agreement.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #48
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
When it comes to the Stimulus Car Sales Tax REBATE, do I ask the dealer to give it to me with my GMS discount?????

Or how do I go about getting this?? Heard it was around $2000.....
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #49
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
we are honoring GMS.

as for other rebates and discounts...this car is a GREAT value as it stands.
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote