Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #71
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
as long as i don't have to go on a diet....
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #72
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I love how all the 1LE guys are crazy about engine mods yet nobody is talking about stripping the car or getting more weight out!

1/2 fuel tank max, low washer fluid, and lots of stuff out of the car = -100-150lbs oh yeah, now we're talkin'.
don't forget the rear seat delete mod.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #73
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
I love how all the 1LE guys are crazy about engine mods yet nobody is talking about stripping the car or getting more weight out!

1/2 fuel tank max, low washer fluid, and lots of stuff out of the car = -100-150lbs oh yeah, now we're talkin'.
If a quart of washer fluid is gonna help me pull on a 1000HP GT-R, then I'll worry about it. I'm not on Pinks. This will be my everyday boosted V8. I'll do the BASIC weight reduction mods when I go to the track but otherwise not concerned. I get your point but WITHOUT those "engine mods"...I'd have to cut the entire trunk off of the car and gut the entire car to get into the 11's and STILL might not get there through weight reduction. LOL Bolt ons and a tune is where its at for those of us not concerned with finding those extra .08 on the strip. Disclaimer....I'm no pro but I've put easily 180-200 passes at the strip in my DD's test n tunes and appx 60 passes 12.50 bracket racing. For a DD, those extra few lbs don't mean sh*t to me on the roads. Track IS a little different though and I agree with that
Old 08-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #74
Rob@WretchedMS

funny short story for everyone,

At the drag strip with the wife, she wanted to go for a ride, so i took her, then she wanted to go again. So i took her again, and again, and again. you get the idea.

Coming up to the last run of the night, air was cool, looked like a good time for a run, she wanted to go again, and i said..........
I want to run alone, any extra weight will slow the car down, and affect the time.....

ya, i said it,
didn't go well, lol
Old 08-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #75
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post

At the drag strip with the wife, she wanted to go for a ride, so i took her, then she wanted to go again. So i took her again, and again, and again. you get the idea.

Coming up to the last run of the night, air was cool, looked like a good time for a run, she wanted to go again, and i said..........
I want to run alone, any extra weight will slow the car down, and affect the time.....

ya, i said it,
didn't go well, lol
BWAH HA HA HA. Women You'd think they'd understand. Props for letting her in even ONCE. My default answer: I don't have another helmet, darn!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #76
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
sweet! your move ford!!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #77
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

ya, i said it,
didn't go well, lol
Ha. My dad got some noise complaints from his HOA about his motorcycle exhaust. At the next meeting he apologized and said it's really only loud when my mom is riding with him, due to the increased RPMs. Didn't go well for him either.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #78
Rob@WretchedMS

lol
Old 08-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #79
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:

ya, i said it,
didn't go well, lol
Old 08-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #80
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Joe, another Pulitzer Prize-deserving report...well-done, as always!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:16 PM   #81
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
If a quart of washer fluid is gonna help me pull on a 1000HP GT-R, then I'll worry about it. I'm not on Pinks. This will be my everyday boosted V8. I'll do the BASIC weight reduction mods when I go to the track but otherwise not concerned. I get your point but WITHOUT those "engine mods"...I'd have to cut the entire trunk off of the car and gut the entire car to get into the 11's and STILL might not get there through weight reduction. LOL Bolt ons and a tune is where its at for those of us not concerned with finding those extra .08 on the strip. Disclaimer....I'm no pro but I've put easily 180-200 passes at the strip in my DD's test n tunes and appx 60 passes 12.50 bracket racing. For a DD, those extra few lbs don't mean sh*t to me on the roads. Track IS a little different though and I agree with that

For every 100 lbs reduction you'll lose a tenth in the 1/4. Yeah only .10.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #82
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

I'm not going out of my way to reduce a ton of weight to save the equivalent of an eye blink on the track. Simple and obvious ones sure!
If I was THAT worried about weight.... I wouldn't be going from a 2,970lb Cobalt to what will feel like a 70 ton tank.
Some on here will take it that serious, not THIS GUY :P
Old 08-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #83
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I'm not going out of my way to reduce a ton of weight to save the equivalent of an eye blink on the track. Simple and obvious ones sure!
If I was THAT worried about weight.... I wouldn't be going from a 2,970lb Cobalt to what will feel like a 70 ton tank.
Some on here will take it that serious, not THIS GUY :P
So when you get your 1LE, you'll driving a car 1,000 pounds heavier than your current car. But you will also have 100+ hp to deal with also, so maybe not that big of a difference. Not.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #84
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
So when you get your 1LE, you'll driving a car 1,000 pounds heavier than your current car. But you will also have 100+ hp to deal with also, so maybe not that big of a difference. Not.
Not really because I'm boosting it, with headers intake high flow cats and tuning. From what I've seen that should put me around 540 to 570 wheel horsepower easily
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote