Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #449
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Didnt get to make it to the gym today. Had a few things that needed to be taken care around the house. I was to lazy to do them this weekend
Old 03-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #450
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
It doesn't matter what you can do in the machine, you may be able to bench the same without it, maybe not, but if you want to build your bench press, you have to bench press and free weights are the best choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Ok I'll do that!
And if you want to take that approach you can. You will make progress (not as much as you could) but there will come a time when it will start to be very minimal.....

If you really want to increase your bench, the triceps must be the strongest muscle group and you need to train them with real weight....ie don't be doing f'n kickbacks with 10 lbs....your triceps can handle a ton but most never push them. This along with a strong upper back and rear delts is the key to a big bench....

But most people go in do a million chest exercises and neglect the ones just mentioned or minimally train them.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 AM   #451
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Didnt get to make it to the gym today. Had a few things that needed to be taken care around the house. I was to lazy to do them this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
And if you want to take that approach you can. You will make progress (not as much as you could) but there will come a time when it will start to be very minimal.....

If you really want to increase your bench, the triceps must be the strongest muscle group and you need to train them with real weight....ie don't be doing f'n kickbacks with 10 lbs....your triceps can handle a ton but most never push them. This along with a strong upper back and rear delts is the key to a big bench....

But most people go in do a million chest exercises and neglect the ones just mentioned or minimally train them.
That I know, pretty much every trainer point that out... for great bench gains! But I not looking to go overboard, for now I want to see myself do 10 reps with 225 free weights... that will make me happy!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #452
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:

That I know, pretty much every trainer point that out... for great bench gains! But I not looking to go overboard, for now I want to see myself do 10 reps with 225 free weights... that will make me happy!
I know I'm slacking I will more than make up for it tonight.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:19 PM   #453
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Well hit that invisible wall today. Have been feeling really bummed that after 7 weeks I have yet to lose a single lb. I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that crap but I was hoping to finally be under 200 after th 2 months of insanity and unless somehow I magically lose 9lbs in the next two weeks I don't see that happening. Just sucks that the friend I am doing it with is down 5lbs. Also seems that my measurements haven't been changing as much and it is really making me discouraged. So discouraged in fact that I only did half of today's workout. Also doesn't help that I tweaked my back/shoulder the other day and have been having some pain. I feel a little better after taking a pic after I showered and put it next to the pic I took from day 1 so maybe that will give me the confidence I need to finish out these two weeks. It is just annoying seeing all these success stories and all these ripped people who lose insane weight after doing insanity and here I am weighing the same I did as day 1.
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #454
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Well hit that invisible wall today. Have been feeling really bummed that after 7 weeks I have yet to lose a single lb. I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that crap but I was hoping to finally be under 200 after th 2 months of insanity and unless somehow I magically lose 9lbs in the next two weeks I don't see that happening. Just sucks that the friend I am doing it with is down 5lbs. Also seems that my measurements haven't been changing as much and it is really making me discouraged. So discouraged in fact that I only did half of today's workout. Also doesn't help that I tweaked my back/shoulder the other day and have been having some pain. I feel a little better after taking a pic after I showered and put it next to the pic I took from day 1 so maybe that will give me the confidence I need to finish out these two weeks. It is just annoying seeing all these success stories and all these ripped people who lose insane weight after doing insanity and here I am weighing the same I did as day 1.
Kevin you need to understand something, that program works when you follow everything EXACTLY! How they said... especially the diet, you need to be a Slave of that workout to see a quick transformation, personally I don't like those quick changes, you can get sick, hurt yourself and after you done if you don't continue you'll be back the same way again... just keep exercising! On the long run you will see the change in your body!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #455
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Progress is progress even if its not quick. If you feel like you're hitting a wall try some HIIT (sprints, 100 burpees for time) or something new to change it up.

Quote:
Kevin you need to understand something, that program works when you follow everything EXACTLY! How they said... especially the diet, you need to be a Slave of that workout to see a quick transformation, personally I don't like those quick changes, you can get sick, hurt yourself and after you done if you don't continue you'll be back the same way again... just keep exercising! On the long run you will see the change in your body!
I agree. Changes dont usually come quickly and when they do sometimes they have consequences.

Just dial in your nutrition, work hard and try adding in something new here and there and see if that doesn't make things budge.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #456
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
I pick heavy things up, and set them back down.

bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:32 PM   #457
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
i have never seen so much nonsense in my entire life, please do not listen to most of these people. I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, lots of myths in this thread...it is amazing that people are saying carbs will drive your weight up or don't eat bread that is utter bs.

If you are cutting you don't change to lighter weights higher reps....another myth, your meals don't have to be 100% clean who likes to eat tilapia and chicken all day.....

EXERCISE
to anyone trying to cut weight here is what you need to do. Since most of you are beginners you need to start a full body, weight routine. One that I like is AllPros seen here
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423
On your off days (4 days per week) do cardio....

NUTRITION
as far as nutrition you want to calculate your BMR
do that here http://www.calculatorpro.com/calcula...mr-calculator/

Once you find your BMR (that is how many calories your body burns if you laid in bed all day, how much your body uses just to be living)
you need to multiply it depending on your life style
This Activity Factor is the TOTAL cost of living, NOT JUST TRAINING. If you train 1 hr a day - CONSIDER WHAT YOU DO THE OTHER 23 HRS! It includes work, life activities, training/sport & the TEF of ~15% (an average mixed diet).
Average activity variables are:
1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, and Little Formal Exercise)
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week)
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)
1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)

After that you will get another number, take this number and multiply it by .20%, now subtract

EX
I get 1500 BMR....I am moderately active so 1500 x 1.5 that gives me 2,250 THIS IS MY MAINTENANCE!!! Meaning I would stay the same weight if i maintained a moderately active lifestyle if i ate 2,250 calories a day. But since we want to lose weight we take 2,250 x .20 that is 450.

2,250 (maintanance) - 450
1800 calories per day to lose weight

Now that we know our calories we are going to make a http://www.myfitnesspal.com account (this is to track calories)
Here's what your diet should consist of
Protein- 1g per pound, 150lbs person needs 150 grams a day
Fats- FATS ARE NOT THE DEVIL, JUST LIKE CARBS! .45g per pound 150lbs person would need 67.5 grams

The remaining calories you can eat WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!!

what does this mean? YES you can eat that pizza, eat that bread. you can eat that candy....AS LONG as it fits in your calories you can eat it! This also means you can eat it at ANY time you want, you have some calories left before bed, you want a pb & j sandwich...EAT IT! your body doesn't magically shut off when you go to sleep. Also post workout nutrition is irrelevant, as long as you get the 1g of protein per pound you are FINE!!!! It comes down to moderation and portion control

This applies to women and men, Women should train no different then men, and no women don't get bulky if they lift weights

This is called If it fits in your Macros or IIFYM, google it. Proven time and time again to be mentally beneficial to people, eating clean mostly just develops bad relationships with food.

below is my transformation
Attached Images

Last edited by stt816; 03-11-2014 at 04:10 PM.
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #458
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post

That is so hot!

Good job and good for you

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #459
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post

Dam girl! This bunny is a bad @$$ bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
i have never seen so much nonsense in my entire life, please do not listen to most of these people. I am a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, lots of myths in this thread...it is amazing that people are saying carbs will drive your weight up or don't eat bread that is utter bs.

If you are cutting you don't change to lighter weights higher reps....another myth, your meals don't have to be 100% clean who likes to eat tilapia and chicken all day.....

EXERCISE
to anyone trying to cut weight here is what you need to do. Since most of you are beginners you need to start a full body, weight routine. One that I like is AllPros seen here
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155009423
On your off days (4 days per week) do cardio....

NUTRITION
as far as nutrition you want to calculate your BMR
do that here http://www.calculatorpro.com/calcula...mr-calculator/

Once you find your BMR (that is how many calories your body burns if you laid in bed all day, how much your body uses just to be living)
you need to multiply it depending on your life style
This Activity Factor is the TOTAL cost of living, NOT JUST TRAINING. If you train 1 hr a day - CONSIDER WHAT YOU DO THE OTHER 23 HRS! It includes work, life activities, training/sport & the TEF of ~15% (an average mixed diet).
Average activity variables are:
1.2 = Sedentary (Desk job, and Little Formal Exercise)
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Light daily activity AND light exercise 1-3 days a week)
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately daily Activity & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise 6-7 days a week)
1.9-2.2 = Extremely Active (Athlete in ENDURANCE training or VERY HARD physical job)

After that you will get another number, take this number and multiply it by .20%, now subtract

EX
I get 1500 BMR....I am moderately active so 1500 x 1.5 that gives me 2,250 THIS IS MY MAINTENANCE!!! Meaning I would stay the same weight if i maintained a moderately active lifestyle if i ate 2,250 calories a day. But since we want to lose weight we take 2,250 x .20 that is 450.

2,250 (maintanance) - 450
1800 calories per day to lose weight

Now that we know our calories we are going to make a http://www.myfitnesspal.com account (this is to track calories)
Here's what your diet should consist of
Protein- 1g per pound, 150lbs person needs 150 grams a day
Fats- FATS ARE NOT THE DEVIL, JUST LIKE CARBS! .45g per pound 150lbs person would need 67.5 grams

The remaining calories you can eat WHATEVER YOU WANT AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!!!

what does this mean? YES you can eat that pizza, eat that bread. you can eat that candy....AS LONG as it fits in your calories you can eat it! This also means you can eat it at ANY time you want, you have some calories left before bed, you want a pb & j sandwich...EAT IT! your body doesn't magically shut off when you go to sleep. Also post workout nutrition is irrelevant, as long as you get the 1g of protein per pound you are FINE!!!! It comes down to moderation and portion control

This applies to women and men, Women should train no different then men, and no women don't get bulky if they lift weights

This is called If it fits in your Macros or IIFYM, google it. Proven time and time again to be mentally beneficial to people, eating clean mostly just develops bad relationships with food.

below is my transformation
very interesting information! And I really appreciate that you took some time to clarify couple points of view! I just have one request, please respect everybody's opinion, if you believe that someone is giving a wrong information in a respectful way you let it know... That's the main reason for this thread, help people like me that are having hard time to get in shape...
Old 03-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #460
stt816

there is a difference between opinions and science
While i do respect opinions on different ways of training, I do not respect people putting out false information about nutrition out there...my post might of sounded a little harsh but i am very passionate about this, as it is my job, and my life
Old 03-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #461
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Legs for me tonight!

I've been dropping weight lately. Not good, looks like I am going to make a few adjustments. I have a target weight I would like to get up to, and I am going the other direction
Old 03-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #462
stt816

dznts, if you'd like to gain weight (bulking) just do the same as above but instead of subtracting .20.....add .10....that will put you in a slow bulk, you should gain around .5lbs a week to minimize fat gains....