Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #519
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
The apple picture is absolutely the DUMBEST health picture I've ever seen. Apples are made up of chemicals. Bleach is made up of chemicals too. So obviously the chemicals matter, not the fact that there are some

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #520
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
refeeds you are being strict again that means your diet goes up to maintenance calories...macros are mostly carbs, eating low fat lean meats and as low as you can go with the fats

this is a PLANNED strategic day where you carb up to increase leptin, this gives you a break mentally and physically....

however CHEAT days do nothing but mentally give you a break from your diet. You are not limited to anything and most people over-do it. This would not have to be done if you did IIFYM
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #521
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
CFD, I see where you're coming from. I still don't think people know what they are putting in their body regardless of how they are trying. For example, if you eat peanut butter, do you measure it? How do you know what ratio of those proteins and fats got into your body. Until someone is tracking what they eat they can say they are eating whatever ratio of this to that they want, its all anecdotal. Get a food scale and use all your measuring equipment (we have 3 sets of measuring spoons and cups because they are in constant use).

I weigh and measure everything I eat except on my "cheat day" which is every Saturday. Yes, I have a set cheat day when I can drink a few beers and maybe eat a wing or 2. It kills my need for the junk the rest of the week. There is a lot written on the benefits of planned cheat meals and days.
You have to keep a log for those exact reasons. I don't keep a log anymore unless I'm bulking or cutting, I pretty much eat the same foods every day and all my meals are measured and prepared in advance.

Often the problem is that little piece of this or a bite of that in between meals or gauging how much of something you're eating/adding , or hidden ingredients in your foods. Keeping an ACCURATE food log is needed other wise you're just guessing.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #522
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
refeeds you are being strict again that means your diet goes up to maintenance calories...macros are mostly carbs, eating low fat lean meats and as low as you can go with the fats

this is a PLANNED strategic day where you carb up to increase leptin, this gives you a break mentally and physically....

however CHEAT days do nothing but mentally give you a break from your diet. You are not limited to anything and most people over-do it. This would not have to be done if you did IIFYM

When I suggest cheat days I usually say they are the same as regular days but higher calories but if someone wants a slice of pie for desert or is going out with the guys a couple of beers is fine as long as you don't go crazy. If you're going to cheat and most will this allows it in a controlled manner as well as providing the extra cals needed to re-fuel at a time when the least harmful to your goals. I don't know about you but I want to enjoy myself now and then.

It wouldn't have to be done if following IIFYM because you're eating the so called cheat foods anytime you want and you think one planned day will lead to over-doing-it. lol.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM   #523
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I personally think you guys are all wrong, and all right. Seems we are applying different goals to different 'diets'. ie, I want to be huge, massive, swole, well you need to eat clean, 3 meals a day. This will make you have that IBBF Pro card within a year. Or I need to drop 30 lbs, well, you can eat your allotment of calories however way you want them, I suggest pizza and whoppers.

A calorie is a calorie. Maybe on the outside, but how your body processes that calorie is very different. Based on a calorie is a calorie, not one person would gain weight drinking calorie free soda, or Diet Coke. Well, let's just put that crap to bed right now, we know that is NOT true.

So it seems we get some of the truth, but not the facts behind it. So I will stick to my, you are both right and wrong. Also, each person is unique, their metabolism is unique, and how they process food is unique, and is always changing.

Let's also ask the pro bodybuilder heavyweights if timing of meals are important. Because every little man in the gym trying to gain size 'wants' to be like that. They may not admit it, but they want to be huge and strong for many different reasons.

That goal may not be for everyone, again, we are right and wrong at the same time. All depends on your goals and what you want to do with your body. We cannot just put a gray blanket on 'diet' and apply to everyone. It doesn't work that way.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #524
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I personally think you guys are all wrong, and all right. Seems we are applying different goals to different 'diets'. ie, I want to be huge, massive, swole, well you need to eat clean, 3 meals a day. This will make you have that IBBF Pro card within a year. Or I need to drop 30 lbs, well, you can eat your allotment of calories however way you want them, I suggest pizza and whoppers.

A calorie is a calorie. Maybe on the outside, but how your body processes that calorie is very different. Based on a calorie is a calorie, not one person would gain weight drinking calorie free soda, or Diet Coke. Well, let's just put that crap to bed right now, we know that is NOT true.

So it seems we get some of the truth, but not the facts behind it. So I will stick to my, you are both right and wrong. Also, each person is unique, their metabolism is unique, and how they process food is unique, and is always changing.

Let's also ask the pro bodybuilder heavyweights if timing of meals are important. Because every little man in the gym trying to gain size 'wants' to be like that. They may not admit it, but they want to be huge and strong for many different reasons.

That goal may not be for everyone, again, we are right and wrong at the same time. All depends on your goals and what you want to do with your body. We cannot just put a gray blanket on 'diet' and apply to everyone. It doesn't work that way.
This is true, this thread is about body transformation, geared towards fat loss as a primary goal with gains in muscle mass. Most of the recommendations I make are geared for that, obviously some of us are not in that category so have different goals and at some point others may strive for new goals. Also as stated, everyone is different, thus the importance of logging everything so that if something doesn't work or not as efficiently as wanted, educated adjustments can be made. If you don't know how much of what you are eating how can you make the right adjustments? By further guessing?
Old 03-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #525
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
This is true, this thread is about body transformation, geared towards fat loss as a primary goal with gains in muscle mass. Most of the recommendations I make are geared for that, obviously some of us are not in that category so have different goals and at some point others may strive for new goals. Also as stated, everyone is different, thus the importance of logging everything so that if something doesn't work or not as efficiently as wanted, educated adjustments can be made. If you don't know how much of what you are eating how can you make the right adjustments? By further guessing?
True story here CFD.

Guy stops me in the gym, complaining he cannot gain any weight, and he is eating all day long. I asked him to write down his meals and I would gladly help him out. A couple weeks goes by, I see him, he keeps complaining about not gaining. Finally, he brings in a list of his meals for two straight days. I look at it, look at him, look at it, look at him and ask him again what his goals were. He replied "get big, gain muscle and size". I handed him his list and told him his meals were perfect if he was a high school cheerleader.

In his head, 'eating all day long' include a pack of crackers, some chips, a candy bar, an actual turkey sandwich, and little junk food items.

But in his mind, he was eating all day long, and could not figure out why he couldn't gain. It was a lot of education needed, but he finally got it.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #526
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
True story here CFD.

Guy stops me in the gym, complaining he cannot gain any weight, and he is eating all day long. I asked him to write down his meals and I would gladly help him out. A couple weeks goes by, I see him, he keeps complaining about not gaining. Finally, he brings in a list of his meals for two straight days. I look at it, look at him, look at it, look at him and ask him again what his goals were. He replied "get big, gain muscle and size". I handed him his list and told him his meals were perfect if he was a high school cheerleader.

In his head, 'eating all day long' include a pack of crackers, some chips, a candy bar, an actual turkey sandwich, and little junk food items.

But in his mind, he was eating all day long, and could not figure out why he couldn't gain. It was a lot of education needed, but he finally got it.
People are clueless sometimes. lol I've seen it in the various threads here as well. People eating what the think is the right amount for their goals and are so far off sometimes, when I first started going from fat loss to muscle gains I was surprised at how much food I needed to eat to gain mass. On the other hand people looking to loose body fat usually underestimate how much they actually are eating. It's backwards. lol

I've got a good friend who is as strong as an ox. He was the owner-operator of a small tree company, he would grab logs and toss them on his truck like nothing, I'm talking real logs, stumps you name it.

He recently had a heart attack, he is diabetic and has a huge gut. He just started lifting weights, he knows how into it I am and showed me his routine, it's all light weights, as many reps as he can as fast as he can, no control, no form, upper body only. I tried to give him some pointers on his form and how he is working out in general. He's a thick headed P%$CK and says it's how he worked out when he wrestled in high school but now his legs are strong so he doesn't need to work them. He took off his shirt to show me his progress and I said Billy, what about your F$c%ING gut, he hits it and says it's hard as a rock because of my ab muscles. I told him it's hard because of the fat and it's the worst kind of fat possible, abs have several small muscles not one big one. He completely canned the eating guidelines the doctors gave him and eats all the crap you can imagine, I said you're always eating carbs, what about your protein, his answer, I get tons of protein, I eat hamburger every day. When I give him tips on nutrition his answer is, I know you're right but what I'm doing works as good. I want to slap him but he can kick my ass. lol
Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #527
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
How things are... there's people that spend time and money trying to lose weight, when there's others that spend time and money getting weight! CFD is right, the main purpose of this thread is to learn how lose weight, but specifically the people who had trouble getting in there desire shape, some wants to lose weight, others to look fit and others be more stronger... whatever is your goal I want you to come in here an feel confident to ask questions and know that you not alone in this but most important...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #528
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack
http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack/ec-dosages

Although I think most people do not need this here, and would focus much more on diet...
ec stack is the only thing i would recommend for weight loss supplements. It is also dirt cheap
EC stands for Ephedrine Caffeine
this does not replace a bad diet, understand that

ephedrine was banned in the US because people were making drugs out of it...now the way to get it is through a bronchodilator. You can pick up bronkaid at any cvs/walgreens....then you get caffeine pills or coffee, the link above shows the schedule

it is generally seen as safe if you are healthy and follow the dosages

Do not use if you have been diagnosed with any of the following

high blood pressure, hypertension or prehypertension
diabetes or prediabetes
anxiety disorders, especially if you are on an SSRI, SNRI or MAOI
any cardiovascular disease, angina, coronary heart disease, coronary artery disease
hyperthyroidism
heart palpitations or heart defects, tachyarrhythmias
kidney problems, impaired adrenal function, hypoxia, hypercapnia, acidosis
closed angle glaucoma, phaeochromocytoma, asymmetric septal hypertrophy (idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis), or ventricular fibrillation.

also you want a gender specific multivitamin and fish oil....most other supplements are trash

of course consult with your doctor before beginning any supplement
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:34 PM   #529
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Yup, my approach is different my ultimate goals are similar as Monchy's. I am trying to lose the fat that covers the body that women love and men fear. Once I am at a point that my bodyfat is in a good spot I can begin the building of the temple. I have a hard time believing that I can both feed my muscles and starve my fat in a way that I would drop the fat in the manner I need to.

Oh, and for the record, I don't eat any "diet" foods or diet pop. Nor do I eat HFCS.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #530
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
I have a personal trainer and nutritionist that prepared my meal plan.
Main thing to remember is eat clean and Train dirty, there are different needs for what you are trying to achieve!

Important thing to remember this is the internet...
take what you want and leave the rest... different stroke for different folks!
Old 03-12-2014, 04:47 PM   #531
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack/ec-dosages

ec stack is the only thing i would recommend for weight loss supplements
this does not replace a bad diet, understand that

also you want a multivitamin and fish oil....most other supplements are trash

of course consult with your doctor before beginning any supplement
The ECA stack is probably the only real weight loss supplement proven to work. The aspirin part of the stack doesn't seem to be a key ingredient so it's now EC. When it first came out Hydroxicut was basically an EC stack but it was banned by the gov. Buying Efedrine over the counter is somewhat of a problem because of it's abuse plus the fact it can be used in making meth. You can still get it but usually have to ask and it's not pure ephedrine, it usually is known by brand names such as Bronkaid. etc. The thing with it as well as some of the current weight loss formulars is that it's not pure ephedrine , the other ingredients lessen it's usefulness. It can be purchased on line but you must read the descriptions well because some use forms of efedra that are not potent and pure efedrine is banned for sale depending on the state.

The EC stack works through thermogenesis, do I recommend it, that's tough, there have been cases of health problems but it's unclear if they are because of the stack or abuse. Have I used it? yes, did I have any ill effects? NO. Did it make a difference? Not sure, I was very successful at fat loss well beyond me discontinuing the stack.

My suggestion, eat right and work hard, don't waste money on weight loss supplements when all it takes is proper nutrition and exercise.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #532
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
Yup, my approach is different my ultimate goals are similar as Monchy's. I am trying to lose the fat that covers the body that women love and men fear. Once I am at a point that my bodyfat is in a good spot I can begin the building of the temple. I have a hard time believing that I can both feed my muscles and starve my fat in a way that I would drop the fat in the manner I need to.

Oh, and for the record, I don't eat any "diet" foods or diet pop. Nor do I eat HFCS.
no diets here either... I'm making progress is slow but I can see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
I have a personal trainer and nutritionist that prepared my meal plan.
Main thing to remember is eat clean and Train dirty, there are different needs for what you are trying to achieve!

Important thing to remember this is the internet...
take what you want and leave the rest... different stroke for different folks!
I like how you think!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote