Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Being a young Floridian as well (20). Save up for the 6.2L, I traded my 2010 V6 for my my LS3 about a week ago and love it! I just changed the aesthetics on the LLT and saved so much money doing so. I hope that helps, I know that's what everyone says but it's true. If you want to keep the V6, AWESOME! but if you want really big power, the V8 should be your end goal. The V6 section has a sticky for all the performance mods you would need.

Cheers!
Derrian

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:37 PM   #16
AquaV6

Drives: Black v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@B&MRacing View Post
B&M Racing offers a number of ATF, oil and universal fluid coolers. Our Race SuperCooler (part#'s 70273 or 70266) will make a perfect addition to your Camaro to help keep things cool on the track. I recommend these coolers specifically because the inlet and outlet use thread-on style NPT fittings rather than a nipple and hose clamp (a must for racing, don't let a $.10 hose clamp end your day). We recommend using our SuperCoolers in conjunction with your stock ATF cooler (usually located within the radiator itself) this will make for a shorter and much cleaner installation. The added fluid capacity over stock also helps to keep the temps low. I have included a link below to all of our SuperCooler offerings. If you have additional questions please feel free to PM me or give us a call at 707-544-4761.

B&M Racing SuperCoolers

- Jason @ B&M Racing
Holy sh*t! Thank you!!! You guys have really good prices! I'll check it out!
AquaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:41 PM   #17
AquaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
Being a young Floridian as well (20). Save up for the 6.2L, I traded my 2010 V6 for my my LS3 about a week ago and love it! I just changed the aesthetics on the LLT and saved so much money doing so. I hope that helps, I know that's what everyone says but it's true. If you want to keep the V6, AWESOME! but if you want really big power, the V8 should be your end goal. The V6 section has a sticky for all the performance mods you would need.

Cheers!
Derrian

I do plan on having a v8 some day, but 16 with a Camaro SS is going to kill me insurance wise. When I get a bit older and insurance becomes more affordable, i'll get a v8, but i'll always have my v6! The gas mileage is great, the front end is lighter which I do like, and insurance won't kill me.

Let me know how that V8 goes for you though, i'm interested to see a V6 owner transfer into a V8.

Thank you though!
Old 06-08-2018, 11:44 PM   #18
AquaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Great. You can see how it sounds with just the MRT V2s, but definitely don't drive it. It'll be awful. Add the Magnaflow 11386 in place of the stock H and resonators and you'll see a huge improvement in sound just outside. It's honestly the best addition to the V6 that can be made exhaust wise.
For sure, dude! My father surprised me with a date to have the MRT V2's put on the car though, and he plans on paying for it to get installed. It's a win for me though, in no time i'll have that X Pipe on and it'll be sounding and running great!

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 06-09-2018, 12:13 AM   #19
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
I got my MRT v2 installed yesterday and absolutely love it. The drone isn’t actually that bad, but I kinda like the sound of the drone. You really hear the v2 in WOT. It’s amazing!
As for the performance mods, I think you should hold off on trying to gain a lot of power. Especially at such a young age, you should focus on saving your money and setting up for your future. Plus, even if you think you’re a responsible driver, you’re likely not ready for the power yet anyways. I just turned 19 and don’t plan on doing any big performance mods for a good while. Part of it is because I don’t want to void the extended warranty and part is because for all the money I’d put into making it go faster, I might as well get a V8. I’m a very responsible driver, but I still don’t think I should have a lot of power judt yet. Just enjoy the V6 for now and learn to respect your ride.
And definitely try to save your money. I do spend some money on my car from time to time, but I also put $11,000 in a Roth IRA that has grown to $12,000+ since July and I have a few thousand still in the bank so I feel more comfortable spending on my car. Save like this and you’ll be all set. Plus, you could retire early.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:15 AM   #20
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Also, come chat with the other youngins in the Young Blood thread. Just watch out for racergirl. She’s kinda crazy.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374973
Old 06-09-2018, 01:44 AM   #21
AquaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
I got my MRT v2 installed yesterday and absolutely love it. The drone isn’t actually that bad, but I kinda like the sound of the drone. You really hear the v2 in WOT. It’s amazing!
As for the performance mods, I think you should hold off on trying to gain a lot of power. Especially at such a young age, you should focus on saving your money and setting up for your future. Plus, even if you think you’re a responsible driver, you’re likely not ready for the power yet anyways. I just turned 19 and don’t plan on doing any big performance mods for a good while. Part of it is because I don’t want to void the extended warranty and part is because for all the money I’d put into making it go faster, I might as well get a V8. I’m a very responsible driver, but I still don’t think I should have a lot of power judt yet. Just enjoy the V6 for now and learn to respect your ride.
And definitely try to save your money. I do spend some money on my car from time to time, but I also put $11,000 in a Roth IRA that has grown to $12,000+ since July and I have a few thousand still in the bank so I feel more comfortable spending on my car. Save like this and you’ll be all set. Plus, you could retire early.
Thanks brother, but i'm right now i'm luckily at a state to where I feel comfortable spending money on my car. I used to do graphic designs and Adobe After Effects editing for a few gaming communities for money. I got more money than I should have not going to lie. I do have an Odd job i've been working at for a couple of months now. I don't really plan on going to collage, and my girlfriend really doesn't like to spend my money, so I have nothing really to spend it on besides my car. I saved up enough to pay for insurance, gas , modifcations ect ect. I feel as if your car should represent yourself in some way. When I turn about 16 I do want my car to be able to handle a track since i've seen the Camaro definitely needs a little more attention (trans cooler, new brake fluid, stuff like that). I do feel as if I am responsible to drive this car. I've been taught to respect the things that can kill you. I actually ride a dirtbike and have never fallen on it or crashed it because of the respect I have for it. I do, however appreciate you reaching out to me and getting me into a group where I can speak to other young Camaro fans. I do plan on going to some Camaro meets when I turn 16 to talk to more Camaro fans.

Let me know how that exhaust goes dude! I really want to make sure I didn't buy the wrong thing.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2018, 06:27 AM   #22
Yellow Bullet

First thing I would get for performance would be a CAI, (INJEN, CAI, ROTO-FAB, K&N) sorry if I messed a few brands but they make good ones. I do have an Injen Power Flow for sale in classifieds but that's beside the point. I had the MRT V1 on my v6 and I would've gotten the V2 looking back, nice choice. Just go axelback because cutbacks are around 1k for just a few hp.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:32 AM   #23
Yellow Bullet

If your serious about tracking it, get some 20's and Brembos. Lower the bad boy and stiffen up that suspension. It would be best to get used to the power before you add more

Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #24
IamR3D88

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
If your serious about tracking it, get some 20's and Brembos. Lower the bad boy and stiffen up that suspension. It would be best to get used to the power before you add more
If you get 20s, make sure to go with the same size all around! 275-285 wide tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
IamR3D88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #25
AquaV6

Quote:
First thing I would get for performance would be a CAI, (INJEN, CAI, ROTO-FAB, K&N) sorry if I messed a few brands but they make good ones. I do have an Injen Power Flow for sale in classifieds but that's beside the point. I had the MRT V1 on my v6 and I would've gotten the V2 looking back, nice choice. Just go axelback because cutbacks are around 1k for just a few hp.
Thank you for the help! I have been looking into maybe a new intake for the car. Will be buying one soon! Thank you
Old 06-10-2018, 06:12 PM   #26
AquaV6

Quote:

I do think I am going to replace the brakes and the brake fluid, but that's not going to be for a little while since I still need to put on the stuff I have for the car now. I do plan on calling up the shop and seeing what they can do on terms of lowering the car. Gives it a more aggressive look and makes it more aggressive on the track. That's what i'm doing now, just trying to get a really good feel for the power and the car itself before hand.

thank you!
Old 06-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #27
AquaV6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamR3D88 View Post
If you get 20s, make sure to go with the same size all around! 275-285 wide tires.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Will do!