Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #15
mmaattppllaayy

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS
I second that Jon is a class act. The best customer service out of any automotive company I have ever done business with. Awesome quality parts and prices. I would and probably will buy from Huron again.
mmaattppllaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:06 AM   #16
Huron Speed

Drives: 2012 45th SS
You guys are making me blush.... haha

Seriously though I greatly appreciate the kind words and your support!

Got word of another car and member on here getting tuned yesterday with some great results!
Huron Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:52 AM   #17
mmaattppllaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huron Speed View Post

Got word of another car and member on here getting tuned yesterday with some great results!
I will have my tuning results on Monday
Old 05-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #18
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaattppllaayy View Post
I will have my tuning results on Monday
What's your set up?
LS3 intake and throttle body, Huron Speed Products twin turbo with 6265 oil less turbos, and 3" header back, JRE smooth cam, ID1300, Fore dual 450lph pumps with MSD voltage booster, A6, 305/45/17 MT Street R
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:31 PM   #19
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:

so really, is that low AR number for more of a street/daily application? I just want to know the science behind it.
2015 Camaro SS, LS3 Stroker, PRC heads,CUSTOM CAM. AGP 68/68 with custom Hot and Cold side. Fore triple pumps, Holley terminator X. BMR drag suspension with carlyle brake kit. 15" ET drags and 17" skinnies. ZL1 3.73 gears , aluminum driveshaft. TH400 with circle D converter.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #20
mmaattppllaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by robrocketanski View Post
What's your set up?
Twin precision 6266s standard intercooler. Optional manifolds and full mufflerless exhaust. Precision 46mm wastegates.
Old 05-06-2018, 06:23 AM   #21
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post
so really, is that low AR number for more of a street/daily application? I just want to know the science behind it.
No, that is not low for these types of twin applications. All depends upon the set-up, engine size, use of the vehicle, etc. This kit uses larger T4 turbine housings, where a larger a/r is not needed to correct for higher backpressure. We can use a/r to hone in where the customer wants the turbos to light depending upon their use. I run billet 5858's on my car with the T4 .68 housings. Street car that just went 9.92's on the stock bottom end, turbos come on nearly instantly and have enough efficiency to still make excellent power up top! Most commonly we use .68 or .81 housings, rarely .96 for the big boys but this comes down to engine specs, goals, RPM range, use of vehicle, etc. A/R is simply the space available inside the housing. Smaller number = less space, therefore quicker to fill and have the exhaust hit the exhaust wheel and get business started. Larger A/R is more space = more space to fill with exhaust and a slightly delayed response to get going, but the end result is more volume to be able to hold, thus more efficiency in the higher RPM range where the engine feeds more exhaust. Good example would be a car driven on the street with a manual trans wants quick spool vs a similar car in auto with a cam that likes slightly higher RPM shift points. We may bump the a/r up to be a happy match with the camshaft.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #22
hillshooter

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS commemorative
Quote:
No, that is not low for these types of twin applications. All depends upon the set-up, engine size, use of the vehicle, etc. This kit uses larger T4 turbine housings, where a larger a/r is not needed to correct for higher backpressure. We can use a/r to hone in where the customer wants the turbos to light depending upon their use. I run billet 5858's on my car with the T4 .68 housings. Street car that just went 9.92's on the stock bottom end, turbos come on nearly instantly and have enough efficiency to still make excellent power up top! Most commonly we use .68 or .81 housings, rarely .96 for the big boys but this comes down to engine specs, goals, RPM range, use of vehicle, etc. A/R is simply the space available inside the housing. Smaller number = less space, therefore quicker to fill and have the exhaust hit the exhaust wheel and get business started. Larger A/R is more space = more space to fill with exhaust and a slightly delayed response to get going, but the end result is more volume to be able to hold, thus more efficiency in the higher RPM range where the engine feeds more exhaust. Good example would be a car driven on the street with a manual trans wants quick spool vs a similar car in auto with a cam that likes slightly higher RPM shift points. We may bump the a/r up to be a happy match with the camshaft.

Good explanation , thank you
2015 Camaro SS, LS3 Stroker, PRC heads,CUSTOM CAM. AGP 68/68 with custom Hot and Cold side. Fore triple pumps, Holley terminator X. BMR drag suspension with carlyle brake kit. 15" ET drags and 17" skinnies. ZL1 3.73 gears , aluminum driveshaft. TH400 with circle D converter.
hillshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:26 AM   #23
Huron Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillshooter View Post
Good explanation , thank you
My pleasure!
Old 06-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #24
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Finally got the car on the track this last weekend. first time 1/4 mile with this car on this setup (only 9psi). Never mind the RT as this was more of a test and tune weekend. Super excited to turn her up next time and see what she will put out. This kit is super solid, couldn’t be happier with its performance. Stock engine with 6266 and npp exhaust. Thanks again for everything Jon!

Attachment 940642
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM

Last edited by NoDakZ/28; 03-16-2022 at 02:57 PM.
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 04:35 AM   #25
GT Kilr

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Finally got the car on the track this last weekend. first time 1/4 mile with this car on this setup (only 9psi). Never mind the RT as this was more of a test and tune weekend. Super excited to turn her up next time and see what she will put out. This kit is super solid, couldn’t be happier with its performance. Stock engine with 6266 and npp exhaust. Thanks again for everything Jon!

Attachment 940642
When you say stock engine, do you literally mean stock? Stock cam/springs etc?
GT Kilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #26
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Kilr View Post
When you say stock engine, do you literally mean stock? Stock cam/springs etc?

That is correct, only thing changed was injectors/rails, plugs/wires. No top/bottom end work.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
huron speed