Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #29
Sirwestofash

Drives: afeafeafeafaefae
Can someone post pictures please, not links.
Old 09-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #30
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwestofash View Post
Can someone post pictures please, not links.
Really?...

Try not to search too much, don't want to hurt yourself...

there are tons of threads in here with pictures.

I would do it for you, but then I would be enabling you.
I will refrain from becoming political right now, but you really should put some effort into getting what you want rather than have it handed to you.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:07 PM   #31
Sirwestofash

But but but.... i'm typing a book review!! FINE ILL SEARCH haha
Old 09-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #32
Sirwestofash

Video of AAC sidemarkers and rear ones.

http://showstopperaccessories.com/pr...product_id=168

A picture of the showstopper sidemarkers.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/ap...e-markers.html
Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #33
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
But but but.... i'm typing a book review!! FINE ILL SEARCH haha

Thank you for not taking that too harsh, I can come off that way but it's not meant to be.

Thank you!
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #34
Sirwestofash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

Thank you for not taking that too harsh, I can come off that way but it's not meant to be.

Thank you!
OH no I like to be challenged, but the problem is in todays schools they don't challenge me anymore. I stopped truly being taught to think after 4th grade. So now i'm a product of my generation someone who prefers others to do things for me. When in actuality I love to try and do things myself. I take more pride and joy in the achievement of accomplishing it. As opposed to paying someone and going to a car show and saying "yeah I bought those and had them installed."
Old 09-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #35
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
OH no I like to be challenged, but the problem is in todays schools they don't challenge me anymore. I stopped truly being taught to think after 4th grade. So now i'm a product of my generation someone who prefers others to do things for me. When in actuality I love to try and do things myself. I take more pride and joy in the achievement of accomplishing it. As opposed to paying someone and going to a car show and saying "yeah I bought those and had them installed."
Yeah It's sad, that's why we have so many people getting something for nothing in our country right now.

I love the rewards of hard work as well!
I had thought of making my own side markers, but I am working full time again and doing side work I hardly have time to do anything else right now.

That's why I just bought some.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #36
Sirwestofash

Well i don't mind buying the lights or whatever, but if i'm able I like to install them myself, gives me a sense of accomplishment.

However, I know very little about cars and don't want to damage my baby so i'll play it by ear.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #37
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Well i don't mind buying the lights or whatever, but if i'm able I like to install them myself, gives me a sense of accomplishment.

However, I know very little about cars and don't want to damage my baby so i'll play it by ear.
The installation is super easy, I did mine in 5 minutes. AAC's instructions were very clear and straight forward, couldn't have been easier.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #38
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Not one problem with any of the new sets that we've sold from AAC.

Looks like they've addressed the condensation issues a little better...not to say that it won't or can't happen again, but these are much better than the "first" runs that everybody seemed to have trouble with.

Never hurts to run some Ext silicon around any weather exposed sockets in all new parts....just throwing that out there.

Showstoppers look good too...never seen them out this way in person however.

Ivan
I bought mine around April last year, drivers side rear got condensation within 3 months and one led segment is dead. That one, and passenger front have broken retaining clips. They're being held in place with double-sided tape right now. Love the look, not thrilled with the durability. Thinking bout going the Showstopper route next.
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
I stayed with Showstoppers for my Sidemarkers (plug-n-play 5 min install) as I also got their LED Side Mirrors from them as well. No problems with anything I've got from Showstoppers. They also painted my brake calipers. Class all the way.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #40
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
I stayed with Showstoppers for my Sidemarkers (plug-n-play 5 min install) as I also got their LED Side Mirrors from them as well. No problems with anything I've got from Showstoppers. They also painted my brake calipers. Class and awesome customer service all the way.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #41
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
I recently got my front AAC sidemarkers back from warranty work. The sidemarkers had split apart (from where the adhesive material was placed to seal it), LEDs had gone out in the row, and there was condensation inside the housing. The rear sidemarkers held up fine. I will see how they fair this time around.
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #42
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I'm fixing to order a set of the new SMD side markers from AAC, hopefully they are more dependable than the LED style.
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote