Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
kimdatkins09

Drives: 2015 RS Camaro
Unhappy 2015 RS Camaro Shuts Off

I purchased a 2015 RS Camaro just 7 days ago. I drove off the lot with only 14 miles on the odometer and a full tank of gas.

Three days later the car shuts off while I was driving and it shut off again this morning...I was nearly in an accident the 2nd time!

Both times it shut off after making a right hand turn (1st time I was slowing down, made my right hand turn, pressed the accelerator, and it shut off / 2nd time I came to a complete stop at a stoplight, pressed the accelerator, made my right hand turn, and it shut off).

The answer to the first question asked by that the dealership - my knee was NOT anywhere near the ignition switch either time.

I waited a LONG time to get my dream car and as anyone can imagine this is VERY FRUSTRATING!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue might be?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
You got a lemon and a dangerous one at that! Time to lawyer up and demand a replacement we a know those crazy electrical problems never get solved

Last edited by Bizaro; 06-19-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
You need to take it right back to the dealership to have them look at it. Hopefully it is something that can be duplicated so they can troubleshoot it easier. Does it start right back up with no problems? Does it start hard?

It could be a few things, the biggest thing is to just get it looked at.

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #4
Rick's Camaro

Drives: 1967-2014 Camaro's
You need to take that car back to the dealership!
Rick's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #5
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdatkins09 View Post
I purchased a 2015 RS Camaro just 7 days ago. I drove off the lot with only 14 miles on the odometer and a full tank of gas.

Three days later the car shuts off while I was driving and it shut off again this morning...I was nearly in an accident the 2nd time!

Both times it shut off after making a right hand turn (1st time I was slowing down, made my right hand turn, pressed the accelerator, and it shut off / 2nd time I came to a complete stop at a stoplight, pressed the accelerator, made my right hand turn, and it shut off).

The answer to the first question asked by that the dealership - my knee was NOT anywhere near the ignition switch either time.

I waited a LONG time to get my dream car and as anyone can imagine this is VERY FRUSTRATING!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue might be?
You said the dealership asked you if your knee was any where near the ignition? Shouldn't your keys have been changed by the recall? It sounds like a fuel starvation problem. Take it back to the dealer.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #6
_sleepy_
Kitten Mittens

Drives: 2010 1SS M6
Bring your stone cold steve austin game, bring it to the dealership and raise some hell
Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
PROBABLY BAD GAS. THOSE DEALERSHIPS WILL PUT DOLLAR STORE GAS IN THESE CARS IF THEY COULD.DO YOU HAVE ANY CODES OR A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? DOES A MESSAGE POP UP ON YOUR INFO SCREEN WHEN THIS HAPPENS?
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Run some 91 or 93 octane and try to do some hwy driving to clear out the tank a bit.

I would take it back to the dealership to put them notice on what is happening so your covered on any warranty work.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:15 PM   #9
kimdatkins09

Drives: 2015 RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kville988 View Post
PROBABLY BAD GAS. THOSE DEALERSHIPS WILL PUT DOLLAR STORE GAS IN THESE CARS IF THEY COULD.DO YOU HAVE ANY CODES OR A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT? DOES A MESSAGE POP UP ON YOUR INFO SCREEN WHEN THIS HAPPENS?
No codes, no messages and the check engine light does not appear. When the camaro shuts off, everything shuts off (steering, brakes, and engine).
Old 06-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #10
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I love how every time there's a problem with someone's car, you people always blame the dealer before you know anything. BTW, what the f is dollar store gas? Is that a thing in Louisiana, 'cause I've never heard of it. I suppose it's a figure of speech?

To the OP, do you have anything attached to your car key aside from the fob? House keys, things like that? If so, try removing your car keys from the rest of your keys, see if that makes a difference.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:24 PM   #11
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
wouldn't have happened twice to me... would have been back to the dealership after the first time...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:52 PM   #12
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Dealership probably sold you a crashed car...those crooks
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #13
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
It's not dead... It's probably pining for the fjords.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #14
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Take it to the dealer. Then save every time you have to take it to the dealer for the problems paperwork so if you have to you can be covered by the Lemon law. Depending on where you live it can vary to apply a lemon law statute. It could be any of a number of things, and hopefully they can pull the info from the cars computers but , who knows if it will show just simply cutting off and it may be coincidence your turning right. Good luck, and p.s. Camaros come in 1LS 2LS, 1LT 2LT the RS is a appearance package and you must drive a v-6. And I guess your in a automatic, not bogging it to death with a manual.