Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #29
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 436SS View Post
What city are you in? Im sure there is someone on this forum that may be near you that may be willing to lend a helping hand to get you fixed up. I just don't want you to get in over your head, waste a bunch of money, then regret it in the end.
Around the Orlando area in Florida
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #30
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Thanks for that, now I could always splice the wires though right?
You absolutely can. I was just going to do the splicing myself as well, until I found everything for sale. Not really a big deal in my opinion to splice factory wires (I know some people are completely against it but I've never had an issue), BUT I liked the option to be able to revert back to stock and swap or sell everything if I wanted. Which is exactly what happened. I upgraded to a V8 and removed it all to put into the new car. Yes I could've spliced everything back, but this just made it easier to have the harness.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #31
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
I'm not that against it to be honest its just the extra cost for something I may be able to do myself.
I understand what you're saying since I don't like paying for things I can do myself either but complex wiring is probably one of those areas where I don't mind paying. Although this isn't complex, if you don't know what you're doing it can definitely get complex. Like its been said, I'd save up a bit more until you can get quality stuff because if you buy something cheap it could very well die immediately and you're going to have to spend more in the long run.

Maybe it'd be good to ask what your goals are for this and do you have a specific budget in mind or just to spend the least u can

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Splicing is only advised if "you know what you are doing." Do you? It's safe to say that you should not be butchering anything. Just reading your question, comments, and answers............you don't have a clue. Of course its your car, and you can do as you please. For those who tell you to go ahead and splice away probably have experience. But you said in your own words, this is all new to you.
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:13 PM   #33
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Splicing is only advised if "you know what you are doing." Do you? It's safe to say that you should not be butchering anything. Just reading your question, comments, and answers............you don't have a clue. Of course its your car, and you can do as you please. For those who tell you to go ahead and splice away probably have experience. But you said in your own words, this is all new to you.
And your assumption is correct I have no idea what I'm doing. I talked to my dad and he said he could do the wiring but he just doesn't have the time. He said we'd take it to a shop, give them a budget, and have them do everything. I appreciate all the information you guys have given me, as usual you guys are a big help to me, thanks!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #34
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
And your assumption is correct I have no idea what I'm doing. I talked to my dad and he said he could do the wiring but he just doesn't have the time. He said we'd take it to a shop, give them a budget, and have them do everything. I appreciate all the information you guys have given me, as usual you guys are a big help to me, thanks!

That's a wise decision. Best of luck to you.
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #35
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:

That's a wise decision. Best of luck to you.
Thanks again!
Old 06-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #36
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Subwoofer to Boston Acoustics Amps

I agree, if you have no clue, get the harness and don't do any splicing yourself. Simple wiring (or what I would consider simple) can be screwed up fairly easily by someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I'm not implying at all that you'd be careless with your car and I'm sure you know what your limits are. Honestly, spend the money on ********s harness. A shop will not charge you less than what that harness will cost you unless you've got a hookup with the shop guys or something lol. And 436SS is right about doing things right the first time. Cheap routes will still cost you the same, if not more in the long run.
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #37
fitnessfun

Drives: red
Subwoofer 10 and 12 inch

I'd recommend the Dual BP1204 12 inch. It's a pretty reasonably priced dual sub. Also, this guy has a couple of great sites that you should check out to help you decide which 10 or 12" ones you'll be getting. I'll leave the links below.

10 inch

12 inch
fitnessfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #38
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

So I get that battery go's to amp. Amp go's so sub but when does the sub receive the signal from the radio? What else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 06:59 PM   #39
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
So I get that battery go's to amp. Amp go's so sub but when does the sub receive the signal from the radio? What else?

Oh man im for your car
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #40
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Haha I told you I'm clueless. Were taking it to a shop but I just want to understand it for myself too.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:38 PM   #41
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Haha I told you I'm clueless. Were taking it to a shop but I just want to understand it for myself too.

Go to crutch field.com and look under their research section. Very informative stuff. I don't suggest buying stuff there since their pricey but they have a lot of good articles

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #42
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Around the Orlando area in Florida
Do yourself a favor and seek out others with the camaro in your area. Looks for folks that have done the FARK replacement ...it's 1,000% worth it!

Take a look at what they've done. If you find yourself in Palm Beach, drop me a note. You area welcome to see mine. I did the FARK install for about 4 others now. Do yourself a favor and seriously consider it. It really will save you a lot of headache.