Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #1
HotelCali
Banned

Drives: 2013 RS
Comments on my tickets and help.

Hey guys. I live in the money hungry state of New York and everything is a problem for them. I have a couple stories and I know a lot of you on here are it's you're fault pay the ticket kind of guys but lately I been getting tickets left and right. So I would like some feedback and help on what you guys think can be dismissed or is a total loss.

My first ticket was in may 2014, my first speeding ticket down the i-95 going 70 in a 50, in a rental I been postponing it ever since.

Second speeding ticket was at the same exact spot like 4 months later in a rental going 70 in a 50 again.

I came from work and was rushing to college(john jay) and a truck stopped in the intersection on a green light then kept going after like 30 seconds and left me there and I got a spill back ticket

I was on my way to school and coming down the i-9 west side highway cop pulled me over in a rental stating that I failed to stop at 2 stop signs when I was coming off the highway and from the angel he pulled me over there was no way he could of seen whether or not I had stopped at the stop sign or not in addition, there was only one stop sign.

i got 2 tickets for my tint (each window) I just bought the car but they still gave me a ticket.

i got 2 tickets in connecticut coming in each direction, troopers said they were watching me for 15 miles speed on the highway so they gave me a ticket for lane changes and speeding but it does not state the speed at which I was going. Now coming back to New York I got pulled over again by the same cops and they gave me tickets for the same exact thing. However, on the ticket it states that my car is blue and not yellow and it's 2012 when I have a 2013. The first ticket states I have a 2013 Yellow Camaro (was thinking I could use that to my advantage) and I ordered custom plates about a month ago they still have no came. One ticket says the custom plate, one says the regular plate.

and my last ticket was failing to my a signal. I did not know whether or not I was going to turn but split second decided that I was going to and I got a ticket for it.

Any feedback would be appreciated. this is a lot of money worth of tickets and any assistance on how to approach would be nice.

or should I just keep postponing them.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
How about you own up to your mistakes and pay them?

You gotta pay to play son.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
Midlifecysis

Drives: camaro ls v6 auto
Pressing that little peddle on the right can get you tickets ...........when that happens you either pay em fight em or ignore em lose your license ..... No other choices.... no magic solution out there from anyone..... Unless your a connected politician or a relative of one lol
Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
fpdsniper

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
↑↑↑This↑↑↑

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5/TRD
Independent Amsoil Dealer
Old 03-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Best advice for you is to join the National Motorist Association. They have a lot of advice on their site for fighting tickets and winning in court. As you are learning, most tickets are nothing but a money collecting scheme. It is a hidden tax system on the traveling public and you are at their mercy.

Here is a link to their site - http://www.motorists.org/ Look into it. It is everything the AAA should be, but isn't. Good luck.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #6
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Jesus dude... thats actually pretty impressive on how shitty your luck is.

Regarding the speeding tickets. Both of those are 16mph+ so your looking at two 6 point tickets and a suspension of your license which happens at 11points. First step there is to get a lawyer and get them both reduced asap.

The intersection ticket i believe is a two pointer so hopefully if the other two are lowered this one wont be as bad point wise and might be the cheapest of your bundle.

Fight this one if you think you're right. you can either use a lawyer or fight it yourself with maps and evidence to prove the cop could not have accurately seen you run the stop sign. (i would recommend the lawyer direction)

The tint ticket can one of two. Not sure what the code is on the one you got but generally they are fix-it tickets so if you get it done and document the repair and show the court it will get dismissed. The other version of this ticket is a fine and fix.

The tickets within CT will def make it to the NY system however if what you stated is true and the info is that far off then generally you can get it thrown out.

The lane change without signal ticket is a loss pay that one, you have no proof either way.

You need to take care of these asap especially since the first two are enough to lose your license for awhile, the rest are just salt in the wound. After you fix all this and hopefully can still drive, spend the $400 on a radar detector, you'll thank me later for that.

And finally, Go take a driving course #1 because you need it obviously #2 your gonna need it to relax your insurance company....

Good Luck man
Old 03-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #7
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
with all those speeding tickets i do not know how you dont have any points on your license...

If you do have points and when the cops pull you over they can see the last time you got a ticket, if they notice it has been recently then more than likely they will give you a ticket as well cause they notice your not changing you ways.

if you are going 20mph over the speed limit and get caught THAT IS YOUR FAULT
if you have tints and are not suppose to THAT IS YOUR FAULT
if you dont use your blinker, THAT IS YOUR FAULT
if they wrote down the wrong car, THAT IS THEIR FAULT

3 wrongs don't make a right, i live in NJ-NY area and i know how some of the police can be. However, they are doing their job so it is not their fault that they happened to catch you when that is what they are suppose to be doing
Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
HotelCali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Jesus dude... thats actually pretty impressive on how shitty your luck is.

Regarding the speeding tickets. Both of those are 16mph+ so your looking at two 6 point tickets and a suspension of your license which happens at 11points. First step there is to get a lawyer and get them both reduced asap.

The intersection ticket i believe is a two pointer so hopefully if the other two are lowered this one wont be as bad point wise and might be the cheapest of your bundle.

Fight this one if you think you're right. you can either use a lawyer or fight it yourself with maps and evidence to prove the cop could not have accurately seen you run the stop sign. (i would recommend the lawyer direction)

The tint ticket can one of two. Not sure what the code is on the one you got but generally they are fix-it tickets so if you get it done and document the repair and show the court it will get dismissed. The other version of this ticket is a fine and fix.

The tickets within CT will def make it to the NY system however if what you stated is true and the info is that far off then generally you can get it thrown out.

The lane change without signal ticket is a loss pay that one, you have no proof either way.

You need to take care of these asap especially since the first two are enough to lose your license for awhile, the rest are just salt in the wound. After you fix all this and hopefully can still drive, spend the $400 on a radar detector, you'll thank me later for that.

And finally, Go take a driving course #1 because you need it obviously #2 your gonna need it to relax your insurance company....

Good Luck man

thank you so much. But I was thinking that for the first two speeding tickets I should keep postponing them? I thought the points went up the 14 now in new York?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #9
Midlifecysis

Drives: camaro ls v6 auto
Watch this guy lol

Old 03-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Hi. You have some troubles. My comments are in red below

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
Hey guys. I live in the money hungry state of New York and everything is a problem for them. I have a couple stories and I know a lot of you on here are it's you're fault pay the ticket kind of guys but lately I been getting tickets left and right. So I would like some feedback and help on what you guys think can be dismissed or is a total loss.

My first ticket was in may 2014, my first speeding ticket down the i-95 going 70 in a 50, in a rental I been postponing it ever since.

Not seeing how you're getting out of that one

Second speeding ticket was at the same exact spot like 4 months later in a rental going 70 in a 50 again.

Not seeing how you're getting out of that one either. You have to learn from this mistake.

I came from work and was rushing to college(john jay) and a truck stopped in the intersection on a green light then kept going after like 30 seconds and left me there and I got a spill back ticket

I had a similar thing happen to me in 1989. I went before a magistrate and explained things clearly and truthfully, and I pointed out that it was a danger to have left my car in the middle of the intersection. It was dismissed.

I was on my way to school and coming down the i-9 west side highway cop pulled me over in a rental stating that I failed to stop at 2 stop signs when I was coming off the highway and from the angel he pulled me over there was no way he could of seen whether or not I had stopped at the stop sign or not in addition, there was only one stop sign.

You'll need some back-up on this besides saying "there was no way".

i got 2 tickets for my tint (each window) I just bought the car but they still gave me a ticket.

Whether or not you just bought the car, if the cop wants to bag you for an illegal tint and the tint is illegal then, you lose. You need to decide if the tint is cool enough to cost you this much trouble and money

i got 2 tickets in connecticut Not a surprise coming in each direction, troopers said they were watching me for 15 miles speed on the highway so they gave me a ticket for lane changes and speeding but it does not state the speed at which I was going. Is that a requirement in CT? Check into it. Now coming back to New York I got pulled over again by the same cops and they gave me tickets for the same exact thing. Does this chain of events suggest you may wish to obey some speed limits? However, on the ticket it states that my car is blue and not yellow and it's 2012 when I have a 2013. A guy that worked for me about ten years ago tried this routine- my car is blue, the cops listed it as black, the ticket is no good. Oh yes it is, sorry, they said, we'll make sure to get the color right next time. The first ticket states I have a 2013 Yellow Camaro (was thinking I could use that to my advantage) and I ordered custom plates about a month ago they still have no came. One ticket says the custom plate, one says the regular plate.

and my last ticket was failing to my a signal. I did not know whether or not I was going to turn but split second decided that I was going to and I got a ticket for it. You got busted

Any feedback would be appreciated. this is a lot of money worth of tickets and any assistance on how to approach would be nice.

or should I just keep postponing them.
Contact a lawyer that specializes in traffic violations. Get this cleared up, pay the money. Chalk this trouble up to experience, move on, and stop driving like an ass. Seriously. Look at the headaches you have given yourself.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #11
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
I would sell the car and get a pedal bike.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #12
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
If you decide you need a lawyer, here is a site for you to use...

http://www.berniesez.com/

You upload your citation number and attorneys will look at your case and give you advice. They will also offer to represent you and tell you your chances of winning. It is totally free and on the up and up. The guys who compete in the Gumball and Bull Run rallys recommend this site.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
well well well look who it is
Old 03-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #14
HotelCali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
well well well look who it is