Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #43
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
Karl Chevrolet is a great dealer. They are honest folks and I believe one of, if not THE largest Corvette dealer in the country. Carl Moyer runs a good ship. They don't always have the best prices, but they are honest and stand behind their work. Their service dept is a little goofy, but they are good guys.

I did try to buy from them but they wouldn't come down where I needed it to be. They will sell them at some point, but I agree they are high. The inventory is clientele based, just like their Corvettes are.
Kerbeck in Atlantic City, NJ is the largest Corvette dealer in the country. They don't hide that fact...
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #44
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 FN 27 View Post
I have no regrets other than I wished I had bought 2 of them from the get go. Both a 2014 and 2015. Working on that now...

I have always been a fan of American Muscle. First car was 1969 SS Chevelle and I still have my second car, 1969 Chevelle with 23000 miles on it...cloned into an SS, Tubbed running a 481 with a blower. Purchased it in 1980 from my great aunt.

Leads me up to in most recent years I bought a '03 vette Convert and a '13 427 Heritage Vette which I love to drive both but just can deal with the attitude of the general public...Thus the reason why I hate driving my Vettes...I get pigeon holed with the arrogant pricks that don't know the business end of a Screw Driver and their chit comes in plastic bags. When I drive my 2013 Vette I get flipped off, obscenities yelled at me and passed on a 2 lane passed by a POS when I am going 5-10 over the posted and then they slam on the brakes. None of this happens when I drive my 2015 Z28...They both have the same motor, minor differences in the gearing and the driver is the same...

If those F-sticks looked closely at the driver they would see dirty finger nails, ripped jeans, holes in my tee shirt, work boots and I am on my way to Fleet Farm to buy bar oil for my chainsaw so I can continue to saw logs in the backyard while playing with a backhoe and a bobcat...I am sure when someone sees me get out of the Vette they think to themselves "look Joe Dirt stole someone's Vette"...lol...

Oh well what others think of me is none of my business...

I'll still put the top down and take the Vette to the parts store...but the Z28 doesn't draw the negative attention the Vette does. In fact very few people ever say anything about the Z. Most don't know what it is, must be a Minnesota thing. I had 1 guy a gas station ask me why I put Lamborghini brakes on a Camaro. Another Camaro owner asked me where I got the ground effects kit...

I have regrets about the Vettes only because of the public perception but no regrets on the Z28.
Book judged by it's cover... screw them... enjoy your Vette! As for the Z not drawing negative attention, I agree. I mostly get thumbs up, big smiles, lots of questions and respect. Every now and then some yahoo in a lifted diesel will try and roll coal on me, but that ain't happening. That might be a Texas thing! Just tonight a young guy (guessing he was 26-28) in a V6 Camaro approached me at the gas station and asked me about my car. He was a cool kid and knew his stuff. I could tell he really wanted to go for a ride and offered to do so and took him for a quick jaunt. Needless to say he enjoyed it and I really enjoyed sharing a great car moment with the next generation.
JUSTIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:14 AM   #45
fhpchris

Drives: 2015 Summit White Z/28 #97
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustexaSS View Post
Dang! This slipped my mind, I hit the magical 1500 mile mark yesterday and was burnishing my brakes this morning while this was occurring. Shoot me a PM next time you attend a local event.
Sure! Apparently there were 5 Z/28s at COTA and us 2 up north

7 Z/28s isn't bad for one city!
fhpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:25 AM   #46
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
Originally Posted by utaeng96 View Post
Good to hear that have zero regrets now, but just curious...was that a tough call? How long had you owned the it? It was a beauty. Hopefully she went to a good home.
It was a bit of a tough decision, I had it for 5 years and put plenty of blood, sweat and money into it. Once I had it where I wanted it, build wise, boredom set in. Time to let it go.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:14 AM   #47
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
I think the Z-28 is a unique car. In the past few generations it was a nameplate with some body options and some extra power. Now the Z-28 is purpose built. So, now the people that wanted it for the prestige of the nameplate found it difficult to pull the trigger on an expensive car with a huge wickerbill sticking out the front, and sparse interior options. Not that I could afford one right now...but if I could I have to admit that I am probably in the nameplate category. I love the performance of the vehicle but not everything else about it. I suspect that is what is bugging the OP too. BTW...I think I love everything about the 2017 SS 1LE
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #48
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
I think the Z-28 is a unique car. In the past few generations it was a nameplate with some body options and some extra power. Now the Z-28 is purpose built. So, now the people that wanted it for the prestige of the nameplate found it difficult to pull the trigger on an expensive car with a huge wickerbill sticking out the front, and sparse interior options. Not that I could afford one right now...but if I could I have to admit that I am probably in the nameplate category. I love the performance of the vehicle but not everything else about it. I suspect that is what is bugging the OP too. BTW...I think I love everything about the 2017 SS 1LE
Wickerbill up front? I've been robbed.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #49
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Wickerbill up front? I've been robbed.
Shoot, I installed mine on the rear and now I'm gonna have holes in my spoiler after I move the wickerbill to the front. Damn it!
JUSTIFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #50
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
Regret? -15 out. Tires will crack...
Attached Images

4 FN 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #51
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 View Post
That's funny, this is what I got rid of. LS3 480hp GMPP crate, 14" Wilwood brakes, 6sp.

Nice!
Old 02-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #52
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by utaeng96 View Post
Shoot, I installed mine on the rear and now I'm gonna have holes in my spoiler after I move the wickerbill to the front. Damn it!
Straight garbage.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #53
G6Flyer

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #371
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post

You would prefer the "prestige of the nameplate" on a car like (I presume) an IROC-Z? What "prestige" do you get from a few stickers?

I'm glad we got the Z/28 instead...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
G6Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #54
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28 HLR View Post
I've read this 3 times now and I'm more confused than when I originally glanced over it.

So, you go for nameplates? Like, a Z/28 keychain?? Is that how you pick up chicks at the bar? Do you have a 1979 Chevette that has a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a Z/28"?

I don't get it, none of it. Could someone spell this all out for me? Or do we chalk it up to there being alcohol involved in the post? Maybe a breathalyzer on the forum could be helpful?

What?????
I think what he meant was, in the past, the Z28 badge added some stickers and a somewhat different look so you knew you weren't looking at a regular Camaro. Just enough to set it apart. All at a cost that wasn't much higher than a regular Camaro V8. Now, they attached the Z/28 name to a Camaro that was nearly double the cost of a regular V8 Camaro, so those that wanted to own a new Z/28 again, couldn't justify paying $35,000 more than a regular Camaro V8, regardless of the performance gained.

Before, the Z28 was affordable and for a little more money, you got to drive a Camaro with a Z28 badge. Now, not so much...at least that's how I took it.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:26 PM   #55
Doug Halsey
Toy Collector

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Yes I regret getting the 2015 Z/28 for $75K. I wish I had gotten the 20% off from GM. Other than that - Nope. I may never sell this car. It has everything I want in a muscle car (which I prefer over sports cars) and more than I can ever utilize as a track car (I'll never be that good of a driver). It all really comes down to taste and affordability. Can you afford to buy a different car every time you get bored? For me that was every year or less (and I did buy something new). Now that I'm older (50) I realize that changing cars was just my way of testing out what I liked. Now that I have found it, I only fear losing it. Because of the limited number of Z/28 made I now worry about wrecking it on the track and not finding a replacement. So I may end up buying another car for track only use.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #56
SlowMoe

Drives: 2015 Z/28
Love that respond Doug, really is a special car. I just want a little more power but I am really torn on what that does to value if I ever decide to sell. Part of me says ill keep it forever but you just never know. I am just a car nut in general but for the price and performance I really have no regrets. I did come from wanting the GT350R and could pass up the 15% off deal on the Z knowing that getting a R for under 100K was not going to be possible so sometimes I question if i should have waited for the R to become reasonable (which may never happen) but currently no regrets.
SlowMoe is offline   Reply With Quote