Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
Caboose

Drives: 1991 Firebird 305cu.in. carb. tuned
Camaro V8 vs. Everything else in this price range / or Which one I should buy?

Hi,

maybe this is not the right place to post it cause of its a Camaro-Forum.

But anyway here's the story:

I want to buy me a car next year and I want the most Muscle, performance and the most "car" for my money. My pricerange is about 35k-40kUSD.

And for this money I can get some good cars but what would you say give me the most for my money here is the list:

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (maybe used)
Dodge Challenger 6.1 (used / 6.4 out of my pricerange)
Chevy Camaro V8 (maybe used)
Chevy Corvette C6 (used)

Hope I didn't forget one.

It's complicated cause I see it in this way:

2011 Mustang GT not so good looking like the others but gives together with the corvette the best performance and has a nice interior.

Dodge Challenger 6.1 maybe the best Retro-Looking car but way too heavy BUT you can push it by a strokerkit to 426cu.in. Also it has a nice interior but ****ing bad in corners.

Chevy Camaro V8 pretty similar to the Mustang but I've heared the Interior is a lil bit bad.

Chevy Corvette the lightest one, the best cornering, the best acc. but lame looking exterior and interior.

What would you say? Or a totaly different car?!

Greetings from Germany and sorry for my bad english! ;-)
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Hello??? Camaro
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #3
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Hi,

Chevy Corvette the lightest one, the best cornering, the best acc. but lame looking exterior and interior.)
what are you talking about ?

LOL, are you looking for the looks or the power or the interior features ?
Corvette wins all categories hands down.
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:38 PM   #4
Caboose

I'm looking for all of the facts:

Power, look, interior
Just wich car give me the most for the money?!
And I KNOW It's a lil bit bad cause its a Camaro-Forum but asking in an Challenger-Forum is also bad! :-)
Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
air1kdf

Drives: his 45th SS everywhere
Only you can decide. All nice cars, but this is a Camaro forum, so we all say Camaro, with a some saying the C6.

And the corvette isn't the perfect car for everything.
air1kdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
epkmvuoq

Drives: 2ss red m6
Camaro LS3,,,,,,,,
Without a doubt !!!!
epkmvuoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Why did I just purchase a Camaro and not a STI, 135/335, Mustang or 370Z?

370Z, hot as hell, but you can only carry a small duffel bag.

STI, burns gas like it has 400hp, but no top end like 400hp, also more of a "raw" ride with less comfort/not at home cruising.

135/335, decent interior, acceleration, mod potential, but past the 40K "free maint" it's a headache, premium price but reliability and cost to repair make it less feasable.

Mustang, we got plenty of roads that aren't exactly smooth, but in many respects a mustang is better, ergonomics, visibility, it's just that it looks like, well, a mustang. Doesn't really look like a sports car (ok, a 135 is kinda weak, but lowered it's a little better). Except for the stupid "gills" on the side of the camaro, it looks hot as hell IMO.

Camaro? Hot as hell, friggin HUGE inside too (for a coupe, sure you can't take full-sized people in the back, but that's not why I bought a car, it's like a 2 seater with enormous seating capacity/trunk. Based on the G8 chassi. Yes, I wish it was a little lighter/smaller, but it will do just fine.

Challenger? That's too heavy to take seriously IMO. Sure, someone can have a 3mpg one that churns out 700hp, but whatever, there's more than straight lines and if I cared all that much about going fast in a straight line I'd strap rockets to my car.

Corvette? Nice, but see Z.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #8
_Nick_

Drives: '87 T/A, '87 IROC, '70 Grand Prix
Quote:
I'm looking for all of the facts:

Power, look, interior
Just wich car give me the most for the money?!
And I KNOW It's a lil bit bad cause its a Camaro-Forum but asking in an Challenger-Forum is also bad! :-)
Power, looks and interior? I would suggest the Mustang, I think it looks great, the interior is second to none, it handles better than the Camaro and the Challenger, and it is slightly quicker.
_Nick_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
bmw M3 ?
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #10
Caboose

M3? No thanks then better nothing to christmas never ever I would drive this heavy German-Shit-Car! Sorry even If I'm from Germany the M3 is way too heavy and cost too much more as in USA and has a ****ing damper system.

Mustangs......great cars if I would go only about driving facts but I also want a lil bit a "outstanding" car and we got around to much Mustangs and only a few Camaros.
You need to know these American-Muscles are real headturner in Germany ;-) thats why I love them :-D :-D :-D

I believe more and more that the Camaro is the best car for me, maybe with a few mods (Suspenssion, Power, Exterior) but delievers a good base.

Greets and thanks for all the comments.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
Runin11z

Drives: 11 CGM 2RS-SS
??? Are you talking about the convertible? Plus price wise it's out of your budget. How about the 3 series.
2011 Camaro Ls3 CGM stock
Runin11z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:09 AM   #12
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Hi,

maybe this is not the right place to post it cause of its a Camaro-Forum.

But anyway here's the story:

I want to buy me a car next year and I want the most Muscle, performance and the most "car" for my money. My pricerange is about 35k-40kUSD.

And for this money I can get some good cars but what would you say give me the most for my money here is the list:

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 (maybe used)
Dodge Challenger 6.1 (used / 6.4 out of my pricerange)
Chevy Camaro V8 (maybe used)
Chevy Corvette C6 (used)

Hope I didn't forget one.

It's complicated cause I see it in this way:

2011 Mustang GT not so good looking like the others but gives together with the corvette the best performance and has a nice interior.

Dodge Challenger 6.1 maybe the best Retro-Looking car but way too heavy BUT you can push it by a strokerkit to 426cu.in. Also it has a nice interior but ****ing bad in corners.

Chevy Camaro V8 pretty similar to the Mustang but I've heared the Interior is a lil bit bad.

Chevy Corvette the lightest one, the best cornering, the best acc. but lame looking exterior and interior.

What would you say? Or a totaly different car?!

Greetings from Germany and sorry for my bad english! ;-)
You're on a Camaro forum, so... The Challenger is the best looking and roomiest (also biggest). The Mustang 5.0 is the fastest and quite similar to the Camaro (interior size), but stay away from the manuals - Ford is having some issues. The Camaro is a good value but is like driving around in a pillbox. Of course, I am totally non-prejudicial.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #13
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
IMO, the Camaro offers more 'bang for your buck' in every way among all of the things you've mentioned.
Brutal SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:13 AM   #14
Neriah

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Camaro or C6 Vette. Depending on if you need more room get the Camaro, if room is not an option then the Vette wins in all categories and is the easy #1 choice.
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote