Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #15
Daytona Camaro

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonroeZ28 View Post
I took mine out almost immediately along with the plastic coil pack covers and have never put any of them back on. 427 s run hot to begin with and all of those things trap a massive amount of heat. Car runs much cooler without.
I like those Covers that say "Camaro" and "427" but read the letters/numbers discolor after some time, from heat build up?

How did you remove the covers?

Does a vendor out there powder coat these covers?
Daytona Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #16
MonroeZ28

Drives: 15 z28 white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona Camaro View Post
I like those Covers that say "Camaro" and "427" but read the letters/numbers discolor after some time, from heat build up?

How did you remove the covers?

Does a vendor out there powder coat these covers?
Just grab them with your hands and pull them off. They just snap off and on.
MonroeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #17
Daytona Camaro

All came off pretty easy, thanks.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:14 PM   #18
Daytona Camaro

Has anyone removed the side and rear Z/28 and bowtie badges? Will it hurt resale?

Also, exhaust seems loud. Where is the fuse box to check if the exhaust fuse was pulled by the previous owner?

Attempted to peel off the ugly Airbag Sun Visor stickers with a hair blower. Stickers are on there like super glue, so I gave up! ;(

The Camaro Z/28 is amazing. New tires today (Michelin Pilots). She runs like a champ!
Old 09-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #19
j o n

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #0058
Fuse is on passenger side of the trunk, labeled 'exhaust flap/valve' or something similar
- '15 Z/28 #0058 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
- '22 Ridgeline RTL | White | Ebony, '22 CR-V EX-L Hybrid | White | Ebony
Sold:
- '15 Z/28 #0048 | White | A/C | Speakers | Michelin PS4S 305/30/19's
https://www.instagram.com/__jon__athan__/
j o n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #20
Daytona Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by j o n View Post
Fuse is on passenger side of the trunk, labeled 'exhaust flap/valve' or something similar
Thks. Checked it now and the red fuse is still there. Car seems loud but love the 427 sound, so unique! I'll snap a pic ....
Old 09-18-2018, 09:30 PM   #21
Daytona Camaro

Photo coming asap ...............
Old 09-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #22
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Has anyone removed the side and rear Z/28 and bowtie badges? Will it hurt resale?

Also, exhaust seems loud. Where is the fuse box to check if the exhaust fuse was pulled by the previous owner?

Attempted to peel off the ugly Airbag Sun Visor stickers with a hair blower. Stickers are on there like super glue, so I gave up! ;(

The Camaro Z/28 is amazing. New tires today (Michelin Pilots). She runs like a champ!
I removed the stickers with heat gun and a lot of scrubbing with alcohol. I'd say it got off 95% of any residue and looks pretty darn good. If you look real close you can barely see an outline of the sticker but that's if your looking for it. It really finishes off the interior from that ugly yellow and white.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #23
Daytona Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesman View Post
I removed the stickers with heat gun and a lot of scrubbing with alcohol. I'd say it got off 95% of any residue and looks pretty darn good. If you look real close you can barely see an outline of the sticker but that's if your looking for it. It really finishes off the interior from that ugly yellow and white.
You are referring to the Airbag Sun Visor stickers?
Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 PM   #24
mbesman
Great White

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You are referring to the Airbag Sun Visor stickers?
Yep...but gotta be careful..you can melt the plastic if you apply heat too long. Took about an hour to do. Patience is key.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:55 PM   #25
Daytona Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbesman View Post
Yep...but gotta be careful..you can melt the plastic if you apply heat too long. Took about an hour to do. Patience is key.
Tried again ... No luck. Used my Hair Dryer. Heat on high, 5 solid minutes. Damn sun visor airbag stickers stuck on there like cement. I'm afraid I might screw up. 2015 Camaro Z/28. Is there another way?
Old 09-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #26
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Denatured Alcohol works very well to loosen up the sticker.

1. Take one sheet of paper towel folded a little smaller than the visor. Dampen it with denatured alcohol (91% Isopropyl). Turn visor towards door window and flip up with sticker facing up.

2. Set damp towel on sticker and rub it to dampen it. Leave the towel on the visor, and put a plastic bag on it.

3. Come back in like 15-20 min.

4. Take bag and towel off and slowly peel sticker up. Mine came off in one piece.

5. There will be adhesive left over as only the vinyl sticker comes off. My car is a couple years old and the adhesive seemed a bit of a pain in the *** to get off.

6. I repeated the first two steps (damp towel and bag trick) to loosen up the adhesive. Took a tooth brush rubbed quite a bit with the damp isopropyl towel.

7. When I had the whole rectangle adhesive removed there was an uneven sheen to the visor.

8. Use something like Aerospace 303 protectant. Looks like an infomercial product, but it's legit! Put a thin coating over the visor with a microfiber. Bingo, good as new!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote