Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2018, 04:24 AM   #1
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Shift knob lose?

My 2010 camaro’s manual shift knob is able to turn sideways on both sides, it’s been getting really annoying recently because i like it directly in the middle, i have never really messed with the shift knob, has anyone had this problem and or know what i need to do to get it straight and stay straight?
Old 11-20-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
My 2010 camaro’s manual shift knob is able to turn sideways on both sides, it’s been getting really annoying recently because i like it directly in the middle, i have never really messed with the shift knob, has anyone had this problem and or know what i need to do to get it straight and stay straight?
I'm afraid the knob is inside damage.
The knob is inserted into the grooves of the shifter.
And rubber grooves in knob will be torn.

That's why the knob moves.

George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:27 AM   #3
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Get yourself a Barton Shifter, you'll be glad you did!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
or better yet a MGW, I think I may have my old knob laying around, or you should be able to get one at gmpartsdirect.com.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
or better yet a MGW, I think I may have my old knob laying around, or you should be able to get one at gmpartsdirect.com.

Does anyone know how i can swap this shifter into my 2010? I’ve never really cared for the baseball shifter in my car. https://www.carid.com/american-car-c...caAlceEALw_wcB Looks like this
Old 11-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #6
Ashn_G_1LE

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
Does anyone know how i can swap this shifter into my 2010? I’ve never really cared for the baseball shifter in my car. https://www.carid.com/american-car-c...caAlceEALw_wcB Looks like this
I believe that’s the hurst short throw shifter. Pretty common swap on our cars. Should be able to just find one online.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
Get yourself a Barton Shifter, you'll be glad you did!
What this guy said^^^
Attached Images

2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Talk to the guys at diygen5....gen5diy.com..... https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/...hift-knob-boot

Here is the suede boot and knob, not the brushed cover plate on that ad...LOL good luck. Your driving a ten and I believe its a totally different shifter so you would have to swap to one up in the years...……. but a normal aftermarket type of shifter usually has threaded on balls that require a set nut to be tightened against the ball..... Anyway they have a sale for black Friday about everywhere …………….