Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Sponsors Camaro Builds / Project Cars

Old 04-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #15
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by eodtech72 View Post
I guess it would have been good to know they were not going to continue sales/service if you were a customer waiting to receive a part.

Tim, even though we are no longer taking on any new orders, we will continue to service any open orders. As of today, we only have yourself and another customer who is waiting on his part to get shipped. Once those parts are delivered, we will have all open orders closed.

I am also still waiting to hear why SEIBON was listed as the manufacturer of the carbon fiber parts? After waiting for a month for an email reply the person that responded named Alex Barrera, works at: www.AndersonComposites.com which is who manufactures the parts.

Seibon is the manufacturer of the parts. As you know, every email you have sent us, we have FW to Alex@seibon.com and CC on asking for an ETA on the dry fitting. Anderson Composites is a new company they open to cater to the domestic brands. They felt the name was a more fitting name then Seibon

Here's the facts:

18 FEB: Ordered "in stock" parts. Spoiler, rockers and rear diffuser

09 MAR: All parts delivered except rear diffuser (told approx. 2 weeks longer, no problem)

Emails from Moreno to Manufacturer at my request:

20 MAR: Asked for an update- No reply or update #1
28 MAR: Asked for an update- No reply or update #2
31 MAR: Asked for an update- No reply or update #3
05 APR: Asked for an update- No reply or update #4
07 APR: Finally a response and update that it will be at least another 11 days
before being shipped. Request #5 first to be answered in a month.

Not only do we CC you on the emails but we also follow with phone calls to Alex. Seibon is a great company. If there been one challenge, its getting updates on ETA's. Hence why we CC you on all the emails so that your aware we aren't ignoring you.

Whether there is a problem between the Moreno's and the manufacturer I don't know. All I do know is that I've been waiting for my rear diffuser to be fitted since it was ordered 18FEB2016. Took a month just to get this Alex guy to respond and all he did was tell me what I already knew... that the diffuser had to be fitted before shipping.... but I'm suppose to think that it is reasonable to take 2 months to fit an in stock part? That I already paid for?

We agree, it shouldn't take two months to get the part dry fitted. When we ran the promo, it was for parts in inventory ONLY. We did this in an effort to avoid creating a job for ourselves of four months of emails back and forth regarding ETA's as to when the parts would be in. But even with in stock inventory parts we are still dealing with the back and forth

So beware if you buy from this Anderson Composites place, communication and customer service are not a priority. BTW, I've been deployed this entire time trying to deal with this BS. Sorry for the rant but I don't wish anyone to have to deal with this poor excuse for customer service.

Tim thanks again for your service and again we apologize for the delay. We will continue to CC on every email between the vendor and ourselves.

This is one an example of why we decided no longer to take on any new orders. Moreno Motorsports came to being as a byproduct of the parts that we made for G5.R. This have been first and foremost our hobby. We made them available as a request form the community. As enthusiast wanting to help out our fellow enthusiast, in most cases, we have help folks with their projects by given them access to our dealer prices. Whether it been the three Hellion TT kits we helped members with, Forgeline wheels, Penske shocks, etc..... These members know because they have seen the charges on our Amnex, In some cases, we have even lost money because we have forgotten to add the 3% PayPal fee, LOL. As much as we like to help, unfortunately with school in all, we just don't have enough time to do so

Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #16
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You guys went so far beyond a 'weekend project' that I half expected you to open shop and become a full-fledged performance manufacturer. With all the progress, knowledge and experience you've gained, you could become a top-notch company if you want to. I understand wanting to get your schooling finished, so by all means get your degrees, but if you do nothing else at least finish putting together G5.R so we can all see the dream finished!

Best of luck and thank you for all the great stuff you shared with us here; hopefully we'll see more from you guys in the future.
Thanks Doc, we have always considered you a class act!!! We really appreciate all the kinds words and encouragement you have always offered
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #17
eodtech72
EOD

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Thanks for the answers and I apologize if my frustration curved in your direction. You have been keeping me as up-to-date as you could, so my concerns are not from the emails that you did send but that they went unanswered for so long.... It was the manufacturer's poor customer service I was referring to. And the fact that once this Alex guy did answer his email said nothing more than the part has to be fitted and it will be another 11 days. No where did he say why it takes 2 months to fit a part, hell you could make one in that amount of time. Nor did he address why it took a month to respond to YOUR requests for an update.

Thanks for your assistance and good luck in your future endeavors.
eodtech72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:30 AM   #18
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Gotta chime in and also vote for some of these threads being brought back... lots of valuable input and photos from many people were in those.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:51 PM   #19
Gregss1le
Asskicker

Drives: '15 Camaro Blue Velvet Metallic 1le
Just at anytime a sponsor, stops sponsoring ALL of their threads get deleted? I mean I can totally understand sale threads or links, but they still contributed and gave the website much more then money.

2015 Camaro 1ss 1le
1991 Camaro LsX-not stock
Gregss1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:33 PM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregss1le View Post
Just at anytime a sponsor, stops sponsoring ALL of their threads get deleted? I mean I can totally understand sale threads or links, but they still contributed and gave the website much more then money.
[/didn'treadthethread]
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
The clutter thread and the G5R build thread are active. The clutter thread is in the V8 bolt on section as a sticky as it was and the G5R build is in the members build threads... Enjoy...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:58 AM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The clutter thread and the G5R build thread are active. The clutter thread is in the V8 bolt on section as a sticky as it was and the G5R build is in the members build threads... Enjoy...
Thank you for bringing these threads back!

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:39 PM   #23
TXM62SS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Sweet! Thanks!!!!!!!
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #24
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
Thanks for getting those threads back!!
yenkostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #25
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
..... gone again?
Old 07-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #26
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
..... gone again?
yep
Old 07-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #27
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
So I've waited to see if it would be brought back in case it was accidentally deleted again, but that doesn't appear to be the case. So does anybody know what happened?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:20 PM   #28
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
So I've waited to see if it would be brought back in case it was accidentally deleted again, but that doesn't appear to be the case. So does anybody know what happened?
She's back in all her wondrous glory

I assume they took it down while they were updating for some reason.