Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #1
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Different Everest 1100s?

A few months ago I ordered some Everest 1100s from The Rag Company. They're awesome, so I ordered some more last week. The new ones I got seem a bit different from the first batch.
In the pictures, the old ones are on the left, and the new ones are on the right. They both feel equally heavy and equally thick, but the old ones have a much smoother texture on their surface - the new ones even feel a little more rough than the old ones. These pictures were taken after I washed them (using Free and Clear detergent with no fabric softener), but they looked and felt the same beforehand.

I know they were back-ordered in December. Has anyone else ordered them since the back-order, and if so, do yours look like this too?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
Yeah I ordered new ones last week and noticed they are different made me sad :(! they must have changed something because the new ones are a little better I think
Old 02-17-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
scandata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchew View Post
Yeah I ordered new ones last week and noticed they are different made me sad :(! they must have changed something because the new ones are a little better I think
If they're better, then great! I haven't used mine yet. I guess I'll know this weekend when I was the car again.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
flyboy9994

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Oh for God's sakes... Please no more towels!

Geeezzz, now I gotta go look at these Everest 1100's. There goes another $100.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:15 PM   #5
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Mike I sent Jeff an e-mail in regards to the changes made in the 1100's, here is his reply.

Hi Joe,
Thank-you for your request! Yes, in our quest for continuous product improvement we made a couple of minor modifications with the Everest 1100 - all for the positive. The stitching around the towel is even more durable now to avoid any future issues with corner/edge separation. During our quality inspections last fall (we inspect and hand-shake every towel before it's shipped), we discovered a couple of 1100 towels where that had occurred and worked with the factory to ensure that never happened again (have never had that problem with the Everest 800's).

In addition, we had received a few customer requests to modify the cross stitching in the middle of the towel from a + pattern to a = pattern as they felt that change worked better for how they were using the towels. We ran the change by our adviser team of pro detailers for their input and came to the conclusion that it could potentially reduce/minimize friction/slide between the two towels.

Finally, we worked with the factory to improve the base material yarn and material to maximize absorbency for these particular towels by producing towels in a slightly more natural color (very light vanilla) to minimize yarn bleaching (pure white) or dying (colored towels) that can impact absorbency rates. Hopefully that helps answer your questions. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Best regards-

Jeff Hennen
Executive Vice-President, Sales & Marketing

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #6
scandata

Very cool, Joe. Thanks for getting that info. I feel better about it now. I'll be using them this weekend. If I notice anything worth mentioning I'll post a follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Mike I sent Jeff an e-mail in regards to the changes made in the 1100's, here is his reply.

Hi Joe,
Thank-you for your request! Yes, in our quest for continuous product improvement we made a couple of minor modifications with the Everest 1100 - all for the positive. The stitching around the towel is even more durable now to avoid any future issues with corner/edge separation. During our quality inspections last fall (we inspect and hand-shake every towel before it's shipped), we discovered a couple of 1100 towels where that had occurred and worked with the factory to ensure that never happened again (have never had that problem with the Everest 800's).

In addition, we had received a few customer requests to modify the cross stitching in the middle of the towel from a + pattern to a = pattern as they felt that change worked better for how they were using the towels. We ran the change by our adviser team of pro detailers for their input and came to the conclusion that it could potentially reduce/minimize friction/slide between the two towels.

Finally, we worked with the factory to improve the base material yarn and material to maximize absorbency for these particular towels by producing towels in a slightly more natural color (very light vanilla) to minimize yarn bleaching (pure white) or dying (colored towels) that can impact absorbency rates. Hopefully that helps answer your questions. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. Best regards-

Jeff Hennen
Executive Vice-President, Sales & Marketing

Old 02-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #7
scandata

OK, I just got done using both old and new versions side by side to apply detail spray (Adam's, if you're curious). I do like the new ones a little better. They feel "meatier" if that makes sense. Not necessarily thicker, but like they have more bulk. Over time I'll be able to tell if I like them long term, but if you were wanting a review before buying them, I'd say go ahead and get them - you won't be disappointed.

Old 03-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
OK, I just got done using both old and new versions side by side to apply detail spray (Adam's, if you're curious). I do like the new ones a little better. They feel "meatier" if that makes sense. Not necessarily thicker, but like they have more bulk. Over time I'll be able to tell if I like them long term, but if you were wanting a review before buying them, I'd say go ahead and get them - you won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the review. Any issues with linting? My one issue with the Everest (and some other RC towels) has been linting. Curious if anyone else has same problem, and if this never version was any better.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #9
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
Thanks for the review. Any issues with linting? My one issue with the Everest (and some other RC towels) has been linting. Curious if anyone else has same problem, and if this never version was any better.

Towels can attract lint from other towels or lint that's in the washer or dryer. A.J. also known as the Junkman, has the best tip for resolving lint issues from washing/drying towels, just use a cheap microfiber, all the lint will stick to it and stay off your good towels.

It's explained at 10:59 in the video if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:07 PM   #10
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Towels can attract lint from other towels or lint that's in the washer or dryer. A.J. also known as the Junkman, has the best tip for resolving lint issues from washing/drying towels, just use a cheap microfiber, all the lint will stick to it and stay off your good towels.

It's explained at 10:59 in the video if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Thanks Joe. Great video, but I haven't been noticing it on my Adams towels, only noticing on some RCs and I wash them all together. Any other idea?
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:13 PM   #11
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Thanks Joe. Great video, but I haven't been noticing it on my Adams towels, only noticing on some RCs and I wash them all together. Any other idea?

Don't know of any, this has resolved any issues I have with linting. I have only 1 Adams plush towel, a double soft I got in a mystery box, can't tell any difference in it from my RC 1100's, look, feel, and weigh exactly the same. I have the older version 1100's.

I also do have a few of the waffle weave Adams waterless wash towels, only difference I can tell is the RC has a satin/silk border. Other then that they are identical.

I do know this for a fact, if you try this (using a cheap towel to catch lint) and still have linting issues with the RC towels, Jeff will make it right.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 03-01-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #12
scandata

Quote:
No, but I never had issues with linting with other MF either. The only time I did get lint was on the windows when I used to use microfiber cloths with Invisible Glass (I now use glass cleaning cloths).