Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #99
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
It would've been great if the original post in this thread had been updated with all the useful info provided by forum members throughout the thread. This thread was a great idea, and it's unfortunate that there was no follow-through.

Can Camaro5.com please get some moderators or admins who are still interested in the 5th gen Camaro?

Also, for anyone looking for a big rear bar, consider the Detroit Speed hollow 35 mm bar - equivalent torsional stiffness as a solid 32mm bar and about 9 lbs lighter. Pounds make tons....
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #100
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
It would've been great if the original post in this thread had been updated with all the useful info provided by forum members throughout the thread. This thread was a great idea, and it's unfortunate that there was no follow-through.

Can Camaro5.com please get some moderators or admins who are still interested in the 5th gen Camaro?

Also, for anyone looking for a big rear bar, consider the Detroit Speed hollow 35 mm bar - equivalent torsional stiffness as a solid 32mm bar and about 9 lbs lighter. Pounds make tons....
👍
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 AM   #101
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
When is a XXmm diameter hollow bar not a XXmm hollow bar?
Why did GM change from hollow bars on the 2010 - 2011 to solid bars?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:12 AM   #102
pat_t

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
When is a XXmm diameter hollow bar not a XXmm hollow bar?
Why did GM change from hollow bars on the 2010 - 2011 to solid bars?
Genuinely interested in what you think are the answers to these questions Pete?

I see many other manufacturers using hollow anti roll bars on both road and race cars.

I imagine solid are cheaper to produce.

I can't think of an engineering reason why larger-diameter-hollow isn't better than smaller-diameter-solid for an equivalent torsional stiffness.
(assuming one has the space to fit the larger one)
pat_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:11 AM   #103
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

[QUOTE=pat_t;10154542]Genuinely interested in what you think are the answers to these questions Pete?

I see many other manufacturers using hollow anti roll bars on both road and race cars.

I imagine solid are cheaper to produce.

I can't think of an engineering reason why larger-diameter-hollow isn't better than smaller-diameter-solid for an equivalent torsional stiffness.
(assuming one has the space to fit the larger one)[/QUOT

Maybe I can help. Well yes a given bar size is what it is , not sure what that meant.
Hollows more expensive to make I read. A 35 hollow is like a 32 solid depending on wall thickness. Would have to be about a 3/16” Wall. Gm went to same size solid vs the 2010-11 hollows I bet so same clearances for fit , cheaper to make(?) and they are stronger size for size.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #104
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Would you guys always recommend 27mm Front and 32mm Rear Sways, even for a street-only V6 who's just looking for tuned in performance when putting around?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #105
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinginHawk View Post
Would you guys always recommend 27mm Front and 32mm Rear Sways, even for a street-only V6 who's just looking for tuned in performance when putting around?
Those are the biggest you can use. I would read all on here to get input. The 5mm difference in bar size is right for reducing understeer on the street and handling. To save money you could try stock SS front bar that’s 23mm and zl1 rear of 28mm for street driving. The big ones are fine to and will feel stiffer and flatter in turns but you have to push it to notice
Old 06-28-2018, 06:52 AM   #106
perfucto

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Different Question, Sway Bar Related

I have a 2013 ZL1 with Gforce Outlaw axles. I am using Pfadt adjustable heavy duty sway bars front and rear. Due to the larger axles the rear sway bar is rubbing on each axle. I have found pictures with the same problem using DSS axles.
When I contacted Pfadt they said "I spoke to the engineers and since the vehicle has been modified we don’t have a solution for this issue.
The sway bar was made for the stock axles. We don’t want to recommend any modification that we have not tried in any of our vehicles".
Some have said to space the sway bar out about 3/4 of an inch other say not to.
Anyone experience this same problem, if so, what was the solution?
Attached Images

perfucto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 04:41 PM   #107
darcycook

Drives: 2013 v6 auto 1LT
this is confusing to me ,so the rear sway bar would be 4-5mm larger which will increase the oversteer would reduces understeer ?
darcycook is offline   Reply With Quote