Don't know yet and or waiting for more stat info. 37 7.09%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #85
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Racer View Post
Yes, that is why I am not getting the A10...saving that money for more rear tires to burn up...LOL
So you can't have the A10 with the line lock option.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #86
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
But Grandma probably couldn't meet its ring time?
So true...but neither can we...even with an Dual clutch/A10 at our disposal...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So you can't have the A10 with the line lock option.
I believe it should be offered with both the M6 and the A10(?)...for me, I just mean I don't want to pay the extra money for the A10...I am sure it is great...just realistically unproven. I will cheer for it...but I just don't want to be the first one to get it and also, I have a bad habit of modifying my car aka adding more HP after a while (my wife hates that). And I am not sure how that bad habit will affect the A10. I'll let someone else test that out first, then maybe someday down the road I would buy a car with an A10. Since I am at SEMA every year...they are always luring me into adding this and adding that...and then you'll see me...opening my wallet...terrible, just terrible ...LOL

But whatever anyone chooses, the ZL1 will be cool either way. We just have to pick what is more comfortable for our own needs...and in my case bad habits
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:23 PM   #87
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
So true...but neither can we...even with an Dual clutch/A10 at our disposal...LOL

I believe it should be offered with both the M6 and the A10(?)...for me, I just mean I don't want to pay the extra money for the A10...I am sure it is great...just realistically unproven. I will cheer for it...but I just don't want to be the first one to get it and also, I have a bad habit of modifying my car aka adding more HP after a while (my wife hates that). And I am not sure how that bad habit will affect the A10. I'll let someone else test that out first, then maybe someday down the road I would buy a car with an A10. Since I am at SEMA every year...they are always luring me into adding this and adding that...and then you'll see me there...opening my wallet...terrible, just terrible ...LOL

But whatever anyone chooses, the ZL1 will be cool either way. We just have to pick what is more comfortable for our own needs...and in my case bad habits
If the 5th gen ZL1 is any indication it will handle mods just fine.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:37 PM   #88
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
If the 5th gen ZL1 is any indication it will handle mods just fine.
Nice. That is good to know. But the A10 is pretty much a brand new trans between GM/Ford...even though they both have like a dozen vehicles lined up to get it in the next couple of years...the ZL1 is the first to get it. Even the GT350 did not get it, even though it is rumored to be getting it in the future. I think I would still wait on it until it gets some mileage on it. People will drag it, people will track it, people will commute with it, people will modify it...and then we will see. I think out of the box it will be awesome, but I am just not comfortable being a tester by getting the first batch, especially since I have to pay extra for it. If it was a $0 cost option...that could sway me...hahaha...maybe...

But I appreciate the info and I hope when we are talking about it 3-5 years from now that it is a huge, solid success 10 speeds...that's like the bicycle I had when I was a kid...hahaha
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:41 PM   #89
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Nice. That is good to know. But the A10 is pretty much a brand new trans between GM/Ford...even though they both have like a dozen vehicles lined up to get it in the next couple of years...the ZL1 is the first to get it. Even the GT350 did not get it, even though it is rumored to be getting it in the future. I think I would still wait on it until it gets some mileage on it. People will drag it, people will track it, people will commute with it, people will modify it...and then we will see. I think out of the box it will be awesome, but I am just not comfortable being a tester by getting the first batch, especially since I have to pay extra for it. If it was a $0 cost option...that could sway me...hahaha...maybe...

But I appreciate the info and I hope when we are talking about it 3-5 years from now that it is a huge, solid success 10 speeds...that's like the bicycle I had when I was a kid...hahaha
Remember the 10 speeds well. One thing GM seems to be good at is durability in these cars, they do a lot of testing. They did over 800 hard launches on the last Z to test durability.

Last edited by Sven59; 08-14-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #90
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I'm leaning towards the A10. My '12 ZL1 was a manual. Fun to drive but at times I had wished I had an automatic due to traffic. If the Auto does avoid the GG that may be the tipping point.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:03 PM   #91
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWALEX View Post
A10 of course
Love that color combo of your car not many around like that
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:56 PM   #92
DWALEX

Drives: Currently 2016-2SS, Future ZL1/Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
Love that color combo of your car not many around like that
Thank you, I really like how it looks
Old 08-15-2016, 07:10 AM   #93
dorifto65

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Black
If I decide to get one, it will have a manual transmission. Automatics are just plain boring to drive.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:58 AM   #94
Camaroguy555

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2016 1SS NPP 6MT MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I'm honestly intrigued by this 10-speed.......I'll be honest, I still want a stick...but if the auto escapes gas-guzzler tax, that about does it for me. Everything else appears to be awesome about it.
Something to consider is that the guzzler tax will likely be offset by the ost for the 10 speed.
Camaroguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:01 AM   #95
KevinTernes

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I'm sentimental about the idea of a 10-speed.
It takes me back to that Schwinn I had back in the 70s.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 PM   #96
Z Boss
Camaro Addiction

Drives: 68SS81Z2887IROC97Z28SS,12ZL1,22ZLE
My personal experience: my wife who can handle a vehicle fast had a six speed 50th Anniversary Z06. She's always admired Mercedes Benz SL's so we looked at a supercharged AMG SL55 - no manual trannys. The salesman told us "once you drive this car with the paddle shifted automatic, you will never again think about a manually shifted car." He was correct as that car was a beast and the paddle shifted automatic was awesome. Now I'm a Camaro guy with 3 of my 5 generations with manual trannys - '68 SS 4 speed, 97 Z28 SS and the '12 ZL1, but that MB was unbelievable to drive quick. My sense is that the SL in sport mode shifted somewhat like what I perceive an F1 car is like. I would not have believed the manual was as fun or quick as a manual. I'm waiting for real reviews and maybe a test drive of the new A10 before deciding on my 6th gen Camaro. I really hope the A10 shifts lightning fast because that is what I will order. I'm not worried about hp increasing mods that may negatively affect a Camaro drivetrain. Chevrolet, Al O. and the engineers know what we do with these cars.

P.S. - she is now driving her second SL with an automatic - Night Edition SL500R
2012 Camaro ZL1 VIN #0004
ZL1, Ashen Grey, Black Leather, 6 speed, suede, exposed carbon fiber weave, gray stripe
Current Status: Cruisin' !!
3800 Produced: 1/27/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer: 4/27/2012
Z Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:49 PM   #97
Dinosoar

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
For me, the manual transmission is dead as a performance choice. It's merely a driving style now. These new autos are faster and better than the ones of yesteryear, as well as better than manuals. The go faster with less fuel.

As a purist, I feel they are not an "abomination" because high performance driving/racing is not about shifting gears with a third pedal at all...though paddle shifting is key. It is about managing balance and grip through four contact patches with the use of throttle, brake, and the wheel. There is not other aspect to it.

Finally, other paddle shift, non-third-pedal-cars that remain pure are found regularly in IMSA, F1, WEC, WRC, and many other top race series. Manuals are not the key to a pure driving experience. They're just a preference.

In short, go auto!
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:04 AM   #98
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifto65 View Post
If I decide to get one, it will have a manual transmission. Automatics are just plain boring to drive.
+1

I've driven a few paddle shifted performance cars.... boring! I've also driven DCT M3's, and felt those were just as lacking. Actually, I felt a regular auto was a better transmission than that.

I currently have a full manual reverse pattern valve body in my '69 Mach1 and that feels a little better (instant shifts, but no full auto). But I will be switching to a manual transmission, even tho it will slow it down in straight line consistency.