Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-17-2009, 07:34 AM   #15
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
since I went and had mine scanned, the damn lights on full time!!
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #16
redlightroxy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2006 Malibu
I just had this issue last week and had it fixed. Connector under the seat needed to be tightened. Had it back from the dealer in 2 hours and no problems since!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You know you're addicted to Camaro5 when you hear that song being played over the radio and immediately think of redlightroxy.
redlightroxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:14 AM   #17
3 SS's

I'm being told they have been advised by GM tech to check some module under the console, they say it's a drivers side crash sensor that is causing the service airbag code, they've swapped the sensor and it's still showing up, so tech is telling them to check the wiring and control module under the console.... they get to learn how to take apart the console on my car.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:32 AM   #18
3 SS's

Well it's @ the dealer ...let's see what happens.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #19
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Keep us posted.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
3 SS's

Two days now :(
They seem a little unsure of themselves... as of 7:30 AM, GM Tech has told them to replace some type of control box/module for the airbag system that is under the console.
They were waiting to find out where it's coming from and I was told I'd get a call as soon as they knew where it was coming from and when it was shipping ... anyway, no call I would think it could only come from one place ...no? OSHAWA
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
3 SS's

Still nothing, they're telling me they've had no response from GM as to when & where the part is coming from... offered to put the car together and give it back to me until the part comes in...and then bring it back in again.

third full day there. :(
Old 08-27-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
3 SS's

Four full days gone by... if I get the same answer tomorrow, the shit's gonna hit the fan.
I'm suppose to believe that a part that's getting put into hundreds of cars per day....isn't available for mine!!!!!!!!!

I didn't buy this car to drive around in a Malibu loaner
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #23
Bumleb

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Rally Yellow
Mine Too

I took my camaro in yesterday to the dealership for the speedometer and tachometer being jumpy, they are going to replace the entire cluster, and for the 'Service Airbag' light. My advisor just called and said that it only comes on when the seat is in a certain position, that explains why it didn't come on with my husband but came on when I drove it, and yes only at slow speeds. They said that they contacted GM and until there are more with the same issue there is currently no fix. But the diagnostics came back good and there isn't a problem. I'm aggrevated. No fix....?.

Still love my car and pray it's not a lemon....:(
Old 08-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #24
3 SS's

Stopped in yesterday PM and was told "parts not in and no word when it will be"
So I got a little upset and said that was unacceptable, after a little ranting, the service mgr came out of his office to see what was going on.
He asked some ???'s then had the service writer call parts dept...and was told " the parts backordered"
I asked " how can a part that's getting put into 300+ cars a day be backordered and said someone needs to make the call to the right person and get this remedied, I can't imagine that there aren't enough of these modules somewhere that they can't get one down here for my car...somebody somewhere has to be able to make this happen!!!
But a parts dept placing an order on a computer and just waiting for the part to show up....isn't going to work in this situation.:(
The service mgr said he will make this his priority Monday AM....we'll see where it goes now.
I know a lot of people here have waited many days, months etc... for cars /repairs etc.... but this I believe is just a matter of someone taking charge.

Anyway...as of now 5 full days without the Camaro
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #25
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Seeb,
I'm going to Richard next week for a simple alignment check. My gauge says the camber is out on the right rear wheel.
Rich is calling me Monday and said they don't even have alignment specs for our cars.
I said then you could at lease match the camber to the other three wheels that are near zero camber. I'll be sure to do it by appointment, they are not keeping my car for days just to get alignment specs from the rep. NO WAY ARE THEY HOLDING MY CAR HOSTAGE.
I'll ask Monday whats going on with your car?

Last edited by TooCool5; 08-29-2009 at 02:02 PM.
TooCool5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
3 SS's

Old 08-31-2009, 04:48 PM   #27
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightroxy View Post
I just had this issue last week and had it fixed. Connector under the seat needed to be tightened. Had it back from the dealer in 2 hours and no problems since!
This is so strange. I had this same thing happen to me this weekend. It eventually went away but it was extremely annoying. Was the loose connector under the driver or the passenger seat?
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:16 PM   #28
3 SS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightroxy View Post
2 hrs..... I spent three in there the first trip , just to be told we have to pull your console out and check the SDM...I went back a week later and haven't seen my car since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
This is so strange. I had this same thing happen to me this weekend. It eventually went away but it was extremely annoying. Was the loose connector under the driver or the passenger seat?
You better hope it's just a loose connecter...cause GM can't figure out how to ship one of these modules from Oshawa to the states.