Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
ANOTHER HEATED SEAT THREAD

Hi there everyone im going to post my experience with these heated seats and maybe it will help with some confusion.I have 2 2010 Camaros one ss and one rs,,,,,,,,,,,,, both have been plagued with the drivers seat heater not working.Both of these cars failed well below there warranty period being up and both were repaired under warranty at different dealers at different times.The repaires never fixed the problem.I have had many parts replaced on both cars but always with the same result.A day later it stops working.I am master certified Technician and only had the work done at the dealer because it was under warranty.After 4 tries I decided to fix it myself.As many of you know the real problemis the two wires at the back side heater.The wires break from repeatedly being moved and can cause intermittent issues.I was able to fix one by simply cutting the wires and replacing with a longer wire the other car required replacement of the entire element since the wire was broke flush at the element.Alot of rumors about no part availibilty and changing venders are floating around but I found these to be false since I was able to pick the element up at the parts desk the day I went there.Its the exact same maker as OE with no changes so I almost expect this issue again in a few years.The replacement only took about an hour as I did not remove the side air bag and was able to peel the seat cover off from right to left.The part cost me about 46 bucks and now all works great.I think the techs at the dealer are having a hard time finding this because it can be intermittent.If you take it in simply let them know they should eyeball the wire at the heater element its really obvious when you do.Hope this helps someone
Attached Images

firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
IlikeMyCamaro

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Hey man,

I was just wondering if you ever opened up the old part to see what's at the end of those wires? It doesnt seem to connect to anything and I'm in the middle of a repair myself for the drivers heated seat.

Cheers.
IlikeMyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote