Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
DBS
Banned

Drives: z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoming zl1 View Post
claying is a process used to take off surface impurities like rail dust.
Shouldn't every dealer do that when they get the car as PDI?
DBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #16
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS View Post
Not typically.

Just sent... don't want to offend anyone.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
wyoming zl1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1372
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS View Post
I would say most dealers dont. The process takes a fair amount of time. I will be claying mine when i get her home. I have already ordered from Adams.
wyoming zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #18
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
No, clay bar is usually time costly. It is rubbing the whole car down in WET conditions and the clay absorbs road grease, grime, etc that normal car wash does not get out. You will notice the clay bar turning color (from white to brown as you go).... even after it is washed. It leaves the paint surface ultra smooth and ready for a good wax and polish!

The dealer BODY SHOP did it for me. And, I guess, because it was the first ZL1 they got, CARED HIGHLY about the delivered product. I did not ask them to do it. I told them when I got it home I planned on it, and they said "LET US SAVE YOU THE TROUBLE".... But, it did not take them long, because they are used to it. And, they had bigger clay bars than you can buy locally.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
Bjones

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible Red Jewel
This is why car dealers do what they do. You had some professional folks who gave you five star service alright.

I don't know how you feel but I know I try my best to make all my customers feel just like you felt.
Bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #20
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
**beaming**

Delighted that your ZL1 is now in your hands - on behalf of everyone at Team Camaro -- we hope this is the best car you've ever owned!
Old 05-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #21
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
**beaming**

Delighted that your ZL1 is now in your hands - on behalf of everyone at Team Camaro -- we hope this is the best car you've ever owned!

Honestly, Words can not discribe how I feel about this car. I am utterly speechless on every aspect of what it is and can do.

Every last person on the Camaro team went above and beyond what I as a customer expected in this car. I am at a loss for words, I'm just glad that I get to be the first caretaker of ZL-1 #608
Old 05-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #22
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
So today I got a call from the General Manager at my dealership today saying that my car arrived and to come down ASAP. Thank goodness I have a supervisor that is just as much into cars as I am. So he let me take 4 hours today off and head down to the dealership.

Well once I arrived they were all in a buzz about the car. I must have had every sales person shaking my hand and saying congradulations on getting the car. It almost felt like I was a rock star getting ready to go on stage.

Anyways, my sales person started to talk and was collecting my paperwork so he could finish getting everything signed and ready for me to pick up and leave with the car. He then askes if I would like to check it out while it's still in the bay getting the PDI completed. Of course I went and had to check out my new baby!

As we talk a little on the way there, he tells me that this car was looked at by every person in the shop and sales floor. They were all amazed at what GM did with the Camaro. I just had to smile and shake my head because I knew what kind of creature GM built.

So as we get to the vehicle the shop tech working on my car had almost all the basic things done. Which was cool, but asked me if I would like to help him complete the PDI. I about jumped out of my skin to answer him with an excited YES!!! He just laughed, slapped me on the back and said let's go.

He tosses me the keys to the car and tells me that we need to put fuel in the car and take it on a 10 mile test ride to make sure that all the parts and items he needs to check work properly.

We get gas, and then head out for the test drive. He has me go through the gears one by one, maintain the RPMs at about 2500 for each gear and then he starts to just sit back and says, "Have fun, and just keep it with in the break in guide lines."

I about lit up!! The first stop light we came to, we made sure there were no cops around, and I did a rolling start and then just hammer it in first to second to third. I couldn"t believe how fast we got to 75! It was truely amazing to feel how powerful this car is, and the ride itself...OMG it is so much better than the SS. I never felt any bumps or jarring in the car if I ran over questionable areas of the road. There is no feeling like this, I love how the car responds and just goes.

So we put on our 10 miles total, head back to the shop and who do I see? My wife! She just gives me this look of Boys and their toys. When I got out of the car, I gave her a huge hug and said thanks for letting me get the car and she just whispered, "You owe me"...

After every piece of paper work was finialized, I was able to jump back into my car and head back to work. The best part, I had to travel on some road that had a lot of S turns and inclines and declines. I have never had so muc fun going back to work in my life.

Thanks GM!! You go got this one so right it's scary.
Congratulations! Thank you for the feedback. We are glad that you love it. What is your favorite feature?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
Troyb

Drives: 1968 Chevelle + 2012 ZL1
Awesome story. It is great to see great things happening for the people who waited
Troyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
So today I got a call from the General Manager at my dealership today saying that my car arrived and to come down ASAP. Thank goodness I have a supervisor that is just as much into cars as I am. So he let me take 4 hours today off and head down to the dealership.

Well once I arrived they were all in a buzz about the car. I must have had every sales person shaking my hand and saying congradulations on getting the car. It almost felt like I was a rock star getting ready to go on stage.

Anyways, my sales person started to talk and was collecting my paperwork so he could finish getting everything signed and ready for me to pick up and leave with the car. He then askes if I would like to check it out while it's still in the bay getting the PDI completed. Of course I went and had to check out my new baby!

As we talk a little on the way there, he tells me that this car was looked at by every person in the shop and sales floor. They were all amazed at what GM did with the Camaro. I just had to smile and shake my head because I knew what kind of creature GM built.

So as we get to the vehicle the shop tech working on my car had almost all the basic things done. Which was cool, but asked me if I would like to help him complete the PDI. I about jumped out of my skin to answer him with an excited YES!!! He just laughed, slapped me on the back and said let's go.

He tosses me the keys to the car and tells me that we need to put fuel in the car and take it on a 10 mile test ride to make sure that all the parts and items he needs to check work properly.

We get gas, and then head out for the test drive. He has me go through the gears one by one, maintain the RPMs at about 2500 for each gear and then he starts to just sit back and says, "Have fun, and just keep it with in the break in guide lines."

I about lit up!! The first stop light we came to, we made sure there were no cops around, and I did a rolling start and then just hammer it in first to second to third. I couldn"t believe how fast we got to 75! It was truely amazing to feel how powerful this car is, and the ride itself...OMG it is so much better than the SS. I never felt any bumps or jarring in the car if I ran over questionable areas of the road. There is no feeling like this, I love how the car responds and just goes.

So we put on our 10 miles total, head back to the shop and who do I see? My wife! She just gives me this look of Boys and their toys. When I got out of the car, I gave her a huge hug and said thanks for letting me get the car and she just whispered, "You owe me"...

After every piece of paper work was finialized, I was able to jump back into my car and head back to work. The best part, I had to travel on some road that had a lot of S turns and inclines and declines. I have never had so muc fun going back to work in my life.

Thanks GM!! You go got this one so right it's scary.
I like the punch line ,,,,, YOU OWE ME ,,,,,,
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote