Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #1415
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
I'm very pleased with mine too!
Had it in for almost 2 weeks now, no problems whatsoever.
Much better performance, by the butt-dyno.
When it warms up more I'll hit the real dyno.
I would go now, but all my baselines were around 80-85 degrees, and its only hit 70 once so far this year.
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #1416
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Has anyone Painted their Vararam yet? If so, do you have any pics?
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 AM   #1417
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
The Wickerbills purpose- just as its name implies ,its been put in place to downsize the flowpath to the filter.
This allows the use of a high spec unit, in detuned form.
Allowing the customer to remove the wickerbill later as there power needs demand.

( the VR unit was designed to support 1000hp and 700cu/inch, then detuned for stock cars )

The throttlebody on the LS-3 (LS-7&LS-2) is one in the same. The blade does not seat ,it has daylight all the way around its perimiter.This allows air to bleed past.

Rad bolts come with all the units now as standard eqip.The unit was setup from day one to use these.
My unit did not come with Rad Bolts...can you tell me the size and grade of stainless so I can pick them up locally.....Thanks (Anyone??)

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #1418
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Just got back from Camaro5Fest, we had my fiancee's car dynoed while we were up there by ECS, all we have on the car is the 3" Tune VR with no tune on it and the wicker bill in it. It dynoed at 386whp/380tq. This was also done with no fan in front of the car blowing air into it. The guys at ECS told me her car was the highest whp/tq car they dynoed all day that only had an aftermarket intake on it by like 10-15 whp. She was the last car they dynoed at 5:00pm. The best she ran down the 1/4 was a 13.4 , she couldn't get traction out the hole. Her trap speed was 105-106 mph
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #1419
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Mine was installed and tune updated by Vengeance this weekend at C5fest...no numbers yet.

The car seems to run smoother (commented on by both my wife and son)...not sure if this is due to the vararam or the tune. The revs seem to climb faster and acceleration certainly seems 'cleaner'...in hindsight I would say the car previously seemed to be fighting itself.

All just opinion and conjecture on my part...but I've got an LMR CAI up for sale...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #1420
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Everyone on the preorder list has been PM'd!!! Will be contacting the " second" order list within a week or so!!!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 PM   #1421
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Mine was installed and tune updated by Vengeance this weekend at C5fest...no numbers yet.

The car seems to run smoother (commented on by both my wife and son)...not sure if this is due to the vararam or the tune. The revs seem to climb faster and acceleration certainly seems 'cleaner'...in hindsight I would say the car previously seemed to be fighting itself.

All just opinion and conjecture on my part...but I've got an LMR CAI up for sale...
I did the same thing at the C5 fest and I have to say the opposite about the smoother part. It definitely pulls stronger and I did run better times at the track but I now know what that surging and some bucking people were talking about. I also dont know whether it is the vararam or the tune or both. looking into local tuners.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #1422
Badger

Drives: 2010 ABM SS #14 of 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
My unit did not come with Rad Bolts...can you tell me the size and grade of stainless so I can pick them up locally.....Thanks (Anyone??)
.................Anyone???.................i s thing on? (tap tap tap)

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #1423
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
.................Anyone???.................i s thing on? (tap tap tap)
Call Vararam and Steve will send them out to you!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #1424
66DeuceLS1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS SIM M6 Hockey Kit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Blackhawk View Post
Any word when these will be available to the masses?
Vararam told me yesterday that their goal is to have the preorder list done and ready for general population in Middle of May...

I was 26x on the first list and should have mine tomorrow according to the UPS tracker. 3" Tune with bolts and shims. Cannot wait to get it installed.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #1425
R1CH

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Could somebody PLEASE tell me what size the radiator bolts for this intake are. I asked Vararam for some over a month ago and I never got them.

I JUST LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD AND I HAVE A GASH IN MY RADIATOR HOSE FROM THE PULLEY!!!!
R1CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #1426
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH View Post
Could somebody PLEASE tell me what size the radiator bolts for this intake are. I asked Vararam for some over a month ago and I never got them.

I JUST LOOKED UNDER THE HOOD AND I HAVE A GASH IN MY RADIATOR HOSE FROM THE PULLEY!!!!

wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #1427
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977and2010 View Post
I did the same thing at the C5 fest and I have to say the opposite about the smoother part. It definitely pulls stronger and I did run better times at the track but I now know what that surging and some bucking people were talking about. I also dont know whether it is the vararam or the tune or both. looking into local tuners.
Give it some time...AND...don't pay for another tune....if Vengeance did the tune (as I suspect they did)...they will fix it. It may require that you ship them the PCM via fedex.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #1428
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CH View Post

Sorry - we did send some that got returned for a wrong address !! Call me Monday and I will send you some that day!!!
Again - sorry for the confusion and delay!Let me know how much a new hose is and we will replace it!!!
Steve
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote