Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2018, 02:33 PM   #127
49North1LE

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE G7C,
I'm with "Sherob", not likely I will ever give up my 15 1LE. I just love the look of the G5's, I even take the cover off to admire her from time to time during the winter. I wanted the "muscle car" retro look being I was 8 in 1969. The G6 creates such the opposite reaction, it is just hard to look at period. If I wanted lighter I would buy a Miata, if I wanted more power well there is plenty to choose from. I just sold my one owner 1800 mile C6 Z51 MN6 with Carivaggio Daytona's and D wheel, Corsa Sports, dual roof car. It was a piece and a road carver but this G5 Red Hot 1LE just speakers to the t shirt boy in me. You guys ( of which I imagine many will be younger) can talk up the G6 all you want. Almost anything today with 300+ hp will be more than enough than what is street useable. Besides I can't recall the last time I heard a group talking about 1/4 mile, 0-60 or lateral g capabilities of their new ride except in a forum. The G6 will remain an effective "poser", where GM tried to advance it even further into the global market with lack luster results.
49North1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:41 PM   #128
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
That ZL1 1LE is a beast Rob!

I’m fairly confident my SS would outhandle a stock 1LE be it 5th or 6th gen the way it sits now, but of course a smaller, lighter 6th gen with mods would be that much better. I’m sure the 6th gen is a step up over our designed 11 or 12 years ago 5th gen, but we just didn’t like the looks so didn’t buy the 2016 SS vert we looked at. Plus smaller meant the back seat is useless. I at least have had my kids in the back of mine for short trips. An impossibility in the 2016.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:30 PM   #129
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49North1LE View Post
I'm with "Sherob", not likely I will ever give up my 15 1LE. I just love the look of the G5's, I even take the cover off to admire her from time to time during the winter. I wanted the "muscle car" retro look being I was 8 in 1969. The G6 creates such the opposite reaction, it is just hard to look at period. If I wanted lighter I would buy a Miata, if I wanted more power well there is plenty to choose from. I just sold my one owner 1800 mile C6 Z51 MN6 with Carivaggio Daytona's and D wheel, Corsa Sports, dual roof car. It was a piece and a road carver but this G5 Red Hot 1LE just speakers to the t shirt boy in me. You guys ( of which I imagine many will be younger) can talk up the G6 all you want. Almost anything today with 300+ hp will be more than enough than what is street useable. Besides I can't recall the last time I heard a group talking about 1/4 mile, 0-60 or lateral g capabilities of their new ride except in a forum. The G6 will remain an effective "poser", where GM tried to advance it even further into the global market with lack luster results.
I can relate to your childhood memories of the first generation, because I have similar memories of the second generation. I believe it's unfair to deem the sixth generation a poser though. Similar to every generation that came after the first, it's every bit a Camaro, simply more evolved & advanced.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #130
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
. I just sold my one owner 1800 mile C6 Z51 MN6
Hope you got a good deal on year-end close out clearance! That's barely broken in
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #131
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
That ZL1 1LE is a beast Rob!

I’m fairly confident my SS would outhandle a stock 1LE be it 5th or 6th gen the way it sits now, but of course a smaller, lighter 6th gen with mods would be that much better. I’m sure the 6th gen is a step up over our designed 11 or 12 years ago 5th gen, but we just didn’t like the looks so didn’t buy the 2016 SS vert we looked at. Plus smaller meant the back seat is useless. I at least have had my kids in the back of mine for short trips. An impossibility in the 2016.
Ya thats the way it should be....each new model should be a step up over the last model. But going smaller isnt for me. I wont be giving up my 5th gen till a gen comes out that auctually looks better then it. Everybody has their own view.....and they are not the same. If I had to the 6th gen thing the Zl1/ 1le would be my only choice......nothing less then that 6th gen wise.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:21 PM   #132
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Guy's y'all are fxxking Nuts, any V6 guy that thinks he has the V8 Killer is just kidding himself.

Stock for Stock V6's are not going to outrun a V8

Torque, The V8's have more Torque than a V6
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:37 PM   #133
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Don't get me wrong i loved my 2014 1LE and its a great car but it has nothing over the Gen6 1LE, i mean sure you may not like the Gen 6 but who cares , it don't change how much better it is .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #134
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Don't get me wrong i loved my 2014 1LE and its a great car but it has nothing over the Gen6 1LE, i mean sure you may not like the Gen 6 but who cares , it don't change how much better it is .
It matters to the guy driving it....just because its a little more modern doesnt mean it appeals to everybody. Maybe the 7th gen will regain some of the sizzle the 5th gen had but the 6th gen doesnt. The muscle car look proves its much more popular even now then the streamlined modern look of the 6th gen.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #135
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
It matters to the guy driving it....just because its a little more modern doesnt mean it appeals to everybody. Maybe the 7th gen will regain some of the sizzle the 5th gen had but the 6th gen doesnt. The muscle car look proves its much more popular even now then the streamlined modern look of the 6th gen.
Agreed...My Son has a 6th and I like it for him. But not a chance of me getting a car I cannot fit into and I really like the looks of the 5th far better.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #136
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
By the same token, the future seventh generation 1LE is bound to be better than the sixth generation 1LE. We can keep chasing the newest & shiniest model or be satisfied with what we have. It's a matter of personal choice.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:04 PM   #137
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Yes i know it matters to the guy driving it but that don't take away from the facts of how much better it is . If people don't like the 6Gen what makes you think they will like the 7th Gen . I am sure 7th gen will build on the 6 gen , do you think GM will just switch up and go retro again ? Wont happened and thank heavens those days are behind us . If they want to capture the real muscle car they will need a new Chevelle not another retro Camaro , thats the last thing we need . The 5th gen Camaro is in the past , time to push forward like it or not. I have never seen a Camaro that appeals to everyone , and never will .
Old 04-29-2018, 06:10 PM   #138
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
By the same token, the future seventh generation 1LE is bound to be better than the sixth generation 1LE. We can keep chasing the newest & shiniest model or be satisfied with what we have. It's a matter of personal choice.
Thats the best part of it , i can't wait till they top the ZL1/1LE . I have owned many Camaros and i can't be happier for where they are now , as much as the 69 is worshiped it sucked to drive , it was like sawing wood just to stay in a lane.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #139
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes i know it matters to the guy driving it but that don't take away from the facts of how much better it is . If people don't like the 6Gen what makes you think they will like the 7th Gen . I am sure 7th gen will build on the 6 gen , do you think GM will just switch up and go retro again ? Wont happened and thank heavens those days are behind us . If they want to capture the real muscle car they will need a new Chevelle not another retro Camaro , thats the last thing we need . The 5th gen Camaro is in the past , time to push forward like it or not. I have never seen a Camaro that appeals to everyone , and never will .
Poor Camaro sales and little excitement regarding the 6th gen actually is a problem . Sure its the current version but in reality its been a bit of a bust. Throw in the refresh to kill sales even more Keep telling yourself how great the 6th gen is.....outside this forum most don't even know it exists. The 7th gen better be a home run. We have seen how the modern design has been recieved.. ..do you auctually think the current design is better then the retro? They better not build on the 6th gen design thats for sure.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:05 PM   #140
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Thats the best part of it , i can't wait till they top the ZL1/1LE . I have owned many Camaros and i can't be happier for where they are now , as much as the 69 is worshiped it sucked to drive , it was like sawing wood just to stay in a lane.
That is what people either don't know or have chosen to forget.

Time marches on and no matter how cool your car looks it drives progressively worse than the ones that replace it.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote