Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-10-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
Kinglinton22

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Louder Exhaust

I have a 14 v6 rs I install a borla s type catback Exhaust system and a k&N cold air intake but still not loud enough what should I do?
Kinglinton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:23 AM   #2
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Remove the catalytic converters and all resonators and replace with 3 inch pipes all the way back. Careful though because it will rasp and drone like hell but if you remove the mufflers it will be about as loud as you can get these cars lol.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
Kinglinton22

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Lol I try it and sees what happened
Kinglinton22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
3 inch is too much for a naturally aspirated V6. Your best bet is to remove cats if you aren't subject to emissions testing.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #5
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
3 inch is too much for a naturally aspirated V6. Your best bet is to remove cats if you aren't subject to emissions testing.
True. The v6 likely will not be able to pressurize 3" tubes enough and could cause turbulence that would result in power loss.

That said, he didn't ask what was most efficient, he asked what would be LOUDEST lol.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #6
DSX_Camaro

You got me there. Can't argue with that. Lol.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 07-11-2018, 08:18 PM   #7
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
God, why do people think louder is better?? I replaced my muffler for a Magnaflow free flowing exhaust, it's louder but just a little louder. I took a 20 hr trip with my Camaro and I can just emagine what that would have been like with a super loud exhaust.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
DSX_Camaro

My car with the NPP open (no cats, Magnaflow resonated x) is VERY loud outside the car but still palatable inside. NPP closed is a touch louder than stock inside and mild outside. I think it's fun, personally. And most exhausts with stock cats are still very quiet imo.

Same reason people get the MRT mufflers and then slap Helmholtz chambers around them. They love the tone outside but not so much the resonance inside. One of my friends has a 13 LFX with the Magnaflow catback and no cats and his car is still MUCH quieter than mine. I wouldn't enjoy it personally. I love the volume with a good tone.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #9
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Ya. but try that on a 20 Hr trip. and what about Ford who creates a fake loud exhaust then pumps it into the cabin to make it seem louder
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #10
DSX_Camaro

I mean, I've taken multiple 6 / 8 / 12 hour trips in my car. I still enjoy it. I have over 100k on the car. Sometimes I drive on the highway with the exhaust open. Sometimes I don't.

The engine noise being played through the cabin is just an odd program. The sound is drawn from the intake tubes if they're all similar (2 of my friends have a Fusion and a Mustang) but it doesn't really enhance it because you're still playing it through speakers. I just don't get what they're trying to do. It's not even that loud.