Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #267
Blacknchromehd
Blacknchromehd

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Can you run a shift counter hooked up the auto trans? I mean you could use a nitrous controller with a shift counter and you could set it up for higher gears?
C5CR Polished Intake
GM Carbon Grey 1/4 Flares
Synergy Green Interior Lighting

:headbang :
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #268
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
Can you run a shift counter hooked up the auto trans? I mean you could use a nitrous controller with a shift counter and you could set it up for higher gears?
Yes, i know guy who set their window switches up on their autos so they don't spray until 2nd gear...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #269
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I thought the ZEX ran off the Throttle Position Sensor? I'm really thinking about buying one of these kits for the sh*t's and giggles. I had a '69 GTO with a 125 hp NOS, it was a hell of a lot of fun.
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #270
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
I thought the ZEX ran off the Throttle Position Sensor? I'm really thinking about buying one of these kits for the sh*t's and giggles. I had a '69 GTO with a 125 hp NOS, it was a hell of a lot of fun.
Yes, the base system runs off the TPS.. HOWEVER it is highly recommended you add a window switch for additional safety... most window switches can be setup where you can choose what gear to start spraying, based on the number of times you cross a RPM threshold...
Old 08-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #271
JasonK

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What do you mean by Window Switch? Sorry I'm a little slooowww..
JasonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #272
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
What do you mean by Window Switch? Sorry I'm a little slooowww..
Ok... quick explanation... A window switch allows you to set a "starting" and "ending" RPM for when to activate the N2O, thus creating a "window"... this is used in conjunction with the WOT Throttle Position Switch... This prevents you from spraying to early or spraying to close the the rev limiter... So for the nitrous to be spraying you must be WOT AND the RPMs must be in the proper range....

More advanced window switch also have a gear counter function so you can set it up so that you don't spray until say 2nd or 3rd gear...
Old 08-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #273
JustFresh

Drives: 2011 1LT RS M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... quick explanation... A window switch allows you to set a "starting" and "ending" RPM for when to activate the N2O, thus creating a "window"... this is used in conjunction with the WOT Throttle Position Switch... This prevents you from spraying to early or spraying to close the the rev limiter... So for the nitrous to be spraying you must be WOT AND the RPMs must be in the proper range....

More advanced window switch also have a gear counter function so you can set it up so that you don't spray until say 2nd or 3rd gear...
From what I have been reading it is also a really good idea to get a sensor that will shut off the nitrous solenoid if the fuel pump fails correct?
JustFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #274
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Yes. Without fuel or without enough fuel a nitrous motor will lean out to the point of breaking things(to put it mildly). It's a good failsafe.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #275
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjones View Post
The part number 54-2532 FIPK was the right decision - According to K & N, with 3.8-liter V6 at the beginning of this contribution is a little less than seven horses over 4,825 rpm, c 'is CARB-legal use in California on motor vehicles in the street, an important consideration for the daily driver. In addition, the system also offers an electronic switch to activate the VAT system reliably at full speed, ideal for gas Camaro-by-Wire. "These patented and innovative features that make the ZEX ™ nitrous system is unlike any other game there.
?
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #276
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Sorry for bumping this up, but it's too good of a thread not to. lol

But seriously, i'm currently talking with a live online representative from the ZEX website. I'm asking him about the jet sizes. any other questions you guys have? I'm really wanting to order from ZEX, but i want what I order, a kit for the v6 camaro. don't want to have to get more parts from somewhere else...
Old 03-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #277
PoorMansCamaro

also, can I get one post with the recommended jet size for 55shot/75shot/100shot? thanks!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #278
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Sorry for bumping this up, but it's too good of a thread not to. lol

But seriously, i'm currently talking with a live online representative from the ZEX website. I'm asking him about the jet sizes. any other questions you guys have? I'm really wanting to order from ZEX, but i want what I order, a kit for the v6 camaro. don't want to have to get more parts from somewhere else...
so, he said the guy he has to talk to was in a meeting. i gave him my email so he can answer my question.

Basically, I told him what jet sizes you guys were using for each different shot. Hopefully i got them right. lol

and please, if you could tell me what what other problems you guys had that I may need to know because I plan on installing this myself, once i get it.